MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Can Helicopters landing at a public area in Kuala Lumpur?

I wonder if a helicopter can just land at any vacant public place in Malaysia ... such as a football field in a residential area. If so, who gives permission. Can residents protest about the noise?

I think that there should be no problem if there is an emergency!

I guess the DCA and local authority will probably need to approve if it is a normal flight.

E.g. if landing in Dataran Merdeka, it will need DBKL's approval in addition to DCA.

I also wonder what the rules are for parachuting into public places... :)

Anyone knows the answer?

Edited by flee

No emergency. I have this interesting case. A guy works with a company during aerial survey. His company chopper lands at a football field near his house to pick him and to return him from work. Cool for him, but what about ppl living around the football field? It's surrounded by houses.

No emergency. I have this interesting case. A guy works with a company during aerial survey. His company chopper lands at a football field near his house to pick him and to return him from work. Cool for him, but what about ppl living around the football field? It's surrounded by houses.

Don't think there is a regulation or bye law to prohibit helicopter landing on public or private land except in restricted area.

They probably can do something about the noise. Same with cars with modified exhaust pipes. No?

Don't think there is a regulation or bye law to prohibit helicopter landing on public or private land except in restricted area.

I think if residents complain, there could be action.

Btw if you listen to Subang Tower on LiveATC, sometimes can hear this chopper talking.

Edited by Naim

A few years ago I did remember reading about a complaint by residents of Sunway about Tan Sri Jeffrey Cheah's helicopter landing in some field in Bandar Sunway every morning and evening. As usual no follow up by the press and wonder if it is still going on.

On the other hand, my brother lives in Lippo Karawaci outside of Jakarta and there are helipads located around the housing estate for the the use of the residents. The developer has 2 helicopters for the residents to hire at anytime.

Edited by Alan B.

I think it is a nuisance to have helicopters routinely land at residential areas for work or leisure purposes . There may be sleeping babies, the aged and the infirmed needing rest, and pets who may be spooked! Unless it is an emergency of course.

Once in a while, okay. But what about 3x a week, in a housing area?

I think it is a nuisance to have helicopters routinely land at residential areas for work or leisure purposes . There may be sleeping babies, the aged and the infirmed needing rest, and pets who may be spooked! Unless it is an emergency of course.

What about helicopter flying below 2000'?

Yes. that's the whole point.

Sign in to follow this