MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

KUL Apron 2012

US President Obama is visiting South-East Asia (Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia) this week.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/11/15/obama-asia-trip-china/1707827/

This C-5 is from Dover AFB. There is a C-17 in Seam Reap today, also from Dover. I believe these aircraft are in support of the visit. KUL could be an alternate to the Air Force One, just like a few years ago when Obama visited Indonesia. These aircraft probably carried the equipments to secure the airports, just in case the need arises.

Went flying without my camera for the first time in a very long time and this beast decided to drop by.

The C-5M 'Super Galaxy'

60013a.jpg

600132.jpg

Judging from the photos, the C5 was repositioned to a remote bay near MTB facing Rwy 32R

Soon to be a common sight in KUL.

9mmnc.jpg

Judging from the photos, the C5 was repositioned to a remote bay near MTB facing Rwy 32R

Yup. Remote bay B63 to be precise. Would it be possible to get a decent shot of her from the drop off area on the departure hall?

Edited by S M Tang

Soon to be a common sight in KUL.

Hope not, they should be up there flying fare paying pax, not loitering at home like some delinquent ..... :p

Hope not, they should be up there flying fare paying pax, not loitering at home like some delinquent ..... :p

Agree. "jemu kapal terbang".

Edited by Waiping

The A388s will definitely be worked harder than their old B744s. Five aircraft will be needed to do the double daily LHR and daily CDG services.

Saw this on the 13th.

VPBNY_KUL.jpg

Any pointers on the owner and aircraft type? Some sort of CRJ, I presume.

Radzi, Challenger 850 (purpose built CRJ-200 business jet, unlike Airods N888GY which was converted to a VIP config after a reasonably short life in airline service).

As a side note, conversion of used CRJ's (typically 100's and 200's) into business jets is a booming market at present, providing a large cabin, roughly 3000nm range jet (if Long range tanks are fitted during conversion) for the fraction of the price of a brand new equivalent aircraft, and quickly. CRJ's have a service life of 80,000hrs or cycles, most exiting airline service (after being replaced by far more fuel efficient turboprops) have only 20 - 25,000hrs (and equivalent cycles) and with a typical higher use bizjet flying 500hrs a year, in theory (certainly not reality) you have a jet good for another 120yrs!

The C-5 carried some some ground equipment, which was left on the cargo apron. They are to be used to support this guy.....

USAF50125.jpg

..... which parked exactly where the C-5 was before. While I didn't see anybody around, the generators are in use and make a lot of humming noise. I wonder what the guys inside were doing.

Well. there's not much thing in Malaysia to spy on.... :pardon: so they must serve another purpose.. Monitoring the regional airspace for China spy plane maybe?

Finally nailed the C-5 from a proper angle. But only from the Samsung S2.

USAF60013C5.jpg

Spotted on 24th Nov from departure hall while waiting flight to TGG.

Two MH's A380, 9M-MND without livery yet.

IMG_2005.jpg

Two charter flight, Eagle Express B744 9M-MPD and Firefly B734 9M-FZB

IMG_2015.jpg

Trying something new. Time lapse.

http://youtu.be/lXjy39VLFj8

Superb timelapse bro.. but 1 tip.. maybe you can try to make your shutter speed lower.. so that the timelapse will have a little bit of animation feel to it.. if not, the planes looks like they "jumped" from places to places instead of "moving" fast from one place to another.. hope you understand what i mean :)

JingKai,

I think you meant "the time gap between shots" rather than shutter speed. :)

Hi flee.. I actually followed a tutorial from here:

vimeo.com/videoschool/lesson/9/timelapse

If you read it.. it mentioned this:

• Use slow shutter speeds to blur motion in the frame for a cool effect.
  • Fast shutter speeds give a more choppy look.

So I believe its that in order to make it more "smooth" if you like :)

Edited by JingKai Seah

Sign in to follow this