MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Resumption of MAS's Previously Axed Routes, Launch of New Routes + Wishlist

Some redeye express I actually quite like

MH408 to TPE for example. Actually don't waste time that way.

Some redeye express I regretted

like MH867 to DPS...that one really screws you over.

why?

Cause it arrives at OMG-o'clock in DPS, if you have a room, you'll still have paid for it. If not, you've got to find something to do until midday. The only possible benefit of this is if you're driving up north to see the sunrise.

Cause it arrives at OMG-o'clock in DPS, if you have a room, you'll still have paid for it. If not, you've got to find something to do until midday. The only possible benefit of this is if you're driving up north to see the sunrise.

ahaaa

the OMG o'clock is intolerable....

no wonder!

:p

ahaaa

the OMG o'clock is intolerable....

no wonder!

:p

As much as i don't like this flight having tried it once.......... the stupidd10t in me went and booked it AGAIN... for March :o

I think there's something wrong with me (it wasn't price driven, I booked it because i have an unchangeable MH714 DPS-KUL coming back the same day and didn't want to risk a delay on MH715... I know it's the inbound flight for MH714 but i wasn't thinking straight at the time :( ) bodoh......

As they say in Indonesia.. between the time of 0235 and 1310 .... aku ngukur bandaranya!

As much as i don't like this flight having tried it once.......... the stupidd10t in me went and booked it AGAIN... for March :o

I think there's something wrong with me (it wasn't price driven, I booked it because i have an unchangeable MH714 DPS-KUL coming back the same day and didn't want to risk a delay on MH715... I know it's the inbound flight for MH714 but i wasn't thinking straight at the time :( ) bodoh......

As they say in Indonesia.. between the time of 0235 and 1310 .... aku ngukur bandaranya!

But new DPS is good to measure what! :p wide enough to wander from one end to another....

Is JNB coming back this year? Also EWR?

0% chance.

a. MAS does not have the aircraft to operate these routes. It has 15 aging B772s at its disposal that are operating about 8-10 medium/long-haul routes and are moreover not fit to compete with the rest. Especially on the highly competitive trans-atlantic routes where, sadly, European carriers probably have better offerings.

b. South African economy is currently not doing well.

c. If we assume MAS returns to NYC, it is more likely for it to operate out of JFK given AA's presence (OW hub)

For JNB - could be as part of a codeshare deal. On MH metal, not a chance in hell. Same goes for EWR - there is already a codeshare with AA from FRA, CDG & LHR so their bases are covered.

For JNB - could be as part of a codeshare deal. On MH metal, not a chance in hell. Same goes for EWR - there is already a codeshare with AA from FRA, CDG & LHR so their bases are covered.

Not EWR, it's JFK.

Why bother with MH, where QR, EK, EY offer cheaper price, newer plane, convenience schedule, more foods, more ife, friendly crews?

Why bother with MH, where QR, EK, EY offer cheaper price, newer plane, convenience schedule, more foods, more ife, friendly crews?

Precisely! No-brainer, right? :)

KBV is already bookable - starting late Jan, can't remember the actual date

Did a dummy booking - found out from MH webpage that MH770 bound for KBV flight time is only 30m...and for the return MH771, flight time is 2h30m... Lovely! As long as combined flight time is 3 hours, who cares...

Edited by V Wong

Did a dummy booking - found out from MH webpage that MH770 bound for KBV flight time is only 30m...and for the return MH771, flight time is 2h30m... Lovely! As long as combined flight time is 3 hours, who cares...

Believe time quoted is LT, KBV is one hour behind KUL.

The arrival time is in local time - the flight duration is stated correctly at 1h 45 mins.

Look at today's business times online...

MAS may fly to New York via London using A380... Hmmm, not sure how BA will feel about that.

There is speculation from our local airline 'experts' and 'analysts' that LAX and FRA may be cut.

This may explain LH's decision to fly non stop to KUL and increase flights

MAS may fly to New York via London using A380... Hmmm, not sure how BA will feel about that.

There is speculation from our local airline 'experts' and 'analysts' that LAX and FRA may be cut.

I don't really see JFK on the cards. Why bother when there is already a codeshare with AA from LHR, CDG & FRA.

As for LAX - it's reputed to be on the chopping block for a while now, and yet it's still around.

NYC? It will be interesting but I doubt MH will be given such rights from LHR to JFK, even SQ does not have the rights. CX has the rights I believe but has not begun utilising them yet. Perhaps it's a code share with BA or just a cheap thrill by the journalist ;)

For FRA, ill be surprised if they cut it but LAX sadly has to go especially with the amount of cancellations to MH92. Who knows? :)

The arrival time is in local time - the flight duration is stated correctly at 1h 45 mins.

You misunderstood me, I do know it is in local time. It appears that MH doesn't, because if you click on flight MH770 and MH 771 for flight detail eg, equipment type, estimated miles, flight time etc, you will find the mistake, now changed to 45m and 2h45m respectively

Im too lazy to learn how to upload screenshots here...

Edited by V Wong

If I'm not mistaken MAS does have 5th freedom rights from the UK. But transatlantic from London (or anywhere in Europe) is going to be highly highly competitive what more if MAS does not have the metal to sustain daily frequencies.

Also, as for MAS cutting LAX and FRA, I don't foresee MAS doing so for the former as I believe it is politically motivated for MAS to retain services to N. America and is contingent upon MAS resuming NYC services which I believe will not be a very wise move. As for FRA, given the health of the German economy, I think it is workable. By the way, LH's capacity to KUL will not be increased substantially as the A346 will operate a tag to CGK as well and services will be increased from 4x to 5x weekly (correct me if I'm wrong on this). So, I don't see this having a major impact.

From what being posted before, FRA is one of the profitable routes.

If MH sends A380 to LAX, their management is out of their mind.

It may be a good plan for MH to pull out of LAX and serve JFK instead. And in the A380, MH will definitely have the necessary metal to serve that competitive route. Malaysia and UK now have an open skies agreement and rights will not be an issue. The question is, are they able to get any JFK and LHR slots?

I think that there are some less profitable routes than FRA, so it is unlikely that MH will cut this route.

Edited by flee