MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Perak Considering Malindo Air's Request To Operate From Ipoh

IPOH, Aug 13 (Bernama) -- Perak is looking into hybrid airline Malindo Air's request to use the Sultan Azlan Shah Airport here as a hub to several new domestic and international destinations.

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir said Malindo Air presented the proposal at a meeting at noon Wednesday, but had yet to put in a formal application.

He said both Perak and Malindo Air were positive over the proposal to introduce not only domestic flights, but also international flights, including to Indonesia and Singapore, from Ipoh.

"The state government expects positive developments following the discussion and the terms and conditions will be finalised at the official level," he told reporters after presenting appointment letters to chairmen of village development and security committees, and village heads here Wednesday.

"Although they (Malindo Air) assured us that they can start immediately, we gave them a couple of months to prepare.

"We need to discuss further on the terms and conditions. They can get some assistance from the state - not be in the form of equity but similar treatment given to Firefly," he said, adding that Malindo Air plans to use the ATR72-600 or bigger planes for the flights.

Meanwhile, Zambry said the state government were in discussions with aviation industry players over the development of the airport as a tourist gateway to Perak and other states.

I really hope they start SZB-SIN. The FY monopoly has led to ridiculous prices. Even the "promo" fares are expensive.

No more slots for turboprops at SIN. That is why FY is charging so much - they also can't get more slots.

No more slots for turboprops at SIN. That is why FY is charging so much - they also can't get more slots.

They are welcome (and CAG is supposedly persuading them) to use Seletar Airport in Singapore instead of Changi... but they rejected it and only want Changi..

I won't wanna fly into Seletar.

If I remember correctly, Seletar is for GA only - that was why they moved Berjaya Air to Changi.

If I remember correctly, Seletar is for GA only - that was why they moved Berjaya Air to Changi.

Not true. Seletar is open to commercial and scheduled traffic as well - if the airline wants to use it. Berjaya moved because they built the "budget terminal" at Changi promising the same low fees etc... but which they subsequently demolished in 2013 and forced all the LCC to move to the main terminals...

New in the drop down screen, Bandung and Singapore...nothing inside the booking engine returned a result of flights and fares options yet...

KBR from KLIA2 is now opened, effective winter scedules 2014 (end of Oct)...

IMG_261301605293670.jpg

They are calling for BKI based staff right now!

I really hope they do placed one or two ATR's in East Malaysia soooon....

Malindo Air introducing 3x weekly flight on Subang-Ipoh route effectively on/from 3 Oct 2014 on board ATR72-600. I guess KNO is the next unannounced destination as it's seen in booking engine.

Malindo Air introducing 3x weekly flight on Subang-Ipoh route effectively on/from 3 Oct 2014 on board ATR72-600. I guess KNO is the next unannounced destination as it's seen in booking engine.

Booked a flight on next saturday.... :acute:

But the schedule for every flight is different, and hope it can sustain for a longer time..

Good to see OD operating on "the-much-needed-flight-connections" destinations like IPH and KUA. These are routes which may survive and have a small market yet not served well by MH or AK. If only FY and OD(ATRs) are allowed to operate into KUL, we will have a fantastic aviation scene and we could see more local destinations being connected to KUL. Good luck OD

Good to see OD operating on "the-much-needed-flight-connections" destinations like IPH and KUA. These are routes which may survive and have a small market yet not served well by MH or AK. If only FY and OD(ATRs) are allowed to operate into KUL, we will have a fantastic aviation scene and we could see more local destinations being connected to KUL. Good luck OD

If they operate IPH-KUL it wouldn't really make sense for KLites to fly. Ipoh is a 2+ hour drive, but it takes about an hour to get to KLIA. I can't imagine the connecting traffic being substantial enough to justify KUL over SZB.

The time taken to drive from almost anywhere in kl to ipoh is about the same Or shorter than by flight (include journey to szb, checking,etc). With 3x weekly flight, wondering who are their targeted customers. It seem they have lost direction.

From 20th Dec KUL-DMK 2x daily from 1x daily.

From 3rd Nov KUL-SIN 3 times daily!

And they have reduced Penang to Kota Bharu from daily to 4/7.

With this new flights to DMK and SIN, all 8 B739 in KUL are fully planed. I will make an Rotation plan during the next days

Edited by HLX4U

Being on so many airlines but not on Malindo yet! For family travel do they assign seats together or 'dump' you all over the plane like AA does.

Dont made a seat Reservation when you book AA?

Edited by HLX4U

Dont made a seat Reservation when you book AA?

AA charges money for seat assignments unless you're Oneworld sapphire or Emerald. Not everyone wants to pay.

I know...but when you book a journey with children...then i think you can pay a few ringgit more. When nearly all other passengers do so...then you can not be angry when youre not sitting together as a family.

AA as in Air Asia or American Airlines?

For the record the IATA(?) code for Air Asia Malaysia is AK.

AA doesn't charge money for seat assignments, on the 'preferred or hot seats'... I picked some seats (preferred) when I booked my cheap flight to MIA from LHR and they didn't charge me anything! Haha..was lucky there. It was the two seats by the window at the back section of the 77W. Normally would have to pay USD65 per seat for those.

I think he meant Air Asia rather than American btw..

AA doesn't charge money for seat assignments, on the 'preferred or hot seats'... I picked some seats (preferred) when I booked my cheap flight to MIA from LHR and they didn't charge me anything! Haha..was lucky there. It was the two seats by the window at the back section of the 77W. Normally would have to pay USD65 per seat for those.

I think he meant Air Asia rather than American btw..

They do lah. MCE (Main Cabin Extra, or the hot seats as you call them :p) are chargeable. The non MCE ones are free though. MCE is also free to Oneworld elites :)

I think you got lucky with that 77W ride :)

3x daily onboard B737-900ER

64fi1g.jpg

What's the timing of the flights ah? - please please please be a late late departure ex SIN (like 0005 am) - so i can have dinner with my sisters then come home......

What's the timing of the flights ah? - please please please be a late late departure ex SIN (like 0005 am) - so i can have dinner with my sisters then come home......

0800 1145 1755 ex KUL

1000 1340 1955 ex SIN