MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Norman

Another NEW AIRLINES...??

What?... Another new airlines??..

from the Star today...

Terengganu chosen as hub for new airline

MALACCA: The Sultan Mahmud International Airport in Kuala Terengganu has been chosen as the international hub for a new airline, which has been described as a fusion between a budget and high-end carrier.

The airline will be managed by Airwael Malaysia.

Airwael Malaysia director Luke Adam Mitchell said the airport fulfilled his company's requirements as the facilities and support given by the Terengganu state government were perfect.

“We met the Mentri Besar (Datuk Seri Ahmad Said) last month and he was keen to hear our proposal for the hub, as long as the endeavour provides new employment and business opportunities for the locals,” he said here yesterday.

After evaluating several airports in the country, Mitchell said Kuala Terengganu was the best option for a hub in the Asian region.

Sultan Mahmud Airport, located at Seberang Takir about 15km from the city centre, has an extended runway that can accommodate a Boeing 747 aircraft and a new terminal building.

Mitchell said the airline was expected to debut by the end of October after ongoing negotiations between Airwael and the government were concluded.

He said the airline, which has partnerships with aviation firms in the United States, Australia, Germany and India, would include the state as a stakeholder once the deal had been sealed.

Mitchell claimed that a RM1bil fund would be injected to kickstart the setting up of the airline with the tagline “Everyone Can Fly First-Class At An Affordable Price”.

The airline will serve long-haul and regional destinations, including Phuket, Medan, Bangkok, Bali, Chennai, Goa, Macau, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Kunming, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bali and Brisbane.

Mitchell added that 10 Airbus F320, three Learjet aircraft and a fleet of VIP helicopters would be used once the airline service had been launched.

Malaysia Airports Berhad Terengganu manager Dr Ahmad Ramli Mahmood confirmed that Airwael Malaysia had recently toured the airport and handed over a proposal, which would be submitted to its headquarters in Sepang, Selangor.

Sounds like a con-job.

TGG as a hub for a premium carrier??!!

This story is similar to previous years' story about making IPH the launch-base for low orbit space flights...

Well they can always bankrupt the country.

..... Mitchell said Kuala Terengganu was the best option for a hub in the Asian region

over and above SIN, BKK, KUL ....... or even MKZ ?! :blink:

Well they can always bankrupt the country.

You read the commentary by John Lo in Daily Express today ?

Sent shivers down my back it did :)

Edited by BC Tam

Interesting to find out that people prefer no-fuel airports such as TGG, IPH, MKZ as hub for some new airlines.

You read the commentary by John Lo in Daily Express today ?

Sent shivers down my back it did :)

Link please.

Interesting to find out that people prefer no-fuel airports such as TGG, IPH, MKZ as hub for some new airlines.

'There's a sucker born every minute', TGG receive hundred of millions if not billions of oil loyalty payment every year may play a major incentive.

Link please.

Sorry Captain, unable to find link

Scanned copy instead here (hope it comes out readable)

Untitled-Scanned-01b.jpg

Well, the last one who bit the dust, “eaglesomething”, was buried and while its grave is still fresh, another one opens the hangar doors.

You can say what you want about Malaysia but one thing is for sure, its aviation environment is very vibrant.

And as for Mad Mitch, see Normans link at post 7, he can hardly be the sucker if he managed to squeeze a Billion Ringit from whoever, now can he?

Next time you will see him in uncle Tony’s showroom to grab a dozen 320's at wholesale prices, from stock, no less.

No, the every minute born babies are the politicians who give him the red carpet treatment.

He would include the state as a stakeholder once the deal has been sealed. (press release, post1)

For free,one would expect.

And I nominate him for the “Quote of the Month”,

Everyone Can Fly First-Class At An Affordable Price”. Brilliant in its simplicity.

Where is Nik H. when you need him.

Cheers

Art

Mitchell claimed that a RM1bil fund would be injected to kickstart the setting up of the airline with the tagline “Everyone Can Fly First-Class At An Affordable Price”.

The airline will serve long-haul and regional destinations, including Phuket, Medan, Bangkok, Bali, Chennai, Goa, Macau, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Kunming, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bali and Brisbane.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/6/10/nation/11452703&sec=nation

“I am going to name my documentary My (Malaysia) Best Spas and Massages and the series will be sold to international television channels,” he said

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?sec=nation&file=/2011/3/31/nation/8386470

Biawak Dundees

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/1/6/nation/10215092&sec=nation

Looks like they managed to fool Malaysian around.

Googled "Sarah Lee Honey Bee", interesting...

Reminds me of something.

In 1991 Malacca was hit by a very severe drought. The state government enlists the help of a private company to create rain.

I arrived in Malacca Airport around the same time, to join MFA and continue my CPL program. Among the first thing I look for is the aircraft used for the rainmaking program. But no such thing was seen at the airport. Later it was revealed that the Mat Salleh that was trying to be the rainmaker, don't use any conventional aircraft but instead used the "chi method" using some contraption on the roof of a high-rise hotel in Malacca town. He was paid around a million ringgit for his hi-tech bomoh service.

Did the rain come? Dream on.

The CM of Malacca at the time was Tan Sri Rahim Tamby Chik, who will be in another controversy involving some under-aged girl a few years later.

Yes, there is a sucker born every minute......

will they ever grow tired trying to bullshit the better 'educated' people in Malaysia? All this cock talking seems to be in same wavelength as Perak MB Zambry telling the kampung folks that his government will bring LCCT to Parit Buntar.

Whether it'll actually takeoff or not, is a different story.

Remember Silverfly?

Yep!

This was taken at PEN in October 2010. It was never opened. Now no more.

13102010770.jpg

And as for Mad Mitch, see Normans link at post 7, he can hardly be the sucker if he managed to squeeze a Billion Ringit from whoever, now can he?

Next time you will see him in uncle Tony’s showroom to grab a dozen 320's at wholesale prices, from stock, no less.

If he can raise RM1 bil fund, there are many other projects with better return and lower risks than airline. Further, don’t think he has any experience in raising RM 10 million fund or experience or knowledge in airline or running any sizeable business

Edited by KK Lee

@ KK Lee.

Unforunately, there is no emoticon for sarcasm, if there was, I would have used it.

It would represent a tongue-in-check expression. Could be used after a sarcastic comment, since it can be hard to convey sarcasm in a text message.

Now, @ Radzi, post 18, yes Sir, them are the suckers.

On a broader scale, as the topic at hand will fizzle out in no time, due to various politicians eating humble pie, it begs the question, how many of these born by the minute babies are still involved in the never ending MAS saga.?

But that is another topic.

Cheers

Art

Sign in to follow this