MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

"Tony, today is MALAYSIA AIRLINES DAY!!"

you shoot RAW....

I stop doing that, but i still prefer RAW though.

Unless i have the latest Capture NX (do you have it Norman)

Last night, all the night shots...i thought of shooting RAW, then i change my mind

Came back just in time for EURO 2012....wohoo.

Without RAW.... those pix shot on the apron would be difficult to salvage...

(I think I've NX for MAC somewhere.... :diablo: )

Norman, only you have the patience to do salvage jobs! :good:

So proud of you guys doing the 360 coverage for us here in MW! :)

I'm still kicking myself for missing the smokes, bro..... :vava:

.... least but not least..... Job has to be done... whatever it takes... right Azahan?... :D

Azahan1_3761.jpg

Frankly Norman, I was hesitant to leave that spot. Quite a sad moment walking down the slope. Heheh

Just before push back, they stopped the colorful light display and blast this bright white light.

All the way the aircraft being push under this bright white light till taxi.

Beauty.

1Jul12_9M-MNA_1330Cmw.jpg

Holy KAO!! MEGA!!!

Btw, my darkside partner at runway side, Sifu Norman. He was ecstatic! Cheers buddy!!

SifuNorman.jpg

Frankly Norman, I was hesitant to leave that spot. Quite a sad moment walking down the slope. Heheh

Yes... agree with you... me too, if not for ramp visit, I'd would stay for another hour

BUT.... there's always the MH4-project.... hahaha!

and here's my partner (specially requested by DCA.... )

Azahan_8367.jpg

Here is the chronicle on 29 June morning from the observation hill...

1-2.jpg

Came in at 600 feet for fly past...

2-2.jpg

shhh.. shh.... very quiet engines

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

All the way to the end of 32R

5-1.jpg

and bank to the right

6-1.jpg

Above PAPI lights

7-1.jpg

Palm trees are getting higher :nea: :nea: :nea:

8-1.jpg

Touch down at KUL in her full livery for the first time

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

Entering taxi way

14-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve5gry0vGZI&list=UUfdeGS3-L1-Nwq8RmUEWLWg&index=1&feature=plcp

here is the video as the aircraft starts taxying out for runway 32R

What an amazing month it has been ... since the first delivery flight of 9M-MNA when it still wore an unfinished livery. Now fully decorated in MAS' premium livery (the all blue version), it was further enhanced last night when 9M-MNA was bathed in a riot of colours at a send-off party! And what an absolutely crazy and colourful event it was.

We went through the usual administrative and security processes from the security pass counter to the gate and along the way, an administrative hiccup threatened to deprive us of TK and Jonathan's company. Thank goodness this was resolved and we arrived on the ramp to this sight!!

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-01Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

Closeup, it was the first time that an A380 looked really awesome from this angle, thanks to the stripey temporary "special livery" created by the special lighting effects.

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-06Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

Just as I thought it could not get any better, the A380 went all dotty ... and I thought, what an amazing idea if MAS were to adopt something akin to this as a real special livery.

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-07Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

When loading began and ground equipment and staff members moved in, I thought photography would have to take a back-seat for a while. I was wrong, as the lighting effects produced this interesting shot of what usually is a very unexciting process. I love the shadows of the staff and the cargo hold's door.

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-08Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

Anyone who wondering how all manners of special livery would look need not wonder last night ... for the colour combination kept changing with each minute. You rather see blue, green, red, pink, orange, purple? You got it.

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-22Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-21Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-20Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-16Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-15Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-14Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-13Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-12Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

And what happens when MAS A380 meets Tropical Megatop and Peter Max ... perhaps something like this would be the result. MAS should really consider such a special livery !!! It would certainly turn heads at every single airport around the world.

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-22Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

It would be a lie if I did not admit I was doubtful we could capture the pushback. There just was not enough light from the regular ramp lighting but just as pushback commenced, the entire ramp was awashed in this amazing white light! It was every photographer's wildest dream come true. Thanks MAS, for this final touch!!

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-17Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

A-9M-MNA-2012-07-01-18Cr-MAS-A380-RMS-LHRInaugural.jpg

This was a show that will be hard to top ... and I know that it had not come about easily. Thanks to all in Malaysia Airlines, we were treated to one of the most fantastic aviation spectacle I have ever seen. And thanks to the MAS Social Media team for tirelessly doing all that it takes to get us to the right place at the right time - and for staying with us on the hot, humid and horribly energy-sapping ramp.

KC Sim

Fuyoh fuyoh fuyoh!!!

You are late to post Jon!! Hehehehe. But your sequence shots are damn crystal. Cilaka....

Beautiful shots of a beautiful plane, KC! :clapping:

Alas, MH has managed to go Beyond Expectations! Syabas! :)

Wow! I didn't know that they even gave you guys invites for the inaugural flight! Kudos to the MAS Social Team. And to all of you guys who covered the homecoming and inaugural flight, very well done and thanks for sharing!

Remaining ones after the major arrival. I felt like putting up a tent there man for a night stay..... :pardon:

ROAARRRR.....

29June2012_MLF_1b.jpg

29June2012_MLJ_1b.jpg

Tengku Azahan : If you put up a tent for a night's stay, may I be your humble servant ... to sweep the grass around your tent, boil hot water for English tea (cannot do teh tarik as my hands too short and I might get stretch marks from tariking the teh), keep a lookout for planes on runway ... but all these only before and after I have photographed the planes in action.

Great to see your nose shots again ... more, more and more please.

KC

LJ looks clean!!!

Azahan takes Nose shot, KC will do the full side shot!!!

Lights...camera....ACTION!!!

1Jul12_9M-MNA_1264.jpg

hhmmm....how about the PORT side of this A380...yes, the fuel bowser is "PETRON" i should have brought along my car...free JET-A1...he he he

1Jul12_9M-MNA_1268mw.jpg

Allow me to borrow TK's words : Lights ... camera ... ACTION !!!

mw-9M-MNA-2012-07-25Cr-MAS-A380-RMS.jpg

And more lights, camera and action.

mw-9M-MNA-2012-07-26Cr-MAS-A380-RMS.jpg

With the lights changing constantly and the shadow of people on the ramp interacting with the projected lights, it seems there are just endless combinations to the final effect on the A380. I like this version very much.

mw-9M-MNA-2012-07-32Cr-MAS-A380-RMS.jpg

And here's a closeup of the nose ...

mw-9M-MNA-2012-07-36Vr-MAS-A380-RMS.jpg

Earlier in the morning when I arrived on the Jetstar Asia flight from Singapore, I noticed 9M-MNA parked at the remote stand across from gate C12. As the B772 parked at C12 was pushed back for its departure at 0915hrs to Hong Kong, I had the opportunity to see both old and new logos interact.

mw-Tails-2012-07-01Cr-MH-B772-A380.jpg

And interestingly, the three aircraft on the remote stand now perfectly tell the story of an airline livery in transition.

mw-LiveryInTransition-2012-07-01Cr.jpg

KC Sim

Hats off to all... Superb coverage, so sad that i'm in BKI.....

ps: I really love the lighting effects...

*TK & T.Azahan, "bile mung nok datang BKI?"

Great shots of the Dugong, guys !!!

Thanks a lot for sharing these special pictures, KC, TK, Jon, Azahan and Norman... :air_kiss:

Sign in to follow this