MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew K

Thai Airways retrofitted 747-400

Nice! It's good to see that they are keeping the 34" at least on the B744 :)

I'm not sure if they are refitting all the B744's - could be just those currently with the ancient recliners in both First and Business Class?!

Nice! It's good to see that they are keeping the 34" at least on the B744 :)

I'm not sure if they are refitting all the B744's - could be just those currently with the ancient recliners in both First and Business Class?!

They are retrofitting 6x 744. I believe these are the 6x remaining 744 with the sleeper seat First Class seats and cradle seats in Royal Silk. Previously these 6x 744 were deployed mostly to Denmark and Sweden with the cradle seats in Royal Silk sold as Premium Economy Class and sleeper seat in First Class as Business Class.

They are refurbishing all of their non-ER regional 772 for the second time! All these non-ER 772 were originally delivered in a super high density configuration (3-4-3 in Economy & 2-4-2 in Business). Anyway, here's a press release from TG.

http://www.thaiairways.com.cn/en/index.php/About/detail/id/255

Edited by Isaac

They are retrofitting 6x 744. I believe these are the 6x remaining 744 with the sleeper seat First Class seats and cradle seats in Royal Silk. Previously these 6x 744 were deployed mostly to Denmark and Sweden with the cradle seats in Royal Silk sold as Premium Economy Class and sleeper seat in First Class as Business Class.

They are refurbishing all of their non-ER regional 772 for the second time! All these non-ER 772 were originally delivered in a super high density configuration (3-4-3 in Economy & 2-4-2 in Business). Anyway, here's a press release from TG.

http://www.thaiairwa...t/detail/id/255

Thanks for the clarification :)

As for the 772, I find it quite amusing that they are replacing a business class product that has a recline of 170 degrees with another one which also has a recline of 170 degrees :p Is this worth the trouble?!

I don't like the seats that slide forward too much. A little bit is ok. I hate the ones on SQ! they are one of the most uncomfortable economy seats I've ever sat in.

As for the 772, I find it quite amusing that they are replacing a business class product that has a recline of 170 degrees with another one which also has a recline of 170 degrees :p Is this worth the trouble?!

Business Class isn't getting any new seat, just the Y cabin. The new angled lie-flat seat you saw in the video is for the 6x unrefurbished 744 only :)

Anyway, it seems that the one made by EADS Sogerma is more comfortable in fully reclined position. The slope is not quite as steep :) Their 773 has the exact same Business Class seat but rows 2-5 are in 2-3-2 setup.

wow! 34 inch seat pitch!! with foot rest!!

The old seats had 34" seat pitch too. I supposed if they reduce the seat pitch in Y, they would have to modify all the overhead panels in the main cabin which they figured just don't worth all the extra works and costs, hence the seat pitch remains the same. Anyway, their 772ER feature 34" seat pitch in Y too.

The first class designed looks like prison

The First Class is a generic one made by Contour with some minor tweaks and customization. The MAS First Class seat is of the same version with a few other airlines having the same version of F seat such as EY, 9W, CZ and OZ.

Edited by Isaac

I really like the new style business class seats that TG are using for their B77W. MH really should have gone for something like that insead of the very dated 2-2-2 layout. that they're using on their A380.

Sign in to follow this