MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hardeep P.

MH 132 AKL to KUL

On 17th August, our

Flight MH132 was also delayed at Auckland for some 16 hours due to a fuel pump failure.

Surprisingly, the replacement fuel pump had to be flown across the Tasman.

Inspite of having a little baby, we did not get any hotel accomodation.

Was just told at 3am original departure time was 12am, that we had to clear immigration and customs then pick our checked luggage and meet at d check in counter. When I reached the check in counter, all the cunning check in people were asking us to take the taxi to go home. I fought tirelessly for hotel accommodation. At 4am, my wife and I decided to just take the taxi Home. The delayed departure was at 4pm. I realized later that some of the mat salleh family all got a hotel across the road.

We are definitely complaining, only thing we got was taxi trip and 30 dollars to spend.

What is MAS up to?

Before we accuse anyone of racism - presumably the passengers who were eventually offered accommodation didn't have a home to go to. Although more often a critic of MAS - I think if this was the case then their procedure isn't entirely unreasonable.

If the same happened to me - i would rather go home for the 16 hours rather than sit in a hotel room..

Menzies.

The cabin crew told us to complain.

On that day coincidently EMirates B777-300er also had an engine malfunction.

The B 777 for mas is around 17 yes old rite? Using RR engines.

Time for mas to get a brand new fleet with b747-8i and 777-300er to completement the A380 and A330

Menzies.

Time for mas to get a brand new fleet with b747-8i and 777-300er to completement the A380 and A330

Within 3 years the 777 is on the way out to be replaced by the A330, or so the CEO told. But I don't think maintenance is an issue with MAS - it's just that sometimes technical niggles do happen even to the well maintained planes.

As for the complaint, just write to customer@malaysiaairlines.com - though do remember that it's a holiday week here in Malaysia so there may be a delay in response.

Before we accuse anyone of racism - presumably the passengers who were eventually offered accommodation didn't have a home to go to. Although more often a critic of MAS - I think if this was the case then their procedure isn't entirely unreasonable.

If the same happened to me - i would rather go home for the 16 hours rather than sit in a hotel room..

Over at CX/KA, they usually will ask the passengers to go home (those who have a home at the departing city) and they will provide a hotel accommodation to those non-locals. But of course, it depends... there are times they do provide hotel accommodation to everyone whether you're a local or non-local.

This happened to my dad once 10+ years ago on a MAS flight as well and they did put him up and everyone else in a hotel in Subang. When my uncle's KLM flight from KUL-CGK was canceled last time, KLM did provide everyone a room and he's a West Malaysian and has always lived in KL :)

Menzies.

You do realize it can happen to a brand new plane too right ? I mean it certainly did happen to the 388 (still on its teething phase) many times already. 748 is very much on its teething phase too :)

And for the record, 2 of their 772 are still quite new, delivered in late 2004. The four oldest frames are only 15 years old.

But I don't think maintenance is an issue with MAS - it's just that sometimes technical niggles do happen even to the well maintained planes.

Agreed :)

Menzies.

MH operates with 748,77W,388,333

bankrupt within 1year

MH operates with 748,77W,388,333

bankrupt within 1year

No, it won't go bankrupt... there is always taxpayers behind MAS... Well, unless the country goes bankrupt. Malaysian government is very generous unlike the Swiss government :p

No, it won't go bankrupt... there is always taxpayers behind MAS... Well, unless the country goes bankrupt. Malaysian government is very generous unlike the Swiss government :p

Actually there are signs that is heading that direction. Just need to read all the scandals and you will probably have a fair idea where that is heading.

Racist!

Try again....

Actually there are signs that is heading that direction. Just need to read all the scandals and you will probably have a fair idea where that is heading.

Yes. Up to 5 such articles are shared in FB on a daily basis :p

Totally agreed,but 2019 is not far away.

Let's pray for Malaysian

Sign in to follow this