MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Zamir

2012 World Airport Awards

From Skytax Facebook

2012 WORLD'S BEST AIRPORT: Incheon International Airport

World's Best Airport for Low-Cost Airlines - London Stansted Airport

World's Most Improved Airport - Delhi International Airport

World's Best Premium Service Airport - Qatar Airways Premium Terminal, Doha International Airport

World's Best Airport Terminal - London Heathrow Airport

World's Best Airport Hotel - Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong

Best Airport in Europe - Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Best Airport in the Middle East - Abu Dhabi International Airport

Best Airport in Central America/Caribbean - Panama Tocumen Airport

Best Airport in North America - Vancouver International Airport

Best Airport in South America - Jorge Chávez International Airport, Lima

BEST AIRPORT:

Western Europe - Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Northern Europe - Copenhagen Airport

Southern Europe - Barcelona Airport

Eastern Europe - Moscow Domodedovo Airport

Central Europe - Munich Airport

Africa - Cape Town International Airport

Asia - Incheon International Airport

Australia / Pacific - Auckland International Airport

India - Delhi International Airport

China - Beijing Capital International Airport

BEST AIRPORT STAFF SERVICE

Africa - Cape Town International Airport

Asia - Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Australia / Pacific - Auckland International Airport

Europe - Munich Airport

Middle East - Muscat International Airport

Central America/Caribbean - Panama Tocumen Airport

South America - Jorge Chávez International Airport, Lima

BEST AIRPORT HOTEL

Asia - Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong

Africa - InterContinental OR Tambo Airport

Australia / Pacific - PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

China - Langham Place Beijing Capital International Airport

Europe - Sofitel London Heathrow

Middle East - Oryx Rotana Doha

South America - Caesar Park Sao Paulo International Airport Hotel

North America - The Fairmont Vancouver Airport

WORLD'S BEST:

Airport Dining Experience - Hong Kong International Airport

Airport for Baggage Delivery - Beijing Capital International Airport

Airport for Leisure Amenities - Singapore Changi Airport

Airport Immigration Service - Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)

Airport for International Transit - Singapore Changi Airport

Airport Terminal Cleanliness - Hong Kong International Airport

Airport Shopping - London Heathrow Airport

Airport Security Processing - Narita International Airport

KLIA won the best Asia airport staff service

http://www.worldairportawards.com/

World's Best Airports in 2012

1. Incheon International Airport (3)

2. Singapore Changi Airport (2)

3. Hong Kong International Airport (1)

4. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (6)

5. Beijing Capital International Airport (5)

6. Munich Airport (4)

7. Zurich Airport (7)

8. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (9)

9. Vancouver International Airport (12)

10. Central Japan International Airport (11)

KLIA also won Best Airport Staff Service in Asia

LCCT ranked 4th place in world's best Low Cost Terminal

airport staff is not only the check in staff i guess.its for overall,including special passenger handling staff,immiration,customs,avsec,security n so on.

and IMHO,they deserve to get "best Asia airport staff service"

I strongly disagree with the award for KLIA, they should not have won it, unless of course the other airports are actually not as good as KLIA?

No offence to anyone with strong views on KLIA, but I think they lag behind so much and I have personally encountered corrupt staff who do not deserve to be working at our gateways. It is not once, it is an occurence that happens too often and I have stopped giving excuses to defend our main gateway. The toilets are terrible, flushes are often spoilt, bugs in the airport, smokers galore at the undesignated areas, car park management a little messy with the special parking for SUV/4WDs, check in staff who are incompetent and are unable to understand simple Malaysian English or even Manglish( I wonder how they deal with the international crowd). In fact, I think there is nothing great about the staff at KLIA, neither is there anything spectacular about KLIA itself. No doubt they have won awards before, but they are not competent neither proactive in developing the airport on par with the "trend"

Just my two cents worth :)

airport staff is not only the check in staff i guess.its for overall,including special passenger handling staff,immiration,customs,avsec,security n so on.

and IMHO,they deserve to get "best Asia airport staff service"

Let's analyse that now shall we:

Check-in staff: Pleasant enough, but I seriously don't think they are the friendliest (and helpful) in the world

Special Service: Can't comment

Immigration: If they ain't half asleep, they're chatting away. Comment on how long the foreign passport queues are and he shrugs and says "Tanya immigresen lah".

