MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Robert

Air Asia Mobile

The following was posted on their Facebook page today. Any idea why this has been stopped?

Dear Fans,

Please note that our AirAsia Mobile App on Blackberry, iPhone, Nokia and Android Devices as well as Mobile Websites (mobile.airasia.com) will no longer be available from 18 July 2012 until further notice.

If you would like to b...ook a flight, manage your bookings and check-in, you may do so at www.airasia.com. We are committed to the continual innovation and quality of our mobile services and we will be working towards launching replacement mobile services.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience throughout this period of interruption.

What;Seriously? It's gonna be troublesome for those frequently using the AK mobile app.

Could it because there were too many complaints that their bookings gone wrong ? It actually happened to my friend. He changed his flight using the AK mobile app on his iPod Touch and after he made the payment, he realized the new confirmed date wasn't the date he selected earlier.

How odd.... there are always bugs on apps. I would have thought they will try to fix the problem rather than shutting down the app altogether.

What a shame. I always thought their app isn't too bad!

Edited by H C Chai

How odd.... there are always bugs on apps. I would have thought they will try to fix the problem rather than shutting down the app altogether.

What a shame. I always thought their app isn't too bad!

Ya, what a shame although I have actually seen the price different between the apps and online booking. Maybe it's just a temporary measure until they get a more stable apps.

For the time being I think they could just have the schedule and flight information running since the damage would be minimal.

Used the apps frequently (bout once a month) and never encountered any misbookings or error.

However, did you guys notice that Direct Debit (from Maybank2u, CIMB Clicks, Hong Leong connect etc.) have gone missing from AirAsia website. Now the payment options only give you credit/debit card and AirAsia Voucher, which is silly, since even though i used my Maybankard Debit Card, AirAsia still charged me RM5 for convenient fee even though Direct Debit is not offered, which leave guests, having to pay RM 5. I'm not sure if this affected the others but when i logged on and booked flight i cannot find Direct Debit anymore (since June)

And MH quickly posted in their FB page "with MHmobile, it's business as usual!' :db:

Cheeky it may be, but a flicker of hope there that the slumbering dinosaur may possibly (fingers crossed) be stirring :D

Used the apps frequently (

However, did you guys notice that Direct Debit (from Maybank2u, CIMB Clicks, Hong Leong connect etc.) have gone missing from AirAsia website. Now the payment options only give you credit/debit card and AirAsia Voucher, which is silly,

What ? That's a real bummer! I've always paid using direct debit since they started charging people payment for their ticket using credit card. Perhaps this is just their way of getting more and more people to sign-up for the BIG VISA debit card!

since even though i used my Maybankard Debit Card, AirAsia still charged me RM5 for convenient fee even though Direct Debit is not offered, which leave guests, having to pay RM 5. I'm not sure if this affected the others but when i logged on and booked flight i cannot find Direct Debit anymore (since June)

Eh, I helped a friend to buy a ticket at the end of June and the direct debit option was still there. Anyway, i can't get into their payment page now.

And MH quickly posted in their FB page "with MHmobile, it's business as usual!' :db:

LOL

However, did you guys notice that Direct Debit (from Maybank2u, CIMB Clicks, Hong Leong connect etc.) have gone missing from AirAsia website. Now the payment options only give you credit/debit card and AirAsia Voucher, which is silly, since even though i used my Maybankard Debit Card, AirAsia still charged me RM5 for convenient fee even though Direct Debit is not offered, which leave guests, having to pay RM 5. I'm not sure if this affected the others but when i logged on and booked flight i cannot find Direct Debit anymore (since June)

I paid my KUL/KTM tix on July 12, with Maybank2U.

I paid BKI - KUL - KIX on Monday via M2U too.

I managed to go into Air Asia online booking page just now and the direct debit option is still there :)

I think this bug has been there for a very long time. When you do a seat selection and decide to cancel it before checkout, you're left with no other option except for Credit/Debit card or e-voucher payment. Have encountered it a few times before.

might explain this thing. Thanks guys, i also cancelled insurance and seat selection, guess they still want to squeeze us some money when we refuse the unnecessary. Instinct told me it's intended.