MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

Sandakan (SDK/WBKS) Spotting

Cant seem to find any thread on kudat KUD(WBKT). Decided to post it in this thread since it was exiting out of SDK

Recent trip on the otters on MH3001

DSCF1282_zpsd2b21ade.jpg

DSCF1290_zpse01bf4c7.jpg

First row close proximity to flight deck.

DSCF1309_zps0eded587.jpg

We had a brief 20 minute transit over in Kudat anyone can deboard and head to the loo or take photos of the plane in closeup

Terminal Building

DSCF1351_zps0b2e8f89.jpg

DSCF1382_zps78d52031.jpg

DSCF1379_zpse8a278ad.jpg

DSCF1387_zps9104f863.jpg

Prep for take off.

DSCF1389_zpsb0e3b67f.jpg

Sometimes, during the KUD transit, the aircraft is parked closer to the runway...and during transit stopover at KUD, you can lie down on the runway on the pretext of getting a bug's eye view of the Twotter.

Superb! thanks... hopefully can try these little ones one day. especially cool to see other aircrafts at WBKK from it, cockpit view wise!

Welcome you can also try it. Schedule very Monday and Thursday only. Load factor was pretty good for SDK-KUD/KUD-SDK however flights from or to BKI was rather light. Or you can wait until they are all replaced by the new Vikings.

JetGo Australia ERJ-135LR (VH-JGB) due in to Sandakan today around 1240pm from Da Nang, leaving tomorrow afternoon to Lombok.

Cant seem to find any thread on kudat KUD(WBKT). Decided to post it in this thread since it was exiting out of SDK

Recent trip on the otters on MH3001

DSCF1282_zpsd2b21ade.jpg

DSCF1290_zpse01bf4c7.jpg

First row close proximity to flight deck.

DSCF1309_zps0eded587.jpg

We had a brief 20 minute transit over in Kudat anyone can deboard and head to the loo or take photos of the plane in closeup

Terminal Building

DSCF1351_zps0b2e8f89.jpg

DSCF1382_zps78d52031.jpg

DSCF1379_zpse8a278ad.jpg

DSCF1387_zps9104f863.jpg

Prep for take off.

DSCF1389_zpsb0e3b67f.jpg

Sad that this bird has met an incident in KUD today..

JetGo Australia ERJ-135LR (VH-JGB) due in to Sandakan today around 1240pm from Da Nang, leaving tomorrow afternoon to Lombok.

Any idea who r the pax on this flight?

Some not-so-new photos taken at SDK... maybe also never seen before photos too... thanks to my frens at DCA Skan, allcredits to them.

1ti9.jpg

mqzf.jpg

bxh.JPG

A few more to come!

S V Choong,

The 3 photos of the A332 was actually taken in March 2007! A while ago for sure, but widebody doesnt come to SDK very often as you already know haha.....

Below are another series of photos of MyTravel A333 at SDK in May 2006. So they actually came to SDK for 2 consecutive years, but no more after that. Have not seen any more widebody at SDK since (other than Brunei Sultan's T&G). All credits to DCA Sandakan.

xfcp.jpg

jqyl.jpg

xb04.JPG

Nope.... B738 only to BKI at the moment. MAS is still deploying her grand old lady B734 for the SDK-KUL sector (which by the way has been reduced to daily flight from 11 weekly since end of Oct).

Nope.... B738 only to BKI at the moment. MAS is still deploying her grand old lady B734 for the SDK-KUL sector (which by the way has been reduced to daily flight from 11 weekly since end of Oct).

Same for TWU-KUL... still the good old B734.

I guess catch them while they are still there.

still remember the My Travel. she visit BKI too, on May 2006, the month before SDK. i'm almost escape my morning class just to catch her departure..

A Thomson Airways 757-28A arrived in SDK last Tue from Maldives carrying around 80 pax on a luxury world tour. The aircraft parked at the apron for 2 nites before departing to Chengdu on Thu morning. Managed to catch a glimpse of this special Starquest Expedition livery at the apron.

nkaq.jpg

pesz.jpg

oou7.jpg

Some highlights between 3-4 May 2018

Austrian registered G550, operated by Avcon Jet AG.

OEICQ_WBKS_030518_zpsc6kabeni.jpg

Aero L-39 Albatross (N454WF) peformed low level maneuvers over the village opposite SDK terminal, yesterday morning. Probably gone tech after the morning sortie !

L39_WMKS_040518_zps84cjpxzj.jpg

There was also a rare Cessna Skymaster (N2422) and Navy Fennec (M502-3) parked near the terminal yesterday.

9M-LGC on their Inaugural flights to Sandakan as BI6813 on 28Oct.

48973928911_b10f1c1429_o.jpg

but unfortunately i missed out the most important part of the event, the water canon salute ceremony due to my earlier flight got cancelled due to technical issues (wiring problem, which took half day for the identify it and another few hours to repair. 9M-MSE however re-certify to fly after 11hrs AOG in BKI). :drinks: