MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Biz are rows 1-3.No real advantage of any row apart from row 1 for obvious reasons.

In Y,avoid 10A, 11A and 11F for lacking windows. Same for row 26 which has a blank panelcovering the deactivated emergency exit. Overwing emergency exit rows 16 & 17 have acres of legroom but row 16 cannot be reclined but 17 can, so the choice row is obvious. This is despite row 16 having recline-buttons.Likewise, row 15 cannot recline into the emergencyexit lane behind. Y starts with row 4, so that is another extra-legroom row. Those who prefer avoiding staring at the wing should stay away froms rows 15-21.Last row 33 seems to have a limited recline.

There's a full windowless row. Row 10A almost got booked into this seat by ground staff one of the supervisor in BKI noticed and suddenly swap me to 10F and apologized for the mistake.

DSCF1646_zps371045bf.jpg

Don't think the seat option is available online yet.

Checked Baggage Weights is non-upgradable...

Judging from the pics, is it safe to assume those seatback LCD screens are non-tiltable and one's view of it is at mercy of whether and how far the pax in front of reclines his/her seat ?

And what is that grille-like thing just above the screen ?

Judging from the pics, is it safe to assume those seatback LCD screens are non-tiltable and one's view of it is at mercy of whether and how far the pax in front of reclines his/her seat ?

Was told my the call centre - economy class bring your own headphones or watch silent movies, headphones only provided in business class and so is a full meal. :crazy:

Was told my the call centre - economy class bring your own headphones or watch silent movies, headphones only provided in business class and so is a full meal. :crazy:

Just like MH - but hey, it's better than nothing!

Comfortable seats and IFE onboard at price cheaper than Air Asia ? be smart

Dont worry, u can use your own headphones even USB port also can charge your phone. :)

The LCD screens are definitely tiltable...however, this is a brand new design - hence, the controls are uniquely placed in the arm-rest of the seat that incorporates the screen. An industry first, one does not have to touch the screen at all to tilt it. One just has to press the circular-shaped "control" conveniently located in the arm-rest (of the seat that houses the screen), give the seatback (of said seat) a little nudge and the screen is tilted.

And in the absence of on-board bars, this unique screen-tilting mechanism encourages one to strike a conversation or indulge in small-talk with the fellow passenger seated directly infront, not least to enquire if said fellow passenger would prefer a more comfortable & relaxing seating position.

And that grille-like thing? That's more a mundane feature....it's just a vent to release heat from all the electronic innards.

The LCD screens are definitely tiltable...however, this is a brand new design - hence, the controls are uniquely placed in the arm-rest of the seat that incorporates the screen. An industry first, one does not have to touch the screen at all to tilt it. One just has to press the circular-shaped "control" conveniently located in the arm-rest (of the seat that houses the screen), give the seatback (of said seat) a little nudge and the screen is tilted.

And in the absence of on-board bars, this unique screen-tilting mechanism encourages one to strike a conversation or indulge in small-talk with the fellow passenger seated directly infront, not least to enquire if said fellow passenger would prefer a more comfortable & relaxing seating position.

And that grille-like thing? That's more a mundane feature....it's just a vent to release heat from all the electronic innards.

And, since it is an LCC without a Buy-on-Board feature, maybe one can try to slow-cook or re-heat meals-from home by placing said food at said grille-like thing. I'm sure the food will get warm by the time one arrives at one's destination.

Thank you Mushrif :lol:

As is often quoted in these forums, I "can't wait" to try out those innovative features (or not) :D

Just like MH - but hey, it's better than nothing!

During initial days of MX series arrival, all passengers get one headset...

was told by the crew on my return leg BKI-KUL that the head set can be purchased at RM5 per piece..perhaps later stage..

was told by the crew on my return leg BKI-KUL that the head set can be purchased at RM5 per piece..perhaps later stage..

seriously? buying in-flight headset? :blink: hmm...

The Inaugural flight onboard 9M-LNG i was on had headsets if requested. Guess have to bring in our own headphones.

Outright purchase or rental?

Outright purchase or rental?

not so sure Captain, didn't ask further,,..hopefully its outright purchase,..if its rental..I'm concern on the hygiene.. :ph34r: for FlyDubai, the earphone is for outright purchase, AED5 for a set

Outright purchase means you can use it again for your next flights. No need to buy a new one. But what sort of headset costs RM5 or so per set?

Outright purchase means you can use it again for your next flights. No need to buy a new one. But what sort of headset costs RM5 or so per set?

Ancillary income perhaps?

TG hands out the (admittedly crappy) headphones so they probably cost not more than RM1 each to make.