MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

Asiana Airlines New First Suite

Asiana Airlines said Sunday that it has launched a new type of first-class service, OZ First Suite, which is based on the concept of “hotel suites transplanted in an air carrier.”

Limited to three routes ― Incheon-Chicago, Incheon-Narita and Incheon-Ho Chi Minh ― the new premium service is offered only on the B777-200ER aircraft at present. The Incheon-Chicago flight runs four times a week, the Incheon-Narita flight four times a day, and the Incheon-Ho Chi Minh flight two times a day.

The most eye-catching feature of the air suite is the slide-open door, the first of its kind in Korea, installed at the seat entrance.

Besides stricter privacy, each suite guarantees fresh air from individual air ventilation systems, the company said.

Designed to provide the best surrounding for both business and relaxation, the OZ first Suite is equipped with an individual cabinet for papers and laptops in addition to other accommodations including mini-bars.

The suites also have touch-sensitive “LCD seat function control units” set up in the armrests for easier control of the light and seat adjustment. A “do not disturb” sign is included in the control unit for more privacy.

Passengers can watch movies on personal 32-inch in-flight HD screens, the world’s largest, with a clear view even from a 2.1-meter distance as the seats fully recline.

The air carrier plans to add one more carrier with OZ First Suite by Aug. 2013.

By Chung Joo-won (joowonc@heraldm.com)

Source: The Korea Herald

Pictures taken from Asiana Airlines official facebook page

599472_450145418339654_816741894_n.jpg

578844_450145428339653_548671722_n.jpg

427395_450145435006319_583829288_n.jpg

It looks like it is based on the Contour miniSuite model which is used by MH on its A380. But the OZ version is souped-up with higher walls and doors & mega large TV.

Edited by Mushrif A

Yes, the partitions appear to be taller than the MH ones seen in pictures posted

But I think the OZ partitions in pics are also greatly accentuated by the kneeling and stooping FA

Well, either that or she is one midget with disproportionate short legs

Interesting though they are having the suites on the 772's first, but not the flagship dugongs

How much of it can be fully appreciated during whole duration of Seoul-Narita I wonder ?! :)

Interesting though they are having the suites on the 772's first, but not the flagship dugongs

They don't operate any 388 now. The first one will only enter service in 2014. Anyway, you probably have mixed up KE with OZ :D

How much of it can be fully appreciated during whole duration of Seoul-Narita I wonder ?! :)

I suppose they are doing so so they can compete more effectively with KE. KE has their flagship First Class on some of the flights between ICN/NRT.

I actually think MH's fittings are more luxurious, despite not having the higher partition and sliding doors.

Nice and conservative design. Kingfisher Airlines started using the Contour miniSuite on their A345s which sadly didn't see service, which eventually went to Arik Air of Nigeria.

Etihad Airways picked up the design and installed it on their Diamond Zone. MH uses it for First Class on their A380, now KE on B777-200ER.

IMO, MH's looks the best, without being too cluttered, still exudes luxury.....:)

Haha... to avoid any more confusion in the future, allow me to stress again that this new First Suite Class belongs to Asiana Airlines, otherwise also known as the K-Pop celebrity express as most K-Pop celebrities fly Asiana Airlines Business Class to almost all cities it serves. I noticed the Korean celebrities only fly Korean Air when the Asiana Airlines flight is full or it doesn't fly to the city they want to go to :D

By the way, Korean Air has at least 4 versions of First Class seat but none features a partition this high nor does it has a sliding door.

Edited by Isaac

Don't like the colours....somehow doesn't give the luxurious feel

Basically these are the colors that OZ has pretty much in all three cabins (P, J, Y).

I actually think MH's fittings are more luxurious, despite not having the higher partition and sliding doors.

im agree with you jamie..i like more MH fittings

Don't like the colours....somehow doesn't give the luxurious feel

the colour so boring..

Agreed that the color is a bit "old-fashioned".

Sign in to follow this