MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

I spent 24 minutes on phone most of it on hold this morning trying to book a KCH-KUL-KCH on the evening of Friday 22/3 for Kenneth and myself only to be told that KCH flights don't begin till 23/3, was told only BKI flights operating on 22/3??

Yes. That is true.

Don't know why they can't launch the flights on the same day...

Maybe don't have enough staff available to work on 'launching' ceremonies at both KCH and BKI on same day ? :pardon:

Maybe don't have enough staff available to work on 'launching' ceremonies at both KCH and BKI on same day ? :pardon:

Maybe don't have enough staff for call centre too. Almost 1 hour waiting and hearing this sound.

"harap maaf pegawai kami masih lagi sibuk panggilan anda adalah penting kepada kami sila tunggu anda akan dilayan sebentar lagi"

Really hope their website back to normal as soon as possible or the best way visit their booth at KL MATTA Fair starting by tomorrow.

I just booked for 25/3 KCH-KL and KL-BKI for RM38 and RM68 respectively all up no CC fees inclusive of snacks and baggage.

Should be a different aircraft also.

Wonder if doing a turnaround is feasible...

Not unless there's e-checkin. Will be impossible if you can only do physical check in landside and check-in closes, say, 40mins b4 departure.

But do-able is staying just a few hours.

Or if you can do a return check-in at point of departure. I doubt their systems can support it.

> Any charges for Credit Card?

No charge on CC.

Thanks, sure will, arr. OD1608 on 23/03, dep. OD1621 on 24/03.

Hi Doc, on 23/03 u didn't take a first flight early morning OD1602? Now was thinking either OD1602 or OD1608 would be maiden flight for KUL-KCH.

First flight too early lah, bro, need my sleep! :-)

Hehe, just checked OD1608 that day now sold out and OD1602 now become RM78 per way. Very fast. :)

You're not hard-core enough. The die-hards will easily sacrifice sleep.

:lol:

Priceless are the things you learn in this forum :D

Went scavenging for fares BKI-KUL over the May school holidays

All MH, AK and OD quotes more or less in same quantum

So I guess preference for now would be MH over OD over AK, for still need to add on all the extras unto AK quote

Isn't competition wonderful ? :)

Edited by BC Tam

You're not hard-core enough. The die-hards will easily sacrifice sleep.

Am more like medium-core, really.

So anyone on the inaugurals? I have booked myself on 22/3 OD1001 BKI - KUL and OD1028 KUL - BKI same day just for the fun of it. :p

So anyone on the inaugurals? I have booked myself on 22/3 OD1001 BKI - KUL and OD1028 KUL - BKI same day just for the fun of it. :p

Me too just for fun a day trip on 23/03 via OD1602 KUL-KCH and KCH-KUL OD1629. :D

Me too just for fun a day trip on 23/03 via OD1602 KUL-KCH and KCH-KUL OD1629. :D

So we can have sunset tehtarik at the Riviera with Kenneth!

So we can have sunset tehtarik at the Riviera with Kenneth!

Yup Doc, last time had a laksa sarawak with cikgu kenneth too. Hope can have tehtarik with both of u. :)

What's the B738 -LNB going to do? I've read it's planned to go back to JT but is it going to hang around as an operational spare??

As their timetable clearly only requires 2 B739's -LNF/G?

As their timetable clearly only requires 2 B739's -LNF/G?

I think LNF just arrived today.

Any chance I can take OD1601 KCH-KUL (0900-1040) and then OD1608 KUL-KCH (1125-1310), just for a joy ride?

The next flight would only reach KCH at 1755 but I have another flight departing for SIN at 1925. Should there be any delay and I missed my SIN flight I'll be pretty screwed.

Im on the first flight from KUL to BKI...lunch with friends at warisan square then back to KUL later at 4pm..hope to meet you at the airport

The booking engine might not allow you to do that as there is a disclaimer on their website about minimum connection times.

Ah ya I can't book that :(