MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Malindo fly to Penang & Pekan Baru from MKZ starting 5 Nov

Interesting so the aircraft will be doing SZB - PEN - MKZ - PKU sector

Edited by Zamir

Anybody managed to get hands on Malindoair's iOS app? It's touted on their website but i cant search for it on appstore?

One more thing anyone had any experience travelling on Malindo air with infant? How was it? Thanks...

Anybody managed to get hands on Malindoair's iOS app? It's touted on their website but i cant search for it on appstore?

One more thing anyone had any experience travelling on Malindo air with infant? How was it? Thanks...

it is available to android only

Malindo Air from 05NOV14 opens new routes from Melaka in Malaysia, where it’ll offer 3 weekly flights each to Pekanbaru and Penang. ATR72 aircraft to operate both routes.

Melaka – Pekanbaru
OD310 MKZ1145 – 1150PKU AT7 135
OD311 PKU1220 – 1425MKZ AT7 135

Melaka – Penang
OD1331 MKZ1445 – 1605PEN AT7 135
OD1330 PEN1005 – 1125MKZ AT7 135

http://airlineroute.net/2014/10/10/od-mkz-w14/

Malindo Air from 05NOV14 opens new routes from Melaka in Malaysia, where it’ll offer 3 weekly flights each to Pekanbaru and Penang. ATR72 aircraft to operate both routes.

Melaka – Pekanbaru

OD310 MKZ1145 – 1150PKU AT7 135

OD311 PKU1220 – 1425MKZ AT7 135

Melaka – Penang

OD1331 MKZ1445 – 1605PEN AT7 135

OD1330 PEN1005 – 1125MKZ AT7 135

http://airlineroute.net/2014/10/10/od-mkz-w14/

just check their website. PEN & PKU from Mkz actually 13457

Lion’s Malindo Air to compete vs AirAsia, Jetstar & Tigerair on world’s top international LCC route

Lion Group Malaysian affiliate Malindo Air is planning to launch services on 3-Nov-2014 to Singapore, which will become the hybrid carrier’s 10th international destination from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Malindo will be the fourth LCC on the KLIA-Singapore route, which will become the largest international LCC route in the world based on seat capacity.

Lion will join Asia’s other three main LCC groups – AirAsia, Jetstar and Tigerair – in competing in the busy Singapore-Kuala Lumpur market. While Malindo may find the local market challenging, particularly from a Singapore point of sales perspective given its unfamiliar brand, the carrier will also offer connections passengers beyond Kuala Lumpur with a focus on South Asia.
Kuala Lumpur-Singapore will be Malindo’s first destination with 162-seat 737-800s. Malindo is taking two 737-800s in 4Q2014, supplementing its existing jet fleet of six 180-seat 737-900ERs. The 737-800s will also be used to launch service to Bandung in Indonesia and to add a second daily flight to Bangkok.
Malindo blocked from expanding its ATR operation to Singapore:

Kerteh which become Firefly monopoly route is going to be OD next new route as KTE is seen on their booking engine from SZB. I hope they will put perfect timing in the schedule as this route is mainly for business travellers, Petronas staffs and minorly neighbouring residents.

web.jpg

Malaysia’s Malindo Air further expands domestic and Indonesia networks, pressuring Firefly & AirAsia

Malaysian hybrid carrier Malindo Air is doubling its Indonesian network during 4Q2014 with three new routes that leverage its relationship with 49% shareholder Lion Group. Malindo recently launched services to Medan - its fourth destination in Indonesia after Jakarta, Bali and Batam - and will add Pekanbaru in Nov-2014 followed by Bandung in Dec-2014.

Malindo is also expanding its domestic network and will soon serve more airports in peninsular or west Malaysia, 12, than any other carrier. Malindo recently added Ipoh as its 10th destination in peninsular Malaysia and will launch services at Malacca and Kerteh in Nov-2014.
Kerteh will become Malindo’s ninth domestic route from its fast growing turboprop base at Kuala Lumpur Subang. In comparison Malaysia Airlines (MAS) regional subsidiary Firefly currently operates seven domestic routes from Subang although it has a bigger international network and is still the leading airline overall at Subang.
This is the second in a series of analysis reports on Malindo’s ambitious plans for further fleet and network expansion in 4Q2014. The first report examined the upcoming launch of services from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to Singapore Changi Airport. Singapore will become Malindo’s 13th international destination on 3-Nov-2014 and initially be served with three daily 737-800 flights.
Malindo expansion includes KLIA-Singapore and new point to point routes

Was on the inaugural Malindo 10am flight from SIN-KUL, and the load was very very low with only 17 passengers. The plane arrived from KUL and was told by the gate agent that there were about from KUL. Surprisingly Malindo did not have any fanfare or officials to launched its first flight and no special event to highlight this and it was just like any other normal flight. Think Malindo have missed out on a very good publicity campaign on this new service to SIN. This is very unlike any other s and especially can be seen how Air Asia will make use of every new destination launch by having its CEO and senior Management to be present at the new airport destination and have media present.

I believe they have an inaugural flight planned in the next few days/weeks. Even AK does not hype their first flight of late. Their inaugural is usually on the second or third flight onwards. KUL-SIN-KUL seems very saturated now so many carriers flying that route.

I believe they have an inaugural flight planned in the next few days/weeks. Even AK does not hype their first flight of late. Their inaugural is usually on the second or third flight onwards. KUL-SIN-KUL seems very saturated now so many carriers flying that route.

If KUL-SIN sector yield and load is poor, OD won't be joining in.

Malindo must advertise more aggressively in SIN print media or in the internet as many are still very unaware of it. Frankly I will fly with OD more as the first impression was how much legroom there is in economy and even better than MH 738s for sure and of course way better than AK or 3K. Plus their fare now is the most competitive and even cost less if one takes into account that you get 15kg free check-in baggage too - plus they do give a cup of coffee which is most welcoming in the morning. Just hope that they can maintain this route.

Was on the inaugural Malindo 10am flight from SIN-KUL, and the load was very very low with only 17 passengers. The plane arrived from KUL and was told by the gate agent that there were about from KUL. Surprisingly Malindo did not have any fanfare or officials to launched its first flight and no special event to highlight this and it was just like any other normal flight. Think Malindo have missed out on a very good publicity campaign on this new service to SIN. This is very unlike any other s and especially can be seen how Air Asia will make use of every new destination launch by having its CEO and senior Management to be present at the new airport destination and have media present.

The CEO was at MKZ today for the inaugural PEN-MKZ with press conference. Guess the load was too low to host an event haha..

Wow - only 17 pax on the inaugural flight, so you guys must be treated like VIPs :clapping:I have a booking to Sin in Dec, will Malindo cancel or cut down their flights due to poor load? Got to wait and see, as of today as per flightradar24.com, equipment have been changed to 737-800. Was your flight on 737-900 (ER). Malindo.

KUL - SIN 'over served' - I don't think so, the demand should still be good. Imagine for such a short route there are 7 carriers serving. It all go down to pricing. Firefly pricing is high but enjoying good load due to the convenient of flying from Subang. If marketed right, I believe Malindo should be able to do well as it has the 'selling point' of inclusive of 15kg luggage's FOC. Jetstar is also doing reasonably well as it serves as a walk thru to other Jetstar destinations departing from Singapore. NTUC card holders get FOC luggage and priority boarding on Tiger so they load are pretty good as well.

Yes the 1st flight was operated by the 739ER - but it was then supposed to be using the brand new 738. On the KUL-SIN, AK have dropped its daily flights from 13 flights a few months ago to 10 daily now. Tiger's frequency is only 3 times daily which is the same as for Malindo's but Malindo's timings are much better.

The CEO was at MKZ today for the inaugural PEN-MKZ with press conference. Guess the load was too low to host an event haha..

Yup, the CEO and OD's team busy with PEN-MKZ inaugural ceremony because in the same day another inaugural flight for new route MKZ-PKU was launched. Good news as announced by OD, Kota Bharu (KBR) will be 3rd new route from MKZ effective 22nd Nov 2014.

MKZ-PEN

MKZ-PKU

MKZ-KBR

and now they are looking for Sales Manager to be based at SIN. kind of slow, indeed.

Project management is never a strong point in Malaysian companies or companies with Malaysian senior managers.

Im about to board OD 806 as part of my weekly KUL-SIN commute. I'm hoping that that are a success because the fares during peak days/times are getting too high.

No queue at checkin and the staff were professional and pleasant unlike my last experience back in February at KLIA I was pretty much the last one and economy look quite full and only 2 or 3 in business. The flight was more or less onetime with bad weather, a long taxi followed by a taxi off queue meant it was slightly late on arrival. Having a few extra inches or leg room mad it much more comfortable and I'm hoping that they remain competative because AK, TR, 3K, MI & MAS are getting too expensive on a Friday evening.

Great to know. Is there are personal Tv like the other malindo 737-900ER aircraft? Or the 738 is different. Will be trying out the KUL - SIN in Dec