MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Geoff R.

Fokker at MIAT - Dengkil

I have seen some very poor pictures of a Fokker 50 or F-27 airframe sat outside MIAT at Dengkil. The tail is blue and yellow, fuselage white.

Anyone know which airframe this is and when it arrives?

Geoff

Anyone know which airframe this is and when it arrives?

If I'm not mistaken it arrived around September 2011. A photo on airnieuws.nl shows the airframe is 9M-MGG.

http://www.airnieuws...list/9M-MGG.jpg

Thare was a write-up on 9M-MGG and the other Malaysian Fokkers on airnieuws.nl last year but seems the page is not available anymore.

Edited by MIR

Mir

Thanks for answering that one. The blue and yellow tail colours were throwing me off the trail. Obviously painted at MIAT with these colours.

Geoff

Mir

Thanks for answering that one. The blue and yellow tail colours were throwing me off the trail. Obviously painted at MIAT with these colours.

Geoff

I believe those are MASwings colours, likely the last operator of the aircraft.

I believe those are MASwings colours, likely the last operator of the aircraft.

The photo Mir provided the link to is for sure MASwings colours, however, the photo I had seen shows that the aircraft tail had been painted blue and yellow covering up any evidence of its MASwings history.

Geoff

9M-MGG...

sob sob sob.....so sad...

i have her in MH colours...picture taken in Kota Kinabalu in 2006, a few months before FAX

18Jun06_9M-MGG_0764Nmw.jpg

Talking about the Fokker 50, the aircraft may be gone from Malaysian sky, but the F 50 simulator in Subang is still active.

Talking about the Fokker 50, the aircraft may be gone from Malaysian sky, but the F 50 simulator in Subang is still active.

Is it updated or are the graphics still like MSFS 95 ?

Sign in to follow this