MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Press conference at A2 ended I missed it. Boarding at 12.40pm

Hah I missed it too. Can only see the balloons outside the gate and there's food inside the boarding room...

Top spot seafood...7.30pm? Or earlier for those with earlier departure. Anyone in town...just pm me your phone no...even those not spending a night...I'm free on Saturday just for this event...hahaha!

Many thanks. Topspot - love it! Not a big fan of Buntal mosquitoes... unless Dolphin restaurant resurrects. Will pm you when I go next month if you are free...

OD1014 taking off next!

Some blurry pictures I manage to take using my iPad (pardon the quality):

207470_10151598791940485_128814649_n.jpg

And off she goes:

734282_10151598792250485_513123224_n.jpg

Edited by Kelson

Top spot seafood...7.30pm? Or earlier for those with earlier departure. Anyone in town...just pm me your phone no...even those not spending a night...I'm free on Saturday just for this event...hahaha!

Thanks, sounds good!

Some sort of even to welcome 9M-LNG on going now at Gate A11, domestic side. They did the water canon salute for the plane. Officials from OD, MAHB, Tourism and DCA are there. Cultural dance as well.

Oh gosh !

Based on that last pic alone, look so much more spacious compared to other airlines' - whether everyone to fly or 5* rated or even so called 'legacy' ones

This looks good ! :good:

(so far, conditional upon confirmation by those who would have savoured the product in real life already by now :) )

Oh gosh !

Based on that last pic alone, look so much more spacious compared to other airlines' - whether everyone to fly or 5* rated or even so called 'legacy' ones

This looks good ! :good:

(so far, conditional upon confirmation by those who would have savoured the product in real life already by now :) )

On other hand catering might be the worst when compared to AK and MH. Got Roti putih+Butter with plain water and no buy onboard meal during flight.. not exactly the kind of snack i was expecting.

Edited by jahur

Got Roti putih+Butter with plain water and no buy onboard meal.. not exactly the kind of snack i was expecting.

it's a common practice in Indonesian carriers to give those kind of meals. Sriwijaya, Batavia. I dont expect grand snacks to be served with such low ticket price.

On other hand catering might be the worst when compared to AK and MH. Got Roti putih+Butter with plain water and no buy onboard meal during flight.. not exactly the kind of snack i was expecting.

I think that it is just teething issues - so I guess one must pack some KFC or McD in the interim. Likely to supplement with BoB given incremental revenue possibilities.

1st flight in the morning was not the inaugural it was the second flight. :pardon: Also heard KCH inaugural will be next week Friday

32' seat pitch

DSCF1387_zps924a84ce.jpg

Slight more responsive and smoother IFE compared to MAS MX b738

DSCF1503_zpsf366bf5f.jpg

Business class cabin seats
DSCF1597_zps79c85710.jpg

After water canon.
DSCF1610_zps587646fd.jpg

Edited by jahur

@jahur, do we have to pay for the IFE? no onboard merchandise sale?

IFE is free they even proviide headphones if requested and also those special 3.55 jack converter if u brought ur own headphones. As for onboard merchandise i think they are not available maybe not ready yet along with buy on board meals. Wifi will be available on June.

Edited by jahur

Also heard KCH inaugural will be next week Friday

If that is so, I'm guessing there will be a few fellow forumers rioting at KUL and KCH tomorrow :D

2day old -LNG is operating KCH inaugural tomorrow at this stage :)

I'm on it ex KCH in J class. If any fellow MWingers on it please say hi, I'll be wearing Ferrari team shirt.

Well, I guess they are too early to do event before 6am :p

This is my trip

OD 1001 Economy

OD 1028 Business

dJoRNLl.jpg

Economy class snacks

gvvCaQm.jpg

Super big windows !

z29faNa.jpg

Business Class meals (dinner ) Included : 2 x juices 2 x Towels 1 x snack 1 x tea/coffee 1 x set meal

F6yGqU7.jpg

Interior

ffno9QC.jpg

Edited by Jason Yong

I have heard that OD will have several ATR aircrafts to be based at SZB this coming May

Interesting! Things are definitely getting better and better this year 2013. I truly hope Firefly will revive its jet operations to join the fight!

Edited by reezal

Interesting! Things are definitely getting better and better this year 2013. I truly hope Firefly will revive its jet operations to join the fight!

Agreed.!

Well, I guess they are too early to do event before 6am :p

This is my trip

OD 1001 Economy

OD 1028 Business

dJoRNLl.jpg

Economy class snacks

gvvCaQm.jpg

Super big windows !

z29faNa.jpg

Business Class meals (dinner ) Included : 2 x juices 2 x Towels 1 x snack 1 x tea/coffee 1 x set meal

F6yGqU7.jpg

Interior

ffno9QC.jpg

Wah. the service and seat are on-par with FSC airlines. now it's time for MAS to upgrade their premium products.