MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

2013 Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition, Langkawi, Malaysia

Russian MoD promised that Russian Knights or Swifts to participate, but must be patient until final confirmation.

Source: scramble.nl

Top aerial display teams for Lima

By Rajvinder Singh | Malay Mail

PETALING JAYA: The Indonesian Air Force aerial display team are set to mesmerise the public during the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace show (Lima13) from March 26 to 30.

The team, known as the Jupiter aerobatic team, will be using six KT-1B Wong Bee aircraft during the aerial display.

The organisers have also invited the Red Arrows from the Royal Air Force and the Blue Angles from the United States Navy.

In the line-up at the static display at the Mashuri International Exhibition Centre will be a total of 75 aircraft, including state-of-the-art Rafale, Typhoon and F-18F jets, which are in running for the Royal Malaysian Air Force plan to purchase multi-role combat aircaft. Also on show will be the

AH-64 Apache attack helicopter from the Singapore Air Force.

Malindo airlines, a jointventure between Nadi and PT Lion Group which is expected to take to the skies some time this year, will also take part.

A newcomer to the show at Awana Porto Malai for the static display of naval and commercial ships is the Royal Thai Navy's HTMS Phuket and Singapore Navy's RSS Steadfast.

The Korean, Indonesian, the Philippines and Indian navies have yet to announce which of their warships will be coming to Lima13.

The US Navy has confirmed that the Arleigh Burke class destroyer USS Chung Hoon will be at the show.

One of the attraction of the show will be the Royal Malaysian Navy's fast assault craft (CB90) which can also be used to transport troops.

Also on show will be RMN's two-masted sail training ship KLD Tunas Samudera.

Source: http://my.news.yahoo.com/top-aerial-display-teams-lima-051100564.html

Nothing officaly known from airshow organizers regarding the participation of Russian Knights? Only the russians confirmed participation on their website ...

Can't imagine the Red Arrows will be part of the show, because normally they will do their training for the upcoming season in April at Cyprus ...

Hello from Germany,

almost 6 weeks left!!! What are the latest news?

Some questions: Will they do rehearsals on monday the 25th? Will most of the
participants leave Langkawi on Sunday the 31th? If I remember right, most
participants of 2009 show left on sunday ...

Thanks!

Cheers!

Sascha

Edited by Sascha

The RAF Typhoon display team at this year's LIMA Air Show

15 February 2013 Friday

The Royal Air Force to send a number of its Typhoon multi-role combat aircraft from the UK to support events in Malaysia

We welcome the announcement by the Royal Air Force (RAF) that it plans to send a number of its Typhoon multi-role combat aircraft from the UK to support the upcoming ‘Five Powers Defence Agreement Exercise’ hosted by Malaysia in April and also the Langkawi International Maritime & Air (LIMA 2013) Show on March 26.

We are one of four European industrial partners in the four-nation Eurofighter programme. With our regional office based in Kuala Lumpur, we are taking the lead on behalf of the four partners to offer Typhoon to the Royal Malaysia Air Force to meet its requirement for a new multi-role combat aircraft (MRCA) over the coming years.

Regional Managing Director, John Brosnan is looking forward to welcoming the team when it arrives in Langkawi ahead of the show.

“At LIMA 2011 Typhoon was one of the headlining displays and I know that this year the RAF team has been working hard through the winter to prepare for this year’s display season. LIMA will be their opening event of 2013 and so the crowds can expect to see some exciting and dynamic flying by the display pilot Flt Lt Jamie Norris,” he said.

Looking ahead to LIMA, RAF display pilot Flt Lt Jamie Norris said:

“It will be an honour to be at LIMA 2013 and to have the opportunity to display some of the capabilities of Typhoon. This will be my first visit to Malaysia and LIMA will give me the opportunity to meet the crowds and engage with fellow pilots.”

488071_441049682638676_1234220747_n.jpg

Following the LIMA Show, the Typhoon detachment team will be based in Butterworth and will take part in bi-lateral training exercises with the Royal Malaysian Air Force front-line squadrons. The joint exercise gives the air forces an opportunity to work together through a series of air exercises designed to explore the capabilities of respective aircraft types in different scenarios.

