MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Resumption of MAS's Previously Axed Routes, Launch of New Routes + Wishlist

Or you can fly QZ to DPS.

Would love them flying to Darwin, where I'm currently based.. There are only Silk Air and Jetstar when I want to get out.. Horrible..

i for one will be first to fly MH to DXB, but which aircraft do you think they will use? 772?

Aircraft plays a big factor as EK is having their A380/773/77W/332 in this route

Edited by Jeffery Lim

Would love them flying to Darwin, where I'm currently based.. There are only Silk Air and Jetstar when I want to get out.. Horrible..

Silk Air is horrible?

And it seems MH will cancel the BKI-BWN vv. service from 1-July....probably couldn't compete with BI with its jets and up to 3 flights a day on this route.

Yea! It's official. I applaud their willingness to resume this route, knowing EK has monopolised this route for a while.

hopefully there's a good connection to MNL..CGK and the likes...if MAS targetting the labour market from GCC that is..

MAS should know by now that there's big number of Malaysian expats flying with UL from DXB/DOH/ back to KUL...UL tickets are the cheapest compared to EK/QR/EY...it can go as low as QR1800 with 40kg allowance.

Edited by Fairul

hopefully there's a good connection to MNL..CGK and the likes...if MAS targetting the labour market from GCC that is..

MAS should know by now that there's big number of Malaysian expats flying with UL from DXB/DOH/ back to KUL...UL tickets are the cheapest compared to EK/QR/EY...it can go as low as QR1800 with 40kg allowance.

As far as the connectivity is concerned, the flight departs KUL at 2330 and it allows connections from MNL, MH803 (arrive KUL at 2205) and CGK, MH722 & MH724 (arrive KUL at 2120 and 2235 respectively).

Flight from DXB arrives KUL at 1525, and connections to MNL and CGK are available on MH804 (MNL) at 1730 and MH723, 725 & 727 (CGK) at 1625, 1745 & 2145.

Luggage allowances, UL beats MH on that obviously!

Darwin you are at now? Paid a short visit with Jetstar, via SIN, end-2009. Only managed Kakadu. Always thinking of doing the Ghan from Darwin to Adelaide, or vice-versa.

IMG_6029.JPG

As far as the connectivity is concerned, the flight departs KUL at 2330 and it allows connections from MNL, MH803 (arrive KUL at 2205) and CGK, MH722 & MH724 (arrive KUL at 2120 and 2235 respectively).

Flight from DXB arrives KUL at 1525, and connections to MNL and CGK are available on MH804 (MNL) at 1730 and MH723, 725 & 727 (CGK) at 1625, 1745 & 2145.

Luggage allowances, UL beats MH on that obviously!

The arrival time in Dubai does not look good though for business travelers.. arriving at in DXB at 0220, means you will have to spend an additional day of hotel, with only 3 hours of sleep before meeting starts.

Edited by Jeffery Lim

The arrival time in Dubai does not look good though for business travelers.. arriving at in DXB at 0220, means you will have to spend an additional day of hotel, with only 3 hours of sleep before meeting starts.

maybe because of the available slot?

I believe DXB is superbusy these days

Silk Air is horrible?

Horrible as in limited options..haha... but my experience with Silk Air was not pretty also.. The aircraft was stuffy, maybe their air cond was bad.. They charged premium fare for almost LCC-liked service

Or you can fly QZ to DPS.

Not looking forward to transitting in Bali when getting out though yes, I can.. For most people here, Singapore is our gateway out. So if we have Kuala Lumpur as alternative, it will be wonderful even with crampy Sky Interior 737..

Darwin you are at now? Paid a short visit with Jetstar, via SIN, end-2009. Only managed Kakadu. Always thinking of doing the Ghan from Darwin to Adelaide, or vice-versa.

Yup..Relocated here this year.. Still climbing the career ladder, so have to move around to "naik pangkat"... The Ghan is one expensive train ride, but maybe worth the experience.. I was deterred by their price.. haha.. My colleagues used to drive and speeding all the way up and down the vertical length of Australia... But if you visit Darwin, PM me..

Darwin has been on my list to strike off. Been eyeing the JQ SGD98 deals. When is a good time to visit DRW?

Darwin has been on my list to strike off. Been eyeing the JQ SGD98 deals. When is a good time to visit DRW?

Hmm.. Most tourists come here during the dry season or just before the wet season just because it can rain everyday and some roads not accessible..

Having said that, some of the waterfalls can be dry during the dry season..

DRW could be easily serviced by the B738 and it will provide OneWorld members with a full-service alternative. There is certainly potential there!

Also, nice to see MH having another crack at DXB. At least they'll be using the B772 instead of the old A333 previously.

DRW could be easily serviced by the B738 and it will provide OneWorld members with a full-service alternative. There is certainly potential there!

Also, nice to see MH having another crack at DXB. At least they'll be using the B772 instead of the old A333 previously.

Though the products offered inside the current 772 is dated.

Maybe MH needs the 772 capacity for DXB, as EK is doing DXB-KUL very well by 4 daily flights..

Malaysia Airlines will be adding Dubai back to its network effective 5 August 2013. The Kuala Lumpur-Dubai return service will be mounted daily via MH162 and MH163 using the Boeing 777-200 aircraft that offers a total capacity of 307 seats in each flight, equivalent to 3,948 seats weekly.

In conjunction with the re-introduction of service, the national carrier is offering super attractive promotional fares that start from only RM1, 999 for an all-inclusive Economy class return travel. Business class starts from as low as RM5, 999 for an all-inclusive return journey. Bookings start from 26 June 2013 till 15 July 2013 for the travel period of 5 August 2013 till 31 March 2014.

Beginning 5 August 2013, flight MH162 will depart Kuala Lumpur daily at 11.30pm to arrive at Dubai at 2.20am the next day. The return flight MH163 departs Dubai at 4.10am to arrive at Kuala Lumpur at 3.25pm.

307 seats?

I guess that's better than 'MAS will fly a Boeing 747 to Dubai', although they got the aircraft right in the text.

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/193451/malaysia-airlines-returns-to-dubai/

Perhaps it's the new 777 with 30in seat pitch :rofl:

Or perhaps someone goofed up transferring the press release to article.

Of course, this being MH - left hand never knows what the right hand is doing - the booking engine on MH's own website still does not have DXB. Not like the first re-inaugural is many months away.

Hey Suhaimi - can you ask your colleagues to buck up?