MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

My Latest MAS Booking Engine Experience

People are probably busy noticing a slight change in the website & formulating their response.

Guess what it is? :lol:

Oh really? I think more important is the process flow of the booking engine with minimal inputs from user. For any e-commerce service, always make it 'dead-easy' to use.

And yes, the red is back on the website. :)

Edited by Naim

People are probably busy noticing a slight change in the website & formulating their response.

Guess what it is? :lol:

Hey, since you probably can pick up the phone and dial an internal number - can you ask Corporate Communications to announce to the world out here which is the real new logo and livery? I know that nobody in Corp Comm probably knows the answer, but they can pretend that they do and give us some guidance.

Hey, since you probably can pick up the phone and dial an internal number - can you ask Corporate Communications to announce to the world out here which is the real new logo and livery? I know that nobody in Corp Comm probably knows the answer, but they can pretend that they do and give us some guidance.

I know which logo's the "real" one - but I think it would be best to wait for the announcement on this Friday.

Oh really? I think more important is the process flow of the booking engine with minimal inputs from user. For any e-commerce service, always make it 'dead-easy' to use.

I agree - and believe me, they are on it, which is why all the issues crept up recently.

The red is only back in the front page. Perform a mock booking, the very next page, you still see "blue -oh-blue, heartache-oh-heartache wau..."

The red is only back in the front page. Perform a mock booking, the very next page, you still see "blue -oh-blue, heartache-oh-heartache wau..."

Work-in-progress tu, bro. :)

In any case, when a kid, used to play kites, and this MH logo is 'wau kucing', and I can't remember blue ones! Mostly reds.

To see what upgrade............

This message can be viewed in the following languages.blank.gif English Français Deutsch 中文(繁體) 中文(简体) 日本語 한국어 Español Ру70сский sia_masthead_jun12.jpg blank.gif blank.gif blank.gif blank.gif blank.gif pbss_header_1.jpg

On Sunday, 08 July 2012 Singapore local time (GMT + 8), Singapore Airlines and SilkAir will transition to a new reservations system.

During this transition, all bookings, reservations and ticketing services through singaporeair.com, silkair.com, call centres, ticket offices and travel agents will not be available between 1800 hours, 07 July 2012 and 2200 hours, 08 July 2012 Singapore local time.

Kindly also note that all KrisFlyer-related activities, including the checking of your KrisFlyer membership account, redemption, upgrading and refund services, will not be available both online and offline during this period. We expect to resume these services progressively from 2200 hours on 08 July 2012 Singapore local time.

Throughout this period, all our flights are due to operate as scheduled. Please note, however, that Internet, mobile and early check-in will not be available for all flights on 08 and 09 July 2012 Singapore local time. You may wish to check with your airport for information on the flight status.

Note to passengers travelling on 08 July 2012 Singapore local time

If you are travelling on a Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight that departs on 08 July 2012 Singapore time*, you will not be able to check-in via the Internet or mobile channels. Early check-in and inter-airline through check-in will also not be available. Check-in will only be available at the departure airport and the counters will open 3 hours before your scheduled time of departure.

In addition to your relevant travel documents, please bring along a printed copy of your electronic ticket to the airport for check-in.

A list of Frequently Asked Questions and the affected flights can be found here.

Changes to KrisFlyer services from 08 July 2012

While we endeavour to minimise the changes to our current membership services, you may wish to note the following differences after we transition to the new reservations system effective from 08 July 2012:

• Applicable fees for KrisFlyer redemption ticket changes can be paid for only with credit/debit cards; KrisFlyer miles will no longer be accepted.
  • Redemption tickets can no longer be cancelled online. Members should contact KrisFlyer Membership Services or their nearest SIA office.
  • Members who would like to make changes (other than seat and meal preferences) to their redemption bookings ticketed before 08 July 2012 are to contact KrisFlyer Membership Services or their nearest SIA office for assistance.

