MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

As in free one meal but no unlimited beverages?

Which class? In Eco the free meal is only 2 pieces of biscuits and 1 cup of water! Eco Promo also do not get Malindo Miles

I had a similar issue when I went to Bangkok in that there was no option to book meals. On the flight people had clearly booked food but I'm still at loss as to why the site didn't give an option.

According to rumour from Male, OD was talking to MLE airport on starting KUL-MLE.

MLE is currently resurfacing the runway, airport is closed from midnight to 6am until end of November.

Normally flights to Indian subcontinent, economy class pax are served with meal and light refreshment. Those flight are well over 3 hours

Agree. When they say themselves as "Not Just Low Cost", giving a biscuit only for a flight more than an hour is a joke.

Biscuit works for Singapore flight, but to East Malaysia or Indian subcontient?? A sandwich is already considered very frugal at minimum for OD......

Good Lord if only biscuit is served PER flight!!

A Malindo Air passenger has brought new meaning to the oft-said adage, 'Man on Fire'.

Yesterday, while enroute to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2) from Kota Kinabalu, the man was watching a video on the display screen in his Boeing 737-800 aircraft seat.

At that juncture, an electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) battery inside a bag which was placed on the passenger's lap suddenly burst into flames.

In the 6.45pm incident which occurred after the aircraft had just taken off from Kota Kinabalu, Malindo Air passengers and flight crew faced anxious moments as the man sustained burns on the thighs and left hand.

Sepang police chief, ACP Abdul Aziz Ali said the fire occurred while the passenger was watching a video on the display screen in his seat.

"In the midst of watching the video, the vape battery in a bag lying on the man's lap suddenly caught fire.

"He was treated immediately by another passenger who happened to be a doctor.

"The crew meanwhile, managed to quickly bring the fire under control and the plane landed safely at the klia2 at 8.44pm," he said when contacted today.

Abdul Aziz said the injured man lodged a police report shortly afterwards.

However, Malindo Air did not lodge any complaint over the incident. – Bernama, October 25, 2015.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/vape-battery-bursts-into-flames-in-malindo-air-flight#sthash.ceOwzgxC.dpuf

A Malindo Air passenger has brought new meaning to the oft-said adage, 'Man on Fire'.

Yesterday, while enroute to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2) from Kota Kinabalu, the man was watching a video on the display screen in his Boeing 737-800 aircraft seat.

At that juncture, an electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) battery inside a bag which was placed on the passenger's lap suddenly burst into flames.

In the 6.45pm incident which occurred after the aircraft had just taken off from Kota Kinabalu, Malindo Air passengers and flight crew faced anxious moments as the man sustained burns on the thighs and left hand.

Sepang police chief, ACP Abdul Aziz Ali said the fire occurred while the passenger was watching a video on the display screen in his seat.

"In the midst of watching the video, the vape battery in a bag lying on the man's lap suddenly caught fire.

"The crew meanwhile, managed to quickly bring the fire under control and the plane landed safely at the klia2 at 8.44pm," he said when contacted today.

However, Malindo Air did not lodge any complaint over the incident. Bernama, October 25, 2015.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/vape-battery-bursts-into-flames-in-malindo-air-flight#sthash.ceOwzgxC.dpuf

If this faulty battery was placed in overhead compartment or cargo hold, discovery of fire could be delayed with a more serious consequences. With increasing popularity in electronic cigarette, it is a matter of time, similar incident will reoccurs with a more serious outcome. Edited by KK Lee

This is why I firmly believe there should be rigorous regulation for e-cigarettes. Any fool (and there are many) can make a heating device that is battery powered.

A company like Philip Morris (go google them) - have spent (so far) something like 10.5 billion US dollars to test until exhaustion new generation smoking devices. Granted, a lot of it was for clinical trials but a significant chunk of it was for the delivery device also. The goal is to develop products that the US surgeon general , WHO and medical authorities around the world can say WITH SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE is actually proven beyond doubt safer for you than conventional cigarettes.

The fella selling from a small kiosk in mid valley claiming that it is safer actually can't claim that. To put it in perspective - one of those clinical trials alone - is in the order of 10 million USD. And you need many many trials. Not a game for small boys.

So now you have some body who makes an e-vaping device that isn't very well engineered. What next ?

However, Malindo Air did not lodge any complaint over the incident. – Bernama, October 25, 2015.

So the crew just continued on to KUL after the fire? How small is this fire that a return to BKI is unjustified? If it was up to me I'd turn back and offload the pax with his paraphernalia..

Lithium battery fire is a really unpredictable animal once it starts.

Lithium battery fire is a really unpredictable animal once it starts.

The real scary part being those Li batteries are not restricted to e-ciggies alone, quite the contrary

Just imagine all the gadgets we nowadays handle on daily basis with just such a battery providing the necessary juice

Including my mobile phone, which I carry in my trouser pocket, which is in such close proximity ....... well, let us just hope the phone is as 'smart' as it was touted to be :lol:

this incident again highlight how unstable the lithium cells are. probably the industry should develop more stable batteries, who knows s#1t happens one day (say like you put the lithium cell on board in the overhead bin and it catching fire and burning other stuffs inside), though in the end nothing serious happens but it's enough to scare the hell out of you.

this incident again highlight how unstable the lithium cells are. probably the industry should develop more stable batteries, who knows s#1t happens one day (say like you put the lithium cell on board in the overhead bin and it catching fire and burning other stuffs inside), though in the end nothing serious happens but it's enough to scare the hell out of you.

Once of the reasons why some airlines are no longer carrying much alcohol for on board sales nowadays.....

Once of the reasons why some airlines are no longer carrying much alcohol for on board sales nowadays.....

Alcohol in bottle is not a fire risk else they would have ban alcohol sales in duty free. More like airlines looking for reason to cut cost.

Alcohol in bottle is not a fire risk else they would have ban alcohol sales in duty free. More like airlines looking for reason to cut cost.

similiar thing goes to non smoking flights, i remember i read an article stating one of the reason of non smoking flight is due to cost, apart from healthy, safety reason. cost involve that when you need to clean up the air vents on the aircraft as cigarette have tar that condensate.

similiar thing goes to non smoking flights, i remember i read an article stating one of the reason of non smoking flight is due to cost, apart from healthy, safety reason. cost involve that when you need to clean up the air vents on the aircraft as cigarette have tar that condensate.

Yes, cleaning cost was high hence they ban smoking in flight.

most likely yea.... 738 should eb a more suitable aircraft unless you plan for longer flight route like to Perth then you get yourself a 739, if flying KUL BKI sector, 738 would be sufficient (if talk about narrow body ops)

They seem to be more interested in expanding their subcontinent network than SE Asia.

On a recent SIN-KUL flight, 80% of the passengers had onward flights to the subcontinent. My only complaint is that the remaining 20% of us had to wait one whole hour at the carousel while they sorted out the bags as they were "takut some of the bags dah pergi pesawat Bombay".

I kid you not, those were the exact words of the sole ground agent present at the baggage reclaim hall.

They seem to be more interested in expanding their subcontinent network than SE Asia.

On a recent SIN-KUL flight, 80% of the passengers had onward flights to the subcontinent. My only complaint is that the remaining 20% of us had to wait one whole hour at the carousel while they sorted out the bags as they were "takut some of the bags dah pergi pesawat Bombay".

I kid you not, those were the exact words of the sole ground agent present at the baggage reclaim hall.

*smack head* means it happens quite often ...Lolx.

basically baggage reclaim is one of the worst experience in KLIA 2 in addition to the long walks....you have wait so long for you bags to arrive at the carousel and it happened to ALL my flights in KLIA 2