MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kris V

Anchorage International Airport

Here is some shots I have taken in ANC. Anyone is welcomed to post their own shots from ANC.

7560397362_c7f8a07cef_b.jpg

7510789480_b0e5d633a1_b.jpg

7510771954_d045f53da4_b.jpg

7264371032_63885224b6_b.jpg

7262991318_30efcdc0b2_b.jpg

7001974452_ea4b7ff6bd_b.jpg

Super like the Korean Air Cargo with the snowy background! :clapping:

I can only drool while looking at these pictures. Great airport with great background and you know what makes it even better? Pictures like these. Thanks a lot Kris! :good: :good:

What is it at Anchorage that attracts all these feighters to the place nowadays ?

Funny how things turn out in life - my understanding is that ANC blossomed back in those days when trans-pacific flights were obligated to a technical/refuelling stop somewhere in between due to insufficient range of the equipment available then. Now it seems to attract these ultra long haul freighters like no other, which have very little need for such technical/refuelling stops :)

What is it at Anchorage that attracts all these feighters to the place nowadays ?

Funny how things turn out in life - my understanding is that ANC blossomed back in those days when trans-pacific flights were obligated to a technical/refuelling stop somewhere in between due to insufficient range of the equipment available then. Now it seems to attract these ultra long haul freighters like no other, which have very little need for such technical/refuelling stops :)

The resonan ANC attracts so many freighters is for being a fuelstop both ways from the Orient and too the Orient since we get freighters that do routes like MIA-ANC-HKG. Another reason is carriers from the Orient can check in with cutoms in ANC and be good for the rest of their trip withen the US. :)

I guess if they want to carry max payload, they need to refuel as they cannot carry so much fuel.

Thanks a lot for sharing these wonderful ANC selection !!!

Love the various 747-800's.

Should re-visit this place again after a 20-years hiatus...

Maybe combine some spotting with an Alaskan cruise (?)

Hi Kris,

It was really wonderful meeting you in Anchorage. I wish the weather was as great when I was there last week ... but I am still thrilled with how the pictures turned out. Hopefully over the next weeks, I will have some time to process the pictures and post them here.

Anchorage as a spotting location is up there somewhere among the best in the world. For freighter-fans, this is pure heaven and I had my fill of freighters but remain hungry for more. Michael and I are looking at end-September 2013 for a return to Anchorage.

KC Sim

TransNorthern operate regular/scheduled flights ? Would love to 'try' that Super DC-3 :pardon:

Sign in to follow this