Please refer to our website or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updates on our transition to the new reservations system.

We apologise for any inconvenience during this transition and thank you for your patience and understanding. blank.gif blank.gif blank.gif blank.gif

Yours Sincerely,

stsignature.jpg

Shirlene Teo

Manager Loyalty Marketing

Singapore Airlines

Edited by Kaquah

MAS booking engine has been given a new layout and user interface. Definitely an improvement over the old one.

Booked a few flights with MH this morning. It seems the new booking engine does not work well with Google Chrome. Had to resort to using Internet Explorer for booking :(

Edited by S V Choong

SV,

MH2605 is BKI-KUL lah

Or you'll be doing a day trip to BKI on 19 Dec ?1 :D

Relocation trip to HK already ?

Booked a few flights with MH this morning. It seems the new booking engine does not work well with Google Chrome. Had to resort to using Internet Explorer for booking :(

Hey SV, what seems to be the problem with Chrome? I can share it with the tech team as they're monitoring the system.

Oops my bad, thanks BC. Yes relocation trip during Dec.

BI's price is pretty irresistible during peak season. The other alternative would be to fly with D7... Better to fly with BI than D7! :p

Hey SV, what seems to be the problem with Chrome? I can share it with the tech team as they're monitoring the system.

It kept giving me this error message about "passenger type" despite I have filled in all the spaces in the passenger info page... Until I have resolved the pax type, it won't let me proceed. I don't get what pax type means and there isn't any drop down menu for it.

Thanks Suhaimi.

Edited by S V Choong

It kept giving me this error message about "passenger type" despite I have filled in all the spaces in the passenger info page... Until I have resolved the pax type, it won't let me proceed. I don't get what pax type means and there isn't any drop down menu for it.

Thanks Suhaimi.

Passenger type is adult/child/infant selection. How did you clear it then?

The business class offers seems to have ceased despite advertising the sale until 5 November

Any idea how i can get the sale ticket price before this revamped booking engine fired up?

Still got 'teething' problems? I thought middle-aged already. :)

Myth, as anyone who has had to deal with wisdom teeth issues will testify :p

One thing i miss about the new engine is the breakdown for surcharges.

anybody can see that on the engine?

It is there, if you click on it. In fact, I think the new engine is significantly more transparent, especially on fare rules and surcharges.

But it is still full of errors. My bookings are no longer accessible after logging in. Also cant seem to update profile...generates silly error messages I'm sure there are tonnes more of such bugs that need to be discovered..

I like the new booking interface..but don't like the order for flights arranged based on price instead of time. Mistakes bound to occur.

As for the bugs, it has been many years since we pointed it out here, to no avail... just got to live with it like some virus in your system.

Edited by V Wong

I like the new booking interface..but don't like the order for flights arranged based on price instead of time. Mistakes bound to occur.

I concur. Perhaps they should let people to choose if they want to see the flights based on time or price.

Passenger type is adult/child/infant selection. How did you clear it then?

Suhaimi, I didn't manage to clear it, as it didn't allow me to choose between adult. child or infant. I do have a child and an infant with my booking.

So, instead of using Google Chrome, I had to load up my Internet Explorer and then re-do the booking again from scratch and it had no problem!

Hope you guys are able to fix the problem soonish. Love the booking engine and it is much better than the one you had before.

Edited by S V Choong

Suhaimi, I didn't manage to clear it, as it didn't allow me to choose between adult. child or infant. I do have a child and an infant with my booking.

So, instead of using Google Chrome, I had to load up my Internet Explorer and then re-do the booking again from scratch and it had no problem!

Hope you guys are able to fix the problem soonish. Love the booking engine and it is much better than the one you had before.

Yeah, you can't change the pax type on the passenger info - the selection is made during the early part of the booking when you select the amount of pax.

Just a hunch - it's probably something regarding the date of birth selection. If you can forward a screenshot of the error message it'll help tremendously!

Sign in to follow this