MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

TUDM's BBJ had an accident?

So, there was M53-01 sitting forlornly on crutches at the military side of AOR airport.

Engines minus cowlings, just blue canvas covers, and on crutches at the front - nose landing gear absent. Gear doors looked Ok though.

Looks like a trip to soft grounds at speed? When did this happen? What happened? Details anyone?

(Btw, Obviously it happened at AOR)

Incident happen during final approach, heavy rain + thunderstorm, approx. 2200hrs., sometime in February, i can't remember.

Pilots have the visibility of runway lights, but a sudden gust (or crosswind) a few feets prior touchdown bring the plane to soft gorunds...AT SPEED!!

Edited by Mohd Idham

When did it happen? Who's onboard - the king/ family? or it went to AOR to pick up the royals?

Also, my mind starts wandering and wondering - was there pressure on the crew to "stick to the schedule"?

Interesting the lack of media coverage. The folks must have managed to move the stricken aircraft before the first bank of morning flights, resulting in an unnoticeable effect on commercial flights (not that there are that many in the first place to AOR)

Was on training sortie, no VIP onboard.

That night, AK divert to PEN, FY return to SZB, MH landed early before the wx gone mad...but dunno why M53-01 push so hard to land at AOR during crazy wx, even on training flight. =@

Was on training sortie, no VIP onboard.

That night, AK divert to PEN, FY return to SZB, MH landed early before the wx gone mad...but dunno why M53-01 push so hard to land at AOR during crazy wx, even on training flight. =@

Maybe training to see how to cope with "pressure to stick to schedules, whether rain or snow"?

Date which it happened?

...but dunno why M53-01 push so hard to land at AOR during crazy wx, even on training flight. =@

..... so they are prepared to push hard during crazy wx when the need arises ?! :pardon:

(beaten to it by Mushrif :D)

Edited by BC Tam

Just wondering if the pilot gets to keep his job after taking his chances a bit too far.

Just wondering if the pilot gets to keep his job after taking his chances a bit too far.

Would he/she want to keep the job after a scare like that ?! :D

Captain's job at risk for now (information from insider). Date happen, i forgot, sometimes in early Feb.

Repair cost would be million ringgit of people's money.

Taken a week after the incident...

img6812a.jpg

Edited by Mohd Idham

Repair cost would be million ringgit of people's money.

I was thinking about insurance earlier. Is the BBJ self-insured or insured just like a commercial plane? I know it is military registered but it is still after all very much a civilian-spec. aircraft with no military capability.

I have some more recent photos with the cowlings & nose wheel removed. Looks more pitiful. But dont know how to put them up.

Here's another angle:

mdNa1.jpg?1

Strange that MAS Charter was not asked to step in to take folks to Yangon etc as there should be surplus 734s and 330s now...but with ancient cabins. Maybe certain folks are so used to getting around in style (although it is a fact that Treasury is not exactly flush with cash)

Guys, the plane went on soft ground, and manage to return on the runway, and taxi to military apron...with all the damage...!!!

Any broken lights and signs at the airport due to this incident?

Check out Idham's AOR Spotting post.

Check out Idham's AOR Spotting post.

Thanks, Captain. I did the homework and found the answer. :-)

It must be a rough ride in there during the excursion. How heinous!

Aiyah not to worry lah... if all fails can always borrow Sarawak's Challenger 605.

Don't count on it, seem like -ATM in bit of petulant mood lately :D

It is still in service. I spotted it in SZB in August/September last year.

Yeah..it was back in service after the incident however I checked on airframes.org, it seems the last time it was in the air was on 25th January.

It is not even seen during LIMA. A319CJ

has been operating Perdana 2 and Diraja flights for sometime now, probably the GLEX is not around too.

Sign in to follow this