MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Just had a look at their Facebook page and almost every post is a complaint about flight cancellations.

Reminds us when AirAsia in its infant year after bought over by TF. Those old B733.....second hand, third hand...forth hand???

OD uses brand new aircraft so most likely those cancellations are not technical in nature.

Overheard one OD flight reporting 88 POB today.

OD uses brand new aircraft so most likely those cancellations are not technical in nature.

took 2 flights with OD

1. JHB - KUL, Sunday 12.10, there were less than 30 pax onboard, afternoon departure

2. KUL - PEN, Monday 13.10, around 50 pax onboard, late afternoon departure

so......the load aren't healthy on both flights...

Their flights to/from Penang is the most confusing one. 2 different set of plane to 2 different airports. If you are not careful when choosing the flight, you will end up in KLIA instead of SZB.

Oh my....88 pax! That's bad man. Hahas! I weren't talking about the technical part, rather the flight cancellation and delay part which was a norm with AirAsia when they first started of as LCC.. I can still recall AK used to give out RM200 as credit shell if your flight is delay more than two hours from original departure time. I got it a few times. Now they dun do that anymore with so many A320 working around the clock. :(

Not sure if this has been covered: Malindo is going to do KUL-SIN, beginning January 28, 2014.

Malindo is going to do KUL-SIN, beginning January 28, 2014.

I was hoping they'll do SZB-SIN and break FY's monopoly on the route. FY is too expensive.

I was hoping they'll do SZB-SIN and break FY's monopoly on the route. FY is too expensive.

I was hoping for so too. FY fares is crazily expensive!!

Has been asking myself, why FY doesn't operate out of KUL (using turboprop)?

I think it is MAHB's plan to keep all turboprop out of KLIA, and KLIA2 and concentrate all turboprop at SZB. This also helps to ease congestion at KLIA and KLIA2.

I was hoping for so too. FY fares is crazily expensive!!

I think it is MAHB's plan to keep all turboprop out of KLIA, and KLIA2 and concentrate all turboprop at SZB. This also helps to ease congestion at KLIA and KLIA2.

I just think smaller and cheaper turboprop will feed MH much better from secondary airports at KUL.

But definitely FY is a community airlines, serving local traffic rather than feeding MH's long hauls.

I just think smaller and cheaper turboprop will feed MH much better from secondary airports at KUL.

But definitely FY is a community airlines, serving local traffic rather than feeding MH's long hauls.

Agree with you. MAHB needs airlines to utilise the Subang Airport as well, if not it will be heavily underused if only MAS Engineering, AIROD and some other MRO companies are using it.

Why can't they focus all the Klang Valley operations to KUL including the MRO and such? I understand the need to have a second airport in the Klang Valley area due to the distance between KL City and KUL. Won't that strengthen the KUL hub for pax as well as cargo and MRO? Just a thought. :sorry:

interestingly, OD offers 10% discounts for frequent flyers. Booked myself on 3 separate itineraries, flew 2 and received emailed earlier today, about 10% discounts on the next booking.

Nice gesture methinks

interestingly, OD offers 10% discounts for frequent flyers. Booked myself on 3 separate itineraries, flew 2 and received emailed earlier today, about 10% discounts on the next booking.

Nice gesture methinks

Hmm. I think they should start FFP instead of this.. so that more people would fly with them..

Nice gesture methinks

Woke up this morning to 11 mails from them, all offering me the 10% discount!

Woke up this morning to 11 mails from them, all offering me the 10% discount!

Yup, me too. Received 9 mails from them offering same discount. They give unique promo code for next booking. :D

OD_zps18fa5297.jpg

Talked to a friend that just came back Australia from Malaysia. He is a Sarawakian. Asked him if he had tried out Malindo. He said his father in Sarawak advised him not to take Malindo even though the fare was cheaper as Malindo is owned by "Indonesian Lion" and it is not safe. Their 1st and only choice is always AK

Talked to a friend that just came back Australia from Malaysia. He is a Sarawakian. Asked him if he had tried out Malindo. He said his father in Sarawak advised him not to take Malindo even though the fare was cheaper as Malindo is owned by "Indonesian Lion" and it is not safe. Their 1st and only choice is always AK

Gosh, ak succeeded in the branding here. As to me, airasia is always not my no. 1 choice , and only take if there are no other choice...sigh