MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

It's LNG at LIMA -- I saw it on FR24 heading north last night. I wonder which plane is used on the KUL/KCH route now.

Outright purchase means you can use it again for your next flights. No need to buy a new one. But what sort of headset costs RM5 or so per set?

Must be el-cheapo one. Bring your own better, with the standard 2.5mm plug. I used my noise-cancelling one which was great.

It's LNG at LIMA -- I saw it on FR24 heading north last night. I wonder which plane is used on the KUL/KCH route

Must be el-cheapo one. Bring your own better, with the standard 2.5mm plug. I used my noise-cancelling one which was great.

Does the normal Samsung earphones fit into the hole? Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

It's LNG at LIMA -- I saw it on FR24 heading north last night. I wonder which plane is used on the KUL/KCH route now.

Does the normal Samsung earphones fit into the jack? 2.5mm?

The 2.5mm plug is the normal small one, for phones, ipods, tablets, mp3 players, etc. The larger 3.5mm is found on amplifiers.

-LNF is doing the KCH run...so which aircraft is doing the BKI run? -LNB? the 738?

I thought they'll be using the 738 for promo run, .....

The 738 has "LION" painted on, not so suitable when doing promo runs for "MALINDO" :)

The 2.5mm plug is the normal small one, for phones, ipods, tablets, mp3 players, etc. The larger 3.5mm is found on amplifiers.

Doc, i think you salah saiz sikit.

3.5 is those standard plugs.

the ones on the amplifiers is 1/4 inch (6.35mm)

Doc, i think you salah saiz sikit.

3.5 is those standard plugs.

the ones on the amplifiers is 1/4 inch (6.35mm)

I think you are right! Thanks. I remember the skinnier one now, that must be the 2.5. :D

... and yes, size DOES matter!

Edited by Naim

Just arrived in KL enroute to Sentral...found out that there is another hole under the armrest...that one takes my Samsung earphones....will upload picture of it later if I can...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

IFE screen on Page 10: Terima kasih telah terbang bersama kami...?

Rais Yatim and Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka won't be pleased...

IFE screen on Page 10: Terima kasih telah terbang bersama kami...?

Rais Yatim and Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka won't be pleased...

Is that Bahasa Indonesia?

Luckily they didn't say Terima Kasih menerbangkan kami :D

Edited by Mike P

Ya believe is bahasa Indonesia.

I was on their inaugural flight to KCH on Saturday.

Nothing special on that flight, only received a reusable water bottle from Boeing as a souvenir.

No water canon salute when arrived in Kuching, only natural water canon salute (was raining in KCH).

Anyway, heard this over the radio this morning, BFM interviewing the CEO of OD, Chandran Rama Muthy.

http://bfm.my/malindo-air-chandran-rama-muthy-2013-03-27.html

I was on their inaugural flight to KCH on Saturday.

Nothing special on that flight, only received a reusable water bottle from Boeing as a souvenir.

No water canon salute when arrived in Kuching, only natural water canon salute (was raining in KCH).

Anyway, heard this over the radio this morning, BFM interviewing the CEO of OD, Chandran Rama Muthy.

http://bfm.my/malindo-air-chandran-rama-muthy-2013-03-27.html

You didn't see me? I was there at the arrival area. Could have taken you for laksa...

You didn't see me? I was there at the arrival area. Could have taken you for laksa...

I think I saw you, saw a bunch of AK staff singing near the arrival area.

Do you happen to remember what song were they singing? Kinda catchy.

No worries, I had Kolo Mee and Laksa for breakfast as well on that day at Chong Choon cafe.

No worries, I had Kolo Mee and Laksa for breakfast as well on that day at Chong Choon cafe.

Keith Ng, are u onboard same plane with me OD1602 too? Yup, saw a group of AK's singing. I thought they welcoming OD's pax to KCH. :D

Yup...I was there...they sang Jimmy Palikat's Anak Kampung...

Could it be arrival of OD unto the scene has so detrimentally affected AK's business load that their staff at KCH now freed up to furnish live entertainment to pax'es of competitor ?!!! :lol:

Keith Ng, are u onboard same plane with me OD1602 too? Yup, saw a group of AK's singing. I thought they welcoming OD's pax to KCH. :D

Hey Ikman, I guess so. Was the last to leave the plane upon arrival at KCH.