So far, Typhoon has been ordered by seven nations, the most recent being Oman who signed in December 2012. The other six nations: Germany, Spain; Italy: UK; Austria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are already operating the aircraft to meet air-to-air; and air-to ground defence requirements. LIMA 2013 will give the crowds another chance to see why Typhoon is turning into such a successful export story as Brosnan explains:

“While Typhoon is weaving its magic in the air the BAE Systems team will be demonstrating the range of industrial, educational and technology partnership opportunities open to Malaysia as part of our campaign to offer the aircraft as a contender in the upcoming competition.”

“We are proud of our track record in delivering real value-added partnership opportunities to Malaysian companies and we will continue to explore new opportunities for the future."

“Ultimately LIMA celebrates Malaysia’s role in driving its defence and aerospace industry forward. We are proud to be associated with that role and we look forward to welcoming our partners, our friends, our customers and, of course, Typhoon to LIMA."

“We can’t wait for the show to begin.”

http://www.baesystems.com/article/BAES_156469/the-raf-typhoon-display-team-at-this-years-lima-air-show?_afrLoop=599459937162000&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null&baeSessionId=BhF8RpHNhpPqc18C9WytnrTYSrdgJHLDLpzQ9lGc3Rk4T7QRR9xc!-195876457#%40%3F_afrWindowId%3Dnull%26baeSessionId%3DBhF8RpHNhpPqc18C9WytnrTYSrdgJHLDLpzQ9lGc3Rk4T7QRR9xc%2521-195876457%26_afrLoop%3D599459937162000%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Daoo2g62el_4

Edited by xtemujin

Hooi Siew Tong

Great blog post about Langkawi.

Cheers.

Dear xtemujin,

Many thanks for the comment and encouragement.

I have been adding to the site, and it has a lot more info than it started off with. Including video links. I thought I might as well put down all I know about the quirks of Langkawi, so new visitors get off the ground running. I decided to do it as I realised that after so many editions of LIMA, nobody had ever done a review of the spotting sites there. In comparison, the Singapore Airshow is easy. Just get to the rased bleachers and get up to the top row, and wait as the planes zoom in. Only one best place.

I still do not know how to get a Youtube link to appear as a player in the blog page rather than as a URL that you have to click. Also how to make any URLs you click, to open up in a new tab or separate page. Right now, they will overwrite the blog page, and you have to backspace to return to the blog. Any advice?

Also, I have a LOT of aircraft pics, which I intend to post up. Any idea which is the best site for bulk posting ie Biggest GB limit, and biggest bandwidth, preferably FOC? Plus, what type of resolution is best for 3:2 format?

Still learning about all these new things you can do on the Internet...

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Hooi Siew Tong

I still do not know how to get a Youtube link to appear as a player in the blog page rather than as a URL that you have to click. Also how to make any URLs you click, to open up in a new tab or separate page. Right now, they will overwrite the blog page, and you have to backspace to return to the blog. Any advice?

There is a little icon you can click in blogspot to insert video.

There is a little icon you can click in blogspot to insert video.

Dear Cheng Long,

Thanks for the advice. That worked very well.

Would you also know how to insert a Google Map with annotatons into the blogspot?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Cheng Long,

Would you also know how to insert a Google Map with annotatons into the blogspot?

Thanks in advance.

Errr..not really.. I only have a simple blog.. Never had to use that function.

So MH's A380 will (tentatively) be doing a flypast for LIMA from the info I received

SUBJ – A380 FLYPASS LGK DURING LIMA ON 26MAR13

----------------------------------------------

PSE BE INFORMED THAT THE A380 FLYPASS LGKAP WIL
B OPERATED ON 26MAR13.

DETAILS R AS FLWS:-

26MAR13

-------

MH5488 KUL/KUL 1120/1330LT DEP KUL 26MAR13 A380

Dear Cheng Long,

Thanks in advance.

You can actually add Google Maps by copy pasting the code from Google Maps itself.. When you are at Google Maps (ie: maps.google.com).. Navigate to the map area where you want to insert the map in your blog, then look for the chain icon beside the print icon. Click on that and a small dialogue will appear with 2 options, "Paste link in email or IM" and "Paste HTML to embed in website". You will want to choose the 2nd option (ie: the HTML one) and then copy paste that bunch of code, and then insert it in your Blogspot edit screen :) Oh make sure to also turn it into HTML editing mode first before pasting :)

Lima goes on in March even if GE13 is held

By RAZAK AHMAD | 23 February 2013 Saturday | MYT 6:08:00 PM

PETALING JAYA: Next month's Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (Lima) exhibition will not be affected even if the event ends up colliding with the 13th general election, the Defence Ministry has assured.

