MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

Kuching Intl' Airport (KCH/WBGG) 2012

Early morning I believe?

If I'm not mistaken B744(9M-MPQ) arrived late morning on 27/09 and departed to Saudi early afternoon.

I could out of the loop but any idea what happened to the proposed MasWings' KCH-BPN flight which was suppose to commence in Oct? I am always miffed when airlines make it public that they will fly to some place and then nothing happens :sorry: Same with 5J's announcement of wanting to start a MNL-KCH flight in November last year. I am still flying MNL-BKI or MNL-SIN to get to KCH.

On a separate note, is Kalstar still flying to KCH? How is it that the airline is not listed on Flightstats, even when I check the Indonesian airports where the airline is operating from?

How come all flights to Kch generally get's axed ??? Very upsetting statistic!

How come all flights to Kch generally get's axed ??? Very upsetting statistic!

Because there is no business!

Looks like not many people in KCH fly often enough and not enough foreigners want to fly into KCH to visit!

Edited by flee

Talk about all that is wasted building the white elephant airport...

Nope, KALStar axed flights to KCH and so far no news on 5J nor Maswing's Balikpapan flight...

Sigh, that's what I feared (about KP). Thanks for the update anyway. With all the malls coming up in KCH, one wonders how they are going to survive if the international flights to KCH remain so dismal. I mean, Kuching people can only support so much before you need to turn to the tourists. And all this talk about the state government in discussion with MH to set up a new private airline is ridiculous when they cannot even get MH to fly routes that KCH could sustain in the past e.g. KCH-PER for one. :nea:

So I had this short spotting trip. Since I was on the way back from the airport and had time to spare so I figured I'd go and check out that spot near the cargo area. It's my first time :clapping: Anyways I was really unprepared, didn't have my camera with me and all I had was my smartphone :sorry:

So first with a panorama :D

gatepanorama.jpg

And a Tiger heading to 25

TRtaxi.jpg

With 9M-MX? following behind

MHtaxi.jpg

Off you go..

MHrotate.jpg

Toward the sunset

MHclimbout.jpg

Soon after, the usual tenants of WBGG

AKtaxi.jpg

And another usual tenant with a rather unusual outfit. This is the first time I've seen this livery with my own naked eyes

harimaumudaTOtaxi.jpg

Go Tigers!

harimaumudaclimbout.jpg

That is all from my unplanned spotting for today. Hopefully next time I will be better prepared ::80::

Oh and also wonderful sunset today

DSC_0511.jpg

Edited by Prestley Shim

Any updates from KCH? Suddenly KCH team so quiet. :(

Sadly, KCH airport is not an actual international airport. If im not mistaken, the only international flight available is to SG. Heavies dont visit KCH anymore too. Unless it's holiday season or some freighters :(

Edited by Jack Emilius

Sadly, KCH airport is not an actual international airport. If im not mistaken, the only international flight available is to SG. Heavies dont visit KCH anymore too. Unless it's holiday season or some freighters :(

Pontianak and soon Balikpapan as well

well, lets just hope that WBGG would be utilised fully. then it would be good for the spotters ! would like to become one in the future :lol:

Edited by Jack Emilius

And BWN which brings the non-Malaysian cities with direct connection to KCH to a grand total of 4 (SIN/PNK/BWN/BPN) :sorry: HKG is connected via BKI. Hai....to think that in the 80s and early 90s, KCH had direct MH flights to MNL, HKG, NRT, PER and Seoul (at that time still Kimpo airport). SYD was one-way (SYD-KCH-KUL). By the way, BPN is not new either; MH flew the route (using B734) for less than 2 months couple of years back. Not forgetting QZ's short-lived KCH-CGK and KCH-DPS flights. Surely our tourist attractions and amenities are more improved now than before. So why....

Very easy to answer your question, there's nothing to see and do in Kch, :)

Anyone has any idea whether the newly reinstated BKI-KIX and BKI-PER services are actually KCH-BKI-KIX (as before) and KCH-BKI-PER (big u-turn, put still doable) routings ?

And the supposedly BKI-PVG, can it be KCH-BKI-PVG in reality ?

If KCH-BKI-HKG seem viable all this while, maybe and just maybe it makes sense ...... :)

And BWN which brings the non-Malaysian cities with direct connection to KCH to a grand total of 4 (SIN/PNK/BWN/BPN) :sorry: HKG is connected via BKI. Hai....to think that in the 80s and early 90s, KCH had direct MH flights to MNL, HKG, NRT, PER and Seoul (at that time still Kimpo airport). SYD was one-way (SYD-KCH-KUL). By the way, BPN is not new either; MH flew the route (using B734) for less than 2 months couple of years back. Not forgetting QZ's short-lived KCH-CGK and KCH-DPS flights. Surely our tourist attractions and amenities are more improved now than before. So why....

There was even KCH-Frankfurt

There was even KCH-Frankfurt

Oh yes, MH005 I think - KCH-KUL-FRA. My understanding is that KCH-PER commands a decent market - my relatives probably make up 3% of the load :D

Oh yes, MH005 I think - KCH-KUL-FRA. My understanding is that KCH-PER commands a decent market - my relatives probably make up 3% of the load :D

KCH-FRA is operated using B772ER; I've remember once spotted a B772ER in KCH,but didn't snap a photo of it.

at about 0700 this morning whilst i was walking in Stutong Forest park a rather noisy aircraft pass overhead (departure Rnwy 07). Anyone any idea aircraft type?

at about 0700 this morning whilst i was walking in Stutong Forest park a rather noisy aircraft pass overhead (departure Rnwy 07). Anyone any idea aircraft type?

Maybe TH543 727-200F from Kuching to Bintulu