MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

KUL Apron 2012

FZB still with FY tail. 30th April 2012

FZB.jpg

Edited by Radzi

another sad story about the aviation industry of Malaysia.

An airline that is about to expand their network but suspended his major route such as JHB - KCH just few months after. And now, almost the whole market is monopolized by one airlines .........

Any idea if the plane would be repainted back to MH color? The one with the red cheatline?

Any idea if the plane would be repainted back to MH color? The one with the red cheatline?

No. FZA n FZB will remain in FY colour and these aircrafts will be utilised for charter services into China

Beginning today May 1st 2012, FFA, FFB, FFC and FFF will be flown by MH crew. Previously they were operated by FY crew in MH uniform.

Not sure about FFD and FFE.

The pix u took was quite nice....I took the same one on 27th Apr fr end of B gates....the picture was too reflective

Maybe you have glass between your lens and the aircraft. I have only air. :drinks:

Maybe you have glass between your lens and the aircraft. I have only air. :drinks:

:good:

If anyone is out spotting today, EK408 due 1410 is opb 77W A6-EGO "1000th 777"

A6EGO.jpg

It was raining in KUL this afternoon.

another sad story about the aviation industry of Malaysia.

An airline that is about to expand their network but suspended his major route such as JHB - KCH just few months after. And now, almost the whole market is monopolized by one airlines .........

And here is a sad last page.

FYlastMR1FFA.jpg

And here is a sad last page.

FYlastMR1FFA.jpg

Really sad and very touching of words "Great Bunch og Girls and Guys "Firefly" HASTA LA VISTA"

Captain Radzi, thanks for sharing and great photo for EK B777 1000th plane..

Really sad and very touching of words "Great Bunch og Girls and Guys "Firefly" HASTA LA VISTA"

Captain Radzi, thanks for sharing and great photo for EK B777 1000th plane..

They may be back ;-)

What does "Operated by Fireflys Sdn. Bhd." mean when the colors are MH? I saw this on FC while boarding.

When FY jets are no longer flying as FY, the aircrafts were painted to MH colors; however it was operated by FY crew just like the days when it was in orange and white, except the cabin crew were wearing kebaya instead of skirts. This continues until end of April, beginning May 1st regular MH crew took over.

What happened to the crew? B738 captains: some went back to ATR, some were seconded to other (foreign) airlines while the rest just simply lost their jobs. FOs and cabin crew will most likely be absorbeb into MH proper.

MH crew will now fly FFA, FFB, FFC (all ex-MH as MLA, MLB, MLC previously) and FFF. The fate of FFD and FFE are not known at this moment.

What happened to the crew? B738 captains: some went back to ATR, some were seconded to other (foreign) airlines while the rest just simply lost their jobs. FOs and cabin crew will most likely be absorbeb into MH proper.

Great job MAS, while keeping some foreigners flying B738 (if their contract haven't been terminated yet)......... It is not your fault Radzi but all I am saying is, MAS is quite prone of keeping the foreigners but marginalise the locals ........... It happened many times before and will happen again.

Cheers

:hi:

Great job MAS, while keeping some foreigners flying B738 (if their contract haven't been terminated yet)........

:hi:

The are no B738 expat captains in MH. FY did have a few; they are the ones being terminated.

Thanks for the explanations!

Sorry I didn't follow the FY and MH story, but if I remember correctly, FY leased the 737NG from MH. Understandably, now the leased has ended I suppose and the planes aer returned to MH. Why did FY stop operating the 737NG? Is it due to revenue loss?

Now that I flew in FFC before and read that statement on the cabin door, I began to catch interest. Maybe a link to the topic in the forum would do the job. Thanks!

FZB still with FY tail. 30th April 2012

FZB.jpg

It was parked there even till night falls I think. I saw it when I got back to KL on MH 1339.

Yesterday FZB operated a charter flight to Nanning. It was towed to gate A8 where it departed. Today they came back, and after discharging the passengers were towed back to the previous remote stand.

FZBtow.jpg

FZB being towed to stand A8R for the charter flight to Nanning.

it seems that the Avient M1F, Z-BVT came in to one of the KL Airports today? Anyway saw her come in?

Landed on 32R while I was taxiing. Nice looking aircraft; too bad I was not in position to take out the camera and shoot.

9MFFE_KUL.jpg

Have a good look at this aircraft, because its fate (together with FFD) is still unknown. As of now both are grounded and could be send back to lessor.

Edited by Radzi

Sign in to follow this