MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

"The Men Who Killed Qantas"

Something I picked up at SYD this morning. :)

303491_475916429091729_100000201284539_2015104_1335680229_n.jpg

bvMBs.jpg

kGrb6.jpg

YoddC.jpg

Last page of book -- sounds so familiar!

rjeKk.jpg

===

we should have a book called "the mans who kill Malaysia Airlines"

LOL! That book would be way too thick. :finger:

It will end up to be as thick as Britannica encyclopedia.......

Understand the printed version has now been discontinued

So, maybe it's only as 'thick' as your average CD/DVD nowadays :p

we should have a book called "the mans who kill Malaysia Airlines"

It will most probably be banned in Malaysia by some authority citing national security and blah blah blah.......

I am going to get that book here in Perth, he he he he he.... for my small/big business time killer :rolleyes:

Quite a readable book. :)

Chapter QF1 describes the 23 Sep 1999 incident in BKK where QF1 overran the runway, and the ensuing investigation showing the link between cost-cutting and pilot training & maintenance.

aLt0kl.jpg

Edited by Naim

Quite a readable book. :)

Chapter QF1 describes the 23 Sep 1999 incident in BKK where QF1 overran the runway, and the ensuing investigation showing the link between cost-cutting and pilot training & maintenance.

aLt0kl.jpg

Amazon did a preview of the book for Chapter 1. The whole aqua-planing process was 'breath taking'.....

Btw, this book is Revised Edition 2011, to include the story on the A380 engine failure over Batam in late 2010 (Chapter QF17).

e1KU3l.jpg

Edited by Naim

It's not available on Amazon. Any idea where can I find a copy - stop short of actually flying to Australia?

Cost is A$21.19. I'm going to Perth late Aug, if you can wait, hehehe!

aLt0kl.jpg

bit OT, if the plane did hydroplanned along old BKK's runway, the runway might not be groove. The blame could not be entirely put on QF, but then, what do I know, just an aviation enthusiast here. :)

ok, purchase the book from fishpond.au.com for only $37AUD incl. shipping to Doha! Thanks Doc for sharing . :)

2nd chapter QF2 describes the founding of Qantas and some early fatal accidents. Only KLM was older.

3rd chapter QF3 is about the design-flawed DH86, core of Qantas fleet. A spate of fatal crashes ensued, expertly covered up in the bid to win mail tenders.

4th chapter QF4, the Japanese Air Force almost decimated Qantas fledgling fleet. More fatal crashes as well.

ya, thats why i said the man"s" who kill MH....should i add in more "s"? hahaha...is kind of sad

Nah, don't need to add S at all, simply delete the "a" and replace with an "e", so it becomes MEN. That should do the trick.

My last flight with QF was a bit of a disaster and I won't pay to fly them again. Ground crew service attitude was appalling. I still have a free flight with them through mileage accural and that shall be my very last flight with them.

QF never crash has a lot to do with urban legend. May be because there wasn't any fatalities, so people seemed to think they are safe. People never look back on their founding history though, there were a few crashes back then, which I read somewhere.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this