MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

....you have wait so long for you bags to arrive at the carousel and it happened to ALL my flights in KLIA 2

Perhaps you have not spent long enough in the duty free shops prior to the baggage collection as per MAB's intention ? :D

basically baggage reclaim is one of the worst experience in KLIA 2 in addition to the long walks....you have wait so long for you bags to arrive at the carousel and it happened to ALL my flights in KLIA 2

In my experience, klia2 is definitely slower in the luggage delivery department. It takes about 15 mins more than at the LCCT.

Please please please give good deals. AK is killing it to HKG and MFM

Nowadays AK to HKG also not that expensive anymore. Used to be quite high averaging Rm100-200 lower than FSC. But now could easily get Rm450-Rm500 to HKG return.

Of course cant compare when they having super sale like Rm250 return.

The cheapest fare that I got with AK to HKG was around RM 170 return. Those were the good old days when zero fares meant something.

Would be nice if Malindo can do launch promos at RM 199 :)

Nowadays AK to HKG also not that expensive anymore. Used to be quite high averaging Rm100-200 lower than FSC. But now could easily get Rm450-Rm500 to HKG return.

Of course cant compare when they having super sale like Rm250 return.

The cheapest fare that I got with AK to HKG was around RM 170 return. Those were the good old days when zero fares meant something.

Would be nice if Malindo can do launch promos at RM 199 :)

I have never managed to get any decent deals to HKG ex KUL. Went twice already, the first time I scored a promo fare from SIN on Scoot. SGD123 return. This was when RM was in a better position. The second time was via BKK on EK's dugong. They have very competitive fares if you don't mind arriving into BKK at midnight on the return flight

AK 134
KUL HKG
0845, 04 Jan 20161240, 04 Jan 2016
Fare, taxes and fees
Adult(s) 1 × 199.00 MYR
Fares 162.08 MYR
Airport Tax 32.00 MYR
klia2 fees 3.00 MYR
GST 1.92 MYR
199.00 MYR
RETURN
AK 135
HKG KUL
1315, 10 Jan 20161710, 10 Jan 2016
Fare, taxes and fees
Adult(s) 1 × 235.08 MYR
Fares 162.08 MYR
Airport Tax 73.00 MYR
235.08 MYR
TOTAL MYR

Just checked the AK fares out of curiosity and got this. Should be about RM 500+ by the time you add the other items like luggage, seat selection, and payment fees.

Edited by flee

I booked way in advance for SIN PEN on Malindo and they cancelled the sector.

Join the club. The call center agents had a very take-it-or-leave-it attitude when looking for alternatives. They wanted me to take SIN-KUL//SZB-PEN, and pay for my own taxi fare, so I told them to shove it and took my money back.

first international route cancellation by OD?

Malindo Air from mid-February 2016 is closing operations on Kuala Lumpur – Visakhapatnam route, currently served 3 times a week with Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

The airline plans to operate last flight on 13FEB16, as reservations on/after 16FEB16 is no longer available

Existing schedule as follow.

OD251 KUL2145 – 2250VTZ 738 246
OD250 VTZ2335 – 0550+1KUL 738 246

http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/24/od-vtz-feb16/

first international route cancellation by OD?

Malindo Air from mid-February 2016 is closing operations on Kuala Lumpur – Visakhapatnam route, currently served 3 times a week with Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

The airline plans to operate last flight on 13FEB16, as reservations on/after 16FEB16 is no longer available

Existing schedule as follow.

OD251 KUL2145 – 2250VTZ 738 246

OD250 VTZ2335 – 0550+1KUL 738 246

http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/24/od-vtz-feb16/

Woah, the route is now cancelled as fast as it was launched....I guess the load to India has not actually recovered. Glad AirAsia X is out of the market for now.

There might be problems getting HKT slots. They might also be trying routes that are not operated by others - less competition. But secondary routes also mean fewer pax...

I think the Sarawak Tourism Board and State govt. has to do more to promote the state as a tourist destination. Infrastructure is not good and attractions are not well maintained.

There was a time when there were quite a few international routes out of KCH but these were suspended due to poor loads.

Edited by flee

I think the Sarawak Tourism Board and State govt. has to do more to promote the state as a tourist destination. Infrastructure is not good and attractions are not well maintained.

There was a time when there were quite a few international routes out of KCH but these were suspended due to poor loads.

Calling for Adenan to fire all the STB people and hire a new one! haha... but does anyone notice KCH's custom officers being very strict? They checked all international connecting flights bags thoroughly, unlike KUL.