MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

My Latest MAS Booking Engine Experience

Don't like the scrolling side bar...you can change flight dates and all but the total price is too far down to see and when you move down, it moves down as well...like playing chasing game with the sidebar...

Yeah, you can't change the pax type on the passenger info - the selection is made during the early part of the booking when you select the amount of pax.

Just a hunch - it's probably something regarding the date of birth selection. If you can forward a screenshot of the error message it'll help tremendously!

I have actually made sure that the dates are correct. It even asked for the Adult's pax type!

I will try and create another dummy booking

I have actually made sure that the dates are correct. It even asked for the Adult's pax type!

I will try and create another dummy booking

Ok, my colleague's just msg me - apparently you're not the only one with that issue. They're already looking into it.

Funny, the system was fine when I was testing it on Chrome during the testing period.

Funny, the system was fine when I was testing it on Chrome during the testing period.

Long shot guess, are you and SV using the same version/updated/etc of Chrome ?

If issue is redundant, please pardon my ignorance :D

Guys I take back my word. Beware, the system is not stable yet. I got multiple error messages when doing my booking.

Your session has expired

We are sorry, the session you are using has expired.

A session usually expires when time has passed and no action has occurred.

You can begin your search again by clicking here.

I need to go back to homepage to re-do the booking. You are redirected to 'Flight Search' page: DO NOT USE IT as it does not allow you to make payment later. The webpage will redirect you to "Flight Search" again.

Similarly, once you had make payment, the same message below will appear:

Your session has expired

I quickly checked my email for my booking confirmation, true enough I got my e-ticket. Hmmm, need a bit of time to stabilised.

Suhaimi, mind notify your friends at MH? Thanks a lot!

hmmm after my initial enthusiasm, got some reservations now about the new booking interface.... integration with Firefly flights and apparently random order of both MH and FY flights (based on price) makes it confusing with high potential for errors and non user friendly. Try dummy booking KUL-PEN return you will know what I mean. Very frustrating to choose flight

The order of flights is based of price - please give customer more credit on how to choose flight!.. and please, KUL is KUL, SZB is SZB...I don't want SZB flight when I query for KUL flight, and vice versa

Edited by V Wong

Guys I take back my word. Beware, the system is not stable yet. I got multiple error messages when doing my booking.

Your session has expired

I need to go back to homepage to re-do the booking. You are redirected to 'Flight Search' page: DO NOT USE IT as it does not allow you to make payment later. The webpage will redirect you to "Flight Search" again.

Similarly, once you had make payment, the same message below will appear:

Your session has expired

I quickly checked my email for my booking confirmation, true enough I got my e-ticket. Hmmm, need a bit of time to stabilised.

Suhaimi, mind notify your friends at MH? Thanks a lot!

Yeah - they're on 48 hours standby, the technical team & the vendors.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

hmmm got some reservations now about the new booking interface.... integration with Firefly flights and apparently random order of both MH and FY flights (based on price) makes it confusing with high potential for errors and non user friendly. Try dummy booking KUL-JHB return you will know what I mean. The order of flight based of price - please give customer more credit on how to choose flight!

I think they are following what AK, TR and 3K are doing as consumers are now thrifty. Brunei flight even includes MH + MASWings transit flight through Kuching and Kota Kinabalu!! Aduima.....The new booking system must have include other oneworld airlines destinations as well therefore the confusing interface.....

I hope integration of FY and MH flights means ability to earn Enrich miles on FY flights too? Try booking on both MH and FY websites simultaneously on same flights and you will discover surprises - some pleasant, some not so!

If you want to fly to or from SZB, then that makes it even more complicated now.. got to compare prices on both websites for exactly same flight.

Edited by V Wong

After toying a bit with the system, also discovered that sometimes it is cheaper to book one way for each leg of a return trip, as you are not getting the best price if you book a return trip on one single booking compared to two separate single trips booking, for exactly the same flights. Now this is even more complicated than the deceptively clean and simple interface - full of traps...

Suzanne, what is this type of pricing called? I am sure you know. You gave a very good explanation recently in another thread on some kind of pricing, but I can't remember what it is now... :)

Edited by V Wong

..... sometimes it is cheaper to book one way for each leg of a return trip, .....

Suzanne, what is this type of pricing called? I am sure you know. :)

I would offer 'consumer fleecing' pricing, 'crooked fare' bucket - but then it's probably best if those better in the know clarify issue :D

The direct KCH-SIN flight has disappeared! I did a search and was only offered flights via KUL.

The direct SIN-KCH is still there though.

Could it be they intend to experiment with a triangular KUL-SIN-KCH-KUL routing ?! :D

Could it be they intend to experiment with a triangular KUL-SIN-KCH-KUL routing ?! :D

Wow, the possibilities are endless. Clockwise or anti-clockwise?

I've just booked a flight using Enrich points and interestingly its still using the old interface. I had assumed that both (paid flights and redeemed points flights) would use the same, new, system.

Tried on dummy Enrich redemption just now, still the same old system and seems can't even select one way redemption, wanders whether it is yet to be upgraded to the new one or they do not migrate it to the new vendor...

Some input to the monitoring team:

- Each purchases should show how much Enrich miles received as well.

- Can the 'Apt' from the name of the airports be dropped? Apt is more of an abbreviation of an apartment rather than an airport.

- Agreed that SZB flights should not be shown when one selects KUL in either the departure or arrival boxes. SZB should have its own code in the drop down menu.

- Customer should be able to sort the flights by price, departure time, arrival time or duration of flight.

- As mentioned, the total price box on the right should not move when one is scrolling down.

- Code share flights operated by partner airlines and all of MH's code share destinations are still not included.

Good job on the following:

- An interface which is so much better than the previous one. Fonts are not as large as the previous one.

- Better fare breakdowns.

- More connecting flight options listing out almost all possible combinations e.g. KUL-BKI vv flights.

After toying a bit with the system, also discovered that sometimes it is cheaper to book one way for each leg of a return trip, as you are not getting the best price if you book a return trip on one single booking compared to two separate single trips booking, for exactly the same flights. Now this is even more complicated than the deceptively clean and simple interface - full of traps...

Suzanne, what is this type of pricing called? I am sure you know. You gave a very good explanation recently in another thread on some kind of pricing, but I can't remember what it is now... :)

I think this occur sometimes also during the old interfaces days, maybe not as "obvious" in this version perhaps, yet to figure out this by playing around with it...

How come there are no codeshare flight being shown on the new system.. ? The old ones did shown CX and JAL flight together with MH flight.

Some input to the monitoring team:

- Each purchases should show how much Enrich miles received as well.

Yea, hope this one can be fulfilled; so that customers can know how much miles will be earned with the price paid as the Enrich miles accruals had more tiers than the fares type (Economy promo, Smart and Flex fares) displayed in the booking engine.

- Agreed that SZB flights should not be shown when one selects KUL in either the departure or arrival boxes. SZB should have its own code in the drop down menu.

Yea.

- Customer should be able to sort the flights by price, departure time, arrival time or duration of flight.

Sorting out by price is a bad idea, errors really bound to occur if one did not read the timing carefully. Should go back to sort out by flight scedules from early morning to late night.

- As mentioned, the total price box on the right should not move when one is scrolling down.

Yea.

- Code share flights operated by partner airlines and all of MH's code share destinations are still not included.

Good job on the following:

- An interface which is so much better than the previous one. Fonts are not as large as the previous one.

- Better fare breakdowns.

- More connecting flight options listing out almost all possible combinations e.g. KUL-BKI vv flights.

Seconded, especially the 3rd one is really good.

Sign in to follow this