Customs: More interested in chatting among themselves and yelling a colleague's name from the other side of the baggage reclaim.

Security: Pretend not to see that you're trying to reach for a tray as you rush to remove your laptop and handphone. Also ignore the bottles of water chucked inside your bag. Wait, I shouldn't be complaining for the latter now should I?

Sorry, I can't help but compare KLIA with the very airport it aims to challenge - Changi.

Immigration officers are decent enough to say a simple "Good morning" and sometimes remind you to take a sweet before leaving the desk. Another instance being the Information Counter staff. They are very well informed never once have I encountered one who did not smile. Some aren't too fluent in English, but that is acceptable as they speak many other languages.

Have I mentioned that KLIA receiving this award is a joke?

I was surprise to see there are so many categories, as if those categories were created to please everyone.

Edited by Fairul

Dear Chris, this award was based on customer satisfaction through a survey and it is clear that MANY MANY passengers were satisfied with KLIA's service compared to SIN and ICN which are 5 star airports! I am not trying to be harsh or something but have you ever thought, maybe its YOU that seemed intimidating and unfriendly to them that led to you being "ill-treated"?

so far I have no problem using KLIA. fast immigration and security check; as well as baggage claiming. didn't talk too much to the staffs around as im familiar with the airport and have nothing to ask about? i much prefer KLIA than the busy and crowded HKIA and CHANGI...

I never have a problem with KLIA staff. I found them to be more warmer and helpful than HKIA staff. But I have only been to HKIA twice, so cannot compare too much.

Compared to CDG, KLIA staff is miles ahead.

HKIA for first-time visitor might be a total disaster... the airport is too crowded, and some passengers might got false disembarkation at the aerotrain station between the two terminals. And I can hardly hear the announcements (especially when there's a change to the boarding gate...) Some staffs at HKIA are just too busy to answer any question from passengers... Their response would be like "huh? you don't know meh?? /can you refer to the signage pls??"......

I had no problems at HKIA when I went there for the first time. :) HKIA T2 is definitely better as it is less crowded.

I think that many passengers tend not to arrive at the airport well before the flight. They come in last minute and expect things to be smooth, even when they are unfamiliar with the airport. So if you want a good airport experience, do not arrive just minutes before check in closes!

I have real bad experience with Incheon Airport while approaching the customer officers. There were several stationed at the counters over the terminal, not only they were not tentative as they were watching their TVs while I was obviously talking to them and they couldn't even understand English. They seemed fed up with me and the only word they knew was "Go! Go! Go!" and chased me away!

Edited by Mike P

I had no problems at HKIA when I went there for the first time. :) HKIA T2 is definitely better as it is less crowded.

I think that many passengers tend not to arrive at the airport well before the flight. They come in last minute and expect things to be smooth, even when they are unfamiliar with the airport. So if you want a good airport experience, do not arrive just minutes before check in closes!

then, every airport staffs will use this excuse to be rude to passengers, NO?

Well I don't know. All I know is that I try to research the airports that I go to well beforehand, including tips from pax who have gone through these airports. That way, I avoid having to deal with the staff.

E.g. I was worried that Tokyo Haneda's bad transport connections after midnight might hamper my airport transfers. So I researched all possible modes of transport. In the end, the journey was smooth. If the flight is on time, Tokyo's clockwork public transport system will take care of you!

Moral of the story - its easier to help yourself than to rely on others to help you! :)

But for this best airport staff awards, travelers and passengers should deal with the airport staff to rate them and know whether they are good or not....

definitely! :drinks:

‘Best Asia airport staff service’ award is not unlike ‘Best Cabin Crew’, the recipient can brag about it but doubt significant pax or airline will choose the airport airline because of the award.

Sign in to follow this