MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ikman Ikreza

Qantas To Ban Extra Luggage On Economy Class Passangers

By Neville D'Cruz

MELBOURNE, April 3 (Bernama) -- Qantas will ban economy class passengers taking more than one piece of luggage free on international flights.

If passengers want to fly with more than one bag they could face a A$120 charge.

After May 2, passengers will be allowed one piece of luggage weighing a maximum 23kg, Qantas said in a statement.

Previously, passengers could have any number of bags, as long as the weight was no more than 23kg.

Qantas said passengers could buy extra luggage allowances before checking in at the airport for A$90 a bag.

If passengers did not buy the extra luggage allowance they could be charged A$120 at the airport, or A$50 if the luggage was more than 23kg.

Passengers in premium economy, business, first class, Qantas Club and frequent flyers will be given a bigger baggage allowance.

Those in premium economy will be allowed two pieces of luggage, of no more than 23kg each, double the previous allocation.

-- BERNAMA

Source : http://bernama.com/bernama/v6/newsindex.php?id=656684

LCC Bdd habits creeping in to preminum carriers.

By Neville D'Cruz

MELBOURNE, April 3 (Bernama) -- Qantas will ban economy class passengers taking more than one piece of luggage free on international flights.

If passengers want to fly with more than one bag they could face a A$120 charge.

After May 2, passengers will be allowed one piece of luggage weighing a maximum 23kg, Qantas said in a statement.

Previously, passengers could have any number of bags, as long as the weight was no more than 23kg.

Qantas said passengers could buy extra luggage allowances before checking in at the airport for A$90 a bag.

If passengers did not buy the extra luggage allowance they could be charged A$120 at the airport, or A$50 if the luggage was more than 23kg.

Passengers in premium economy, business, first class, Qantas Club and frequent flyers will be given a bigger baggage allowance.

Those in premium economy will be allowed two pieces of luggage, of no more than 23kg each, double the previous allocation.

-- BERNAMA

Source : http://bernama.com/b...x.php?id=656684

LCC bad habits creeping in to premium carriers.

I thought other airlines have done this for a long time. Once I wanted to checked in two bags on CX, but they said I need to pay to check in two bags.

Well AK's luggage is based on weight only. No limit on pieces. Other LCCs do have restrictions on the number of pieces. And of course, the overriding health and safety rule is not no single piece of luggage should exceed 32 kg.

Oil prices are so high, yet people are clamoring for cheaper flight fares - the FSCs are stuck in a rock and a hard place.

I'm sure we're not the only ones who long for the days of cheap fuel.

They already do this to domestic routes for awhile.. I was caught off guard last time. Got 3 bags but could only check in one. Luckily not too big and could still hand carry onboard.. They don't limit hand carry bags though..

Sign in to follow this