MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Malindo Air adds fourth KL-Singapore flight as it expands to key destinations

KUALA LUMPUR: Malindo Air will expand its flights to key destinations, including a fourth daily flight between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore in February next year.
In a statement here, Malindo Air chief executive Chandran Rama Muthy said the fourth daily flight on the KL-Singapore route will start together with the carrier’s daily routes to Kathmandu in Nepal from Feb 6.
“Since launching thrice daily flights to Singapore early last month, our services have received encouraging response from the public,” said Chandran.
The new flight will depart KLIA2 at 3.05pm and expected to arrive in Singapore at 4.05pm.
The return flight will leave the republic at 4.50pm and arrive at KLIA2 at 5.50pm daily.
Malindo Air’s current Singapore-bound Malindo flights now depart from KLIA2 at 8am, 11.45am and 5.55pm.
KL-bound flights leave Singapore daily at 10am, 1.40pm and 7.55pm.

Anyone tried taking OD205 to Delhi? Flights to India does not seem to get a good review from Google search.

Took OD205 KUL/DEL. I have only praises for the flight. It was a good flight arriving DEL +/-2130 local time. Good time to arrive as the big flights have either touched down way before or yet to arrive. OD was the only flight arrive DEL at that time; needless to say, there was no one at the immigration. Beside, DEL is well laid out and good airport, unlike BOM. Overall, I would rate the flight an 8 our of 10. In addition, the 739 is a pleasant aircraft with good IFE in its own category. The IFC was also impressive for Biz Class. Note: I got Biz Class seat for only RM950 one way. I would take OD205/206 for my future trips to DEL definitely. Both sector is 90% full. Biz Class pax are according ITC Lounge at DEL; the same lounge used by QR.

Edited by DavidC

Was on B737-900 ER OD801 to Singapore on Christmas Day . I have only praises for this airline. We were seated together at Row 7 without even being ask at check in with no extra cost. Some other LCC sells Row 7 as hotseat. Even though it was only an hour flight, being served with drinking water and some rather delicious pineapple biscuits was certainly a bonus. Touch screen IFE works well and with USB, just bring your own headphone, seats comfortable with good leg room. Returned on B737-800 OD804, a rather new plane and I rate the IFE screen better than the B737-900 ER. Flight departed late due to late arrival from KL, and the captain apologise and keep us informed as the flight progresses, another good selling point. I will definitely use Malindo for my monthly KL-SIN-KL runs.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but apparently OD has launched a few new routes, among them IPH-KBR vv.

Only time will tell if this route will work. Hope it does!

They are flying 7x daily to BKI...starting in FEB according to their FB...

Cikgu the thing is you cannot see that in their booking engine, NO 7x daily is shown

Any progress on the rumoured BKI hub?

Waiting too...Wander when they will place some ATR's or even B737 in East Malaysia....

Nobody wants to go to KCH.

Unfortunately, KCH is a poor business case. So many airlines have operated there in the past but the business was not sustainable. For KCH to get more air services, the local population must support them by flying on them more often. The state of Sarawak should also do more to attract tourists. Tourism infrastructure is quite poor.

I really doubt about their new 6 or 7x daily frequencies on BKI routes with current 737 fleet they had now. One delay, second will delay in power of two, and so on..

Edited by Wan

Kuching is a gone case since long ago. Too close to Singapore to make a dent, tourism infrastructures are in shambles, there isn't a single highway in Sarawak! The current road are loaded with potholes etc...the list go on and on.......Sad to my own home country.

The only viable option now is to develop Miri now to fly destinations that Sarawakians and Brunei-ans like to fly a lot 9and Royal Brunei has not enough flight/ capacity). Bruneians are flying a lot nowadays, but the RB tickets are expensive and low flight frequencies. They can try a Miri hub to fly to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Taipei. Feed flight from rest Borneo. However this will require a lot of work though. How they are gonna package the whole sales and promotion will either fly or tank the company.

I wonder when Malindo will fly to Brunei? hehehe. Their cabin crew so beautiful. :D

KK is the favorite destination for Bruneians due to lots of branded choice compared to Miri.

The only viable option now is to develop Miri now to fly destinations that Sarawakians and Brunei-ans like to fly a lot 9and Royal Brunei has not enough flight/ capacity). Bruneians are flying a lot nowadays, but the RB tickets are expensive and low flight frequencies. They can try a Miri hub to fly to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Taipei. Feed flight from rest Borneo. However this will require a lot of work though. How they are gonna package the whole sales and promotion will either fly or tank the company.

MYY has been doing that for a while now. You can see so many Brunei cars parked overnight at MYY especially on weekends.

Malindo Air diberi tiga bulan untuk baiki operasi penerbangan - Menteri Pengangkutan
http://www.astroawani.com/berita-malaysia/malindo-air-diberi-tiga-bulan-untuk-baiki-operasi-penerbangan-menteri-pengangkutan-56241

Sorry, only found BM version so far

My feeble attempt at translation

"Malindo Air Given Three Months to Improve(Rectify?) Flight Operations" - Transport Minister

Edited by BC Tam

i wonder where is the Kuantan-JB route on Malindo..last time i saw their website promoting this route but now when i choose the route it says flight not available..anybody here knows why?