MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

I heard Malindo has started their KUL-TWU flights for months and I still can't book them online.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Cheers

The way this is going, I think they will only keep KCH and BKI for OD jets. For Peninsular, only the props. The rest of the jets will go international.

Or maybe something even more sinister in the books? Scrap domestic ops and go full international. The rumour that OD is just the piggyback JT needs to expand outside might be true after all

The way this is going, I think they will only keep KCH and BKI for OD jets. For Peninsular, only the props. The rest of the jets will go international.

Or maybe something even more sinister in the books? Scrap domestic ops and go full international. The rumour that OD is just the piggyback JT needs to expand outside might be true after all

But how to explain the bi-airport operation for PEN & LGK? I dont really understand their tactics of targeting so many markets with so limited equipments...That rumour remained to be proved...let's see how their network would be at the end of the day when the fleets really going strong and big enough in years to come.

But how to explain the bi-airport operation for PEN & LGK? I dont really understand their tactics of targeting so many markets with so limited equipments...That rumour remained to be proved...let's see how their network would be at the end of the day when the fleets really going strong and big enough in years to come.

At this current moment seems like equipment availability is not a problem, load is.

They should have just focused on developing KUL-BKI and KUL-KCH from the beginning before venturing into other cities/towns in Sabah and Sarawak...

CGK & DPS is the next; think open for reservations soon; already in the drop down selection

Proposed launch date for CGK and DPS: 23SEP13, 26SEP13.

So basically East Msia op will be downsized to just KCH,BKI, SBW soon.

Even SBW is not safe methinks. It is AK territory with 5 daily. There were cancellations by OD there before this too which I suspect were due to low load

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

OD is now flying between BKI and KUL thrice daily again. And starting on 23rd September 2013, one more flight will be added, making their BKI operation with 4 flights a day.

OD open new routes from KLIA to Johor Bahru and Johor Bahru to Kota Kinabalu. Operating from 10th October 2013

KUL- JHB OD 1203 0745 - 0825

JHB - KUL OD 1204 1505 - 1545

JHB - BKI OD 1032 0905 - 1125

BKI - JHB OD 1031 1205 - 1425

Added Frequency

KUL-PEN OD 2104 1740 - 1840

PEN-KUL OD 2103 1920- 2020

KUL - LGK OD 2204 1655 - 1800

LGK - KUL OD 2203 1840 - 1945

I've flown SZB-JHB-SZB a few times now on Malindo. The most recent flights were almost full both ways.

Flights were on time, comfortable seats, nice and friendly crew with light snacks and drinks. All in all, good value for money.

I'd continue flying them over the more expensive Fireflyz

I booked myself on OD flight recently, PEN - KUL, evening flight departing PEN at 1920H. Yesterday, I received a call from them, telling me that the flight will be rescheduled and will depart PEN at 0925H!

Evening flight not full ah?

Grrrr.......so, I had to cancel the tix, and rebook myself on MH as rerouting to SZB is not allowed on OD. Is this normal? Any OD frequent travelers here?

Just secured myself a KUL-SBW flight with them; looks like the KUL-SBW-KUL is now 1 daily flight.

Malindo has finally introduced Online Check-in

Edited by Alan B.

Malindo has finally introduced Online Check-in

Really? Just in time.Glad to hear that news!