MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Wow, this kinda thing happen in SYD?

I wonder what will happen if the following aircraft needs to TOGA?

This is nothing compared to what I saw in KUL a few weeks ago.

Single runway ops, 32L. AK A320 cleared to line up. TG B777 on final. AK cleared for takeoff, but didn't start their takeoff roll immediately. When AK A320 started rolling, TG B777 decided to GA. When AK A320 just get airborne, TG B777 was just about above them. Under ATC control, TG bank left, AK maintain runway heading, problem solved.

Saw a similar thing in SIN a few years back, can't remember the airlines. But ATC cancelled their takeoff clearance (for delaying takeoff and causing a GA) and they had to rejoin the queue again.

Capt .... that wasn't the first time in 32L....

BTW.... long time ago during 32R single ops...

Witnessed myself the situation as the photo above...

Tower was really edgy at that time... as soon as the departing a/c airborned

he just issued ... "(rego))... clear to land 32R..", & seconds later touchdown... phew..

(everybody was standing in the tower...)... so "immediate.." means really "now..."...

I wonder what will happen if the following aircraft needs to TOGA?

And if things do not go well, you get to learn more about it on NatGeo a few years later...

Only if the protocol allows them to do so. Technically an aircraft isn't even allowed on the runway until the plane is fully taken off? I thought that's normal practice.

Technically an aircraft isn't even allowed on the runway until the plane is fully taken off?

Technically, there is no aircraft on the runway in that pic :p

So semua ok :D

That is rather normal in Australian airport :drinks:

Saw a similar thing in SIN a few years back, can't remember the airlines. But ATC cancelled their takeoff clearance (for delaying takeoff and causing a GA) and they had to rejoin the queue again.
Brilliant idea. Put them in the "sin" (no pun intended) bin to reflect on their actions.

Sign in to follow this