Ministry secretary-general Datuk Seri Dr Ismail Ahmad said Lima will not be disrupted if the Dewan Rakyat is dissolved on a date close to the bi-annual exhibition which will take place from March 26-30.

"It will not be the first time that Lima is organised soon after the dissolution of Parliament as it has happened before, and this will not have any effect on the exhibition if it happens," Ismail told reporters at the Ministry's Open Day held at a shopping mall here.

First held in 1991, the 1999 edition of LIMA opened on Dec. 1, one day after polling in the general election held that year.

Ismail was responding to Election Commission chairman Tan Sri Abdul Aziz Mohd Yusof who said Saturday that he expected Parliament to be dissolved after the Lima exhibition in March.

The EC chairman was commenting on rumours that Lima exhibitors will withdraw if the Dewan Rakyat is dissolved before the event.

Parliament's term ends on April 27 but speculation is rife that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak may seek the Yang di-Pertuan Agong's consent for an earlier dissolution in the coming weeks to pave the way for a general election.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/23/nation/20130223180900&sec=nation

After weeks of Undecisiveness, i still cant decide to go or not to go for this years edition. Especially when the aerial displays are still unconfirmed.

Although if the russian knights and swifts make it, i will have to cut my fingers for not going.haha

Anyone else going?planning to arrive on the 26th or 27th and ill normally be at the field opposite the airport until the public display day. Would be nice if there are fellow members going also

Btw guys, i applied for a trade pass and they sent a confirmation email. Is that it?i was thinking if i could enter during trade days then i can skip the weekend public session and come back earlier

Hey Iwan,

I'll arrive on sunday 24th in the evening. Maybe we meet at the fence on tuesday 26th? Would be a pleasure!

Cheers!

Sascha

i hv booking flight sun 24 mar - 28 mar on 24 my family stay at homestay at kisap . i am may be stay in my brother house in Telok Ewa, Cement staff housing. i am using Nikon D7000 wearing t-shirt B747 or B777 malaysia airlines flight crew training, say hello to you and me. i heard A380 will do go around w/o touching WMKL rwy with flap 3 . 1st time ...by pass airport with 300 feet and 2nd time with pitch 15 degree ....in action....malaysia_airlines_airbus_a380_ddp7.jpg

Travel Sector :KUL/LGK - LGK/KUL

Flight Number :MH1436 - MH1437

Departure Date :24-APR-2013

Return Date :28-APR-2013

Hey Iwan,

I'll arrive on sunday 24th in the evening. Maybe we meet at the fence on tuesday 26th? Would be a pleasure!

Cheers!

Sascha

Hi there Sascha,

Ive finalized my traveling schedule. will arrive only on the night of 26th. Will be there until Friday 29th. Would love to meet up somewhere in between. How long will you be in Langkawi?

im only familiar with the area with the LANGKAWI sign opposite the terminal. the hill area is too far for my sad lenses. :(

Cant wait to go though, considering only a few weeks back i was planning not to go.. :)

Hello Iwan,

I'll leave Langkawi on sunday 31th, after the fly-out! :-)

I think, the area opposite the terminal is the best for taking pictures. In 2009 we took our pics from there. We stand near a small lake, marked here: http://www.langkawiairshowfan.blogspot.de/ as "SITE B"!

We were on the hill "SITE A" also, but the light conditions in the afternoon were not satisfying.

Would be a pleasure to celebrate an international spotter-meeting at the fence (and maybe in the evening with some drinks!?! ;-) ). On tuesday round noon, two of my friends will arrive from Germany on Langkawi and so far as I know, on monday will arrive a small group of dutch aviation-friends.

If you like, find me on facebook! My name: Sascha Linkemeyer, you'll find only me with this name! :-)

Let's stay in contact! Meet you in three weeks at Pulau Langkawi!

Cheers!

Sascha