MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia to become first Airbus A320 ‘Sharklets’ operator

Watch out for 9M-AQQ.

Sharklets should save more fuel on the long sectors like KUL-MFM and KUL-HKG.

I think there is a good chance it will go to BKI as it can be used for the BKI-ICN sector too.

I think there is a good chance it will go to BKI as it can be used for the BKI-ICN sector too.

If this happens, it means AK will no longer fly only routes up to 4 hours.

Sharklets should save more fuel on the long sectors like KUL-MFM and KUL-HKG.

However BKI-ICN is not available yet. Based on observation it seems the newer AKs (AQM, AQN, AQO) are rarely routed here.

However BKI-ICN is not available yet. Based on observation it seems the newer AKs (AQM, AQN, AQO) are rarely routed here.

Oops - my typing is leaping ahead of my brain! :p

Yes, perhaps it can be used on BKI-TPE or BKI-HKG routes!

you know, with the new c/s and sharklets, it looks like a baby a330.

at least sekali pandang from my eyes.

edit: whoops my bad. similar perhaps.

the slant on the a330 is from back to front at Door 1.

this one is from front to back.

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

How much does that translates into the extra range it gets?

For AirAsia, range does not matter because all its flights are shorter than 4 hours.

What the sharklets will do for AirAsia is to reduce trip costs as it does not burn so much fuel. That means it carries less fuel each trip (less weight) and that will also translate into more payload (revenue). So it will help the airline make more money!

For AirAsia, range does not matter because all its flights are shorter than 4 hours.

What the sharklets will do for AirAsia is to reduce trip costs as it does not burn so much fuel. That means it carries less fuel each trip (less weight) and that will also translate into more payload (revenue). So it will help the airline make more money!

Okay.. but just out of curiosity.. how much more range does the sharklets provide? anyone care to calculate or point me to any article? :)

Interesting that AK now uses MH's original registration for the first batch of 737-200s, at a time when MH is doing a retro livery. I wonder why MH changed the AQ_ series to MB_ series at that time.

Sign in to follow this