MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

My Latest MAS Booking Engine Experience

The direct KCH-SIN flight has disappeared! I did a search and was only offered flights via KUL.

The direct SIN-KCH is still there though.

Yeah my favourite MH643 is missing from the list!

And according to the site, MH will be opening a new KCH-SIN-KCH flight.

KCH-SIN flight as MH 647 departing at 1925 and SIN-KCH as MH 646 departing at 2155 *yipeeeeee*

MH647 is in the list while MH643 is not there!???

- Can the 'Apt' from the name of the airports be dropped? Apt is more of an abbreviation of an apartment rather than an airport.

The obsession with abbreviation, albeit incorrect, is so prevalent that MH is not spared. Cgu Ken, hw do u deal w sts who use txt n twit lingo?

As mentioned, the user interface is good. But it's been displaying all the wrong thing since yesterday evening. Flights that are not sold out are stated as full in their website. It even displays that MAS doesn't fly from KUL to BKI the whole week next week except Saturday. LOL

It even displays that MAS doesn't fly from KUL to BKI the whole week next week except Saturday. LOL

Could be a trial run - kumpul (herd) all pax together for Saturday, fly in a couple of dugongs, wah lah - all cleared :lol:

I tried to book a return flight for the PEN-KUL-BKI sector. Unfortunately, it seems that MH doesn't do connecting flight booking any more. It was ok a weeks ago. Any idea how to go about this without ringing MH or going to the ticketing counter. Apart from extra charges incurred, I am not too keen on talking to the call centre people or driving all the way to Penang airport nor to the MAS office in George Town. Thanks a bunch for any advice.

I tried to book a return flight for the PEN-KUL-BKI sector. Unfortunately, it seems that MH doesn't do connecting flight booking any more. It was ok a weeks ago. Any idea how to go about this without ringing MH or going to the ticketing counter. Apart from extra charges incurred, I am not too keen on talking to the call centre people or driving all the way to Penang airport nor to the MAS office in George Town. Thanks a bunch for any advice.

Go mobile at flymas.mobi or MHbuddy on FB

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

• photo-thumb-2725.jpg?_r=1350447190
  • Platinum Member
  • plat.gif
  • 1,288 posts

Posted Today, 02:27 PM

Aaron Brown, on 01 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Go mobile at flymas.mobi or MHbuddy on FB

Thanks a lot Suhaimi.

MAS website still shows that they do not fly from KUL to BKI on Sunday. What a joke!

Anyway, i ended up booking the flight through a travel agency and surprisingly the ticket is actually RM10 cheaper than buying directly from MAS website. The only downside is that i can't pay with AMEX.

MAS website still shows that they do not fly from KUL to BKI on Sunday. What a joke!

Anyway, i ended up booking the flight through a travel agency and surprisingly the ticket is actually RM10 cheaper than buying directly from MAS website. The only downside is that i can't pay with AMEX.

Paying with AMEX is a pain in the back side.

Even worse! Only Saturday flights is available... :wacko:

Untitled-1.png

Paying with AMEX is a pain in the back side.

Not at all. It is the best card in this country :)

Even worse! Only Saturday flights is available... :wacko:

Untitled-1.png

Yeah, same goes for the whole week next week :wacko:

It's even more painful for the tech team - they haven't got any rest since Monday. I hope they solve it quickly.

It's not the passengers' fault that they messed up in the first place, and now spending up to patch things up.

It's even more painful for the tech team .....

Not as painful as it is for the finance team - just think what sort of revenue they are losing out on when people who have already decided to pay money to MH cannot do so :)

At the rate MH and her website are going, your competitors will be having their cake and gobbling it up without having to lift a finger

And sad to note, lack of rest as a trade off for disastrous roll out of new product (as in new booking engine) does not count for much in this day and age - whether blame is apportioned in house or outsourced

Sorry if I appear offensive, but it's just an observation ...... :)

Not as painful as it is for the finance team - just think what sort of revenue they are losing out on when people who have already decided to pay money to MH cannot do so :)

I hope this is not as bad as SQ, they have been trying to fix their website for more than a year now.

Yeah my favourite MH643 is missing from the list!

And according to the site, MH will be opening a new KCH-SIN-KCH flight.

KCH-SIN flight as MH 647 departing at 1925 and SIN-KCH as MH 646 departing at 2155 *yipeeeeee*

MH647 is in the list while MH643 is not there!???

That is shocking! KCH is getting more international flights! :)

It's even more painful for the tech team - they haven't got any rest since Monday. I hope they solve it quickly.

Because they shouldn't until they get things sorted out. Things have actually gotten worse since yesterday evening. Genuine passengers who want buy MAS tickets can't do so because the booking engine keeps showing most flights are sold out when there are still seats available. Whoever these people are, they are lucky we're not Korea or Japan. The boss will probably scold them as if they are dogs.

It's not the passengers' fault that they messed up in the first place, and now spending up to patch things up.

Agreed.

Problem is, the system is tested out a lot before the launch and those problem didn't crop up at all. I know, I spent hours testing it myself. I don't think it's fair to blame them solely.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

I hope this is not as bad as SQ, they have been trying to fix their website for more than a year now.

That is SQ's misfortune, does not need to have any bearing on MH's booking engine

In fact, MH should be trying to capitalize on SQ's weakness, not trying to emulate it :p

Yeah, this looks like fire-fighting now ... or like repairing a huge crumbling rumah kampong. :)

Problem is, the system is tested out a lot before the launch and those problem didn't crop up at all. I know, I spent hours testing it myself. I don't think it's fair to blame them solely.

But some of the faults look pretty basic to me. Surely a brute force testing would have unearthed them.

Don't like the scrolling side bar...you can change flight dates and all but the total price is too far down to see and when you move down, it moves down as well...like playing chasing game with the sidebar...

Yeah, distracting and annoying.

Whoever these people are, they are lucky we're not Korea or Japan. The boss will probably scold them as if they are dogs.

Would be sacked or resigned out of shame

Because they shouldn't until they get things sorted out. Things have actually gotten worse since yesterday evening. Genuine passengers who want buy MAS tickets can't do so because the booking engine keeps showing most flights are sold out when there are still seats available. Whoever these people are, they are lucky we're not Korea or Japan. The boss will probably scold them as if they are dogs.

Don't need to go far, they do that in Singapore... literally told you off like a dog. This is some culture I do not enjoy.

By the way, blaming aside, a question for Suhaimi... I have a hunch that MH does not use Amadeus as their booking system as it only has 5 digits booking reference number? Amadeus uses 6 digit reference number, IIRC?

Just that when I entered MH's reference number, my trips with MH are not displayed at all. Bookings with Royal Brunei, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways all showed up on this Check my trip (powered by Amadeus) thing!

https://www.checkmytrip.com/

Guys, just to be fair... remember when SQ lauched their new website and booking engine... there were glitches back then?? I couldn't even booked my flights with SQ and I went with QF instead which turned out to be a disaster!

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this