MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Found something new, LGK and PEN will be having "bi-airport" options; OD is giving flying in and out from KLIA to those two destinations as well apart from Skypark....

Sensible move I suppose. JT only have like what, 3 daily flights for all the spaces they got there.

JT is going to serve BDO - KUL daily on 19th Aug 2013 onwards.

Anyway, I wonder why don't they neutralise the name like AirAsia and Jetstar do, like Lion Malaysia Air? And even utlise one website instead.

Lion Air branding isn't exactly an advantage, with the EU blacklisting and the air crashes and incidents in Indonesia. They are trying to see if they can build an alternative brand so that they can use this for international expansion.

Lion Air branding isn't exactly an advantage, with the EU blacklisting and the air crashes and incidents in Indonesia. They are trying to see if they can build an alternative brand so that they can use this for international expansion.

Yes, but I think they are slowly rising. Changing to new planes etc, but pilots among the Lion do cause some stirs.. Nonetheless, they do not have great international routes and expansion.

Yup, I think so too. That's why Malindo was here using Malaysian registration 9M then probably soon Batik Air one of planning for fly back to EU.

Found something new, LGK and PEN will be having "bi-airport" options; OD is giving flying in and out from KLIA to those two destinations as well apart from Skypark....

Malindo Air To Strengthen Domestic Network

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 12 (Bernama) -- Malaysian hybrid airline, Malindo Air, plans to strengthen its domestic network.

Chief Executive Officer Chandran Rama Muthy said the airline will

increase daily flights to Penang and Langkawi, effective today, from the

Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), in addition to those from

Subang.

"We are also offering 50,000 one-way tickets for all domestic flights at

RM50, including the KLIA-Penang/Langkawi route, to celebrate the fifth

successful month since inception," he said in a statement.

The booking period for the promotion is Aug 11-17, with the travel period being Aug 20, 2013 to May 31, 2014.

The airline will also enhance its international network with the

introduction of a daily flight to and from Dhaka, Bangladesh, effective

Aug 28, from the KLIA.

The Dhaka flight will be followed by that to New Delhi, India, around September or October this year.

Chandran said Malindo Air plans to further increase travel ease and the

fluidity of flight connectivity for foreigners, as KLIA is a renowned

transit hub in Asia.

Malindo Air, the first airline to use the brand new B737-900ER in

Malaysia, aims to have 100 aircraft over the next decade, while offering

customers competitive low fares, on-time flights and excellent customer

service.

-- BERNAMA

hows malindo flight cancellation nowadays?is it still bad

No cancellation during the Hari Raya period. Check again next week when things are back to normal.

Any reasons for the cancellations? Maybe they are short of pilots like what happened to Tiger 3 years back when they had a spate of flight cancellations due to no crew.

Malindo emerges as Lion Group's main international carrier with nine new routes from Kuala Lumpur:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/malindo-emerges-as-lion-groups-main-international-carrier-with-nine-new-routes-from-kuala-lumpur-121982

@ flee, thanks for the CAPA link. Interesting reading. And, very interesting to watch how this all will pan out in Asia.

I have to make one observation though, related to your post 756 on this topic.

Although Malindo has a Malaysian AOC, that does not automaticaly give them a free Pass to Europe.

I have it on good authority that the nice people in Brussels, whom decide which airline can fly to Europe and which can not, are very well aware

of the intercompany relationships between Lion Air, Malindo and Batik air.

I would certainly not put my money on the presumption that Malindo or Batik can fly to Europe in the foreseeable future.

Just my 2 ringgit.

Cheers

Art

On 14/08; OD only operates 1 flight for SBW-KUL as the other flight was cancelled.All affected passengers were transferred to the next available flight:

1098219_10201619247060787_1474384145_n.j

Just want to know; how many B739 aircraft in OD fleet nowadays?

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2013/08/23/malindo-air-flies-to-india.aspx

JOHOR BARU: Malindo Air said it would start operating flights to three destinations in India by October this year.

The airline company on Friday said it had named Bombay, New Delhi and Kochi as its three stops in India.

“We are at the final stage of getting approvals from the Indian authority and hope to receive it within a month or two," said chief executive officer Chandran Rama Muthyto reporters after the opening ceremony of Malindo Air's airport ticketing office at Senai International Airport in Johor Baru.

Malindo said it expects to launch its first international route to Dhaka, Bangladesh from KLIA next Wednesday (Aug 28).

Currently, Malindo caters to 11 routes and Bangladesh would be its12th.

"We are aiming to have 20 routes this year, 60% domestic and 40% international," Chandran said.

He added the company currently has seven aircrafts and is pursuing its initial goal to have 10 aircrafts operating by year end.

"There are some one million passengers movement from Bangladesh, we are targeting both business and leisure travellers," Chandran said, adding the airline company is currently working with Tourism Malaysia to help promote Malaysia to Bangladesh.

Looking fwd to promo fares to DEL. Want to visit the Dalai Lama and go to Ladakh.