MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Min Chun

International Air Disasters

In the thread" Air Disasters In Malaysia" ..there r quite a number of "OFF-TOPIC" air disasters.

So as Azmal and Pieter said, start a new one here! Continue guys! As an aspiring pilots, really interested to know more about all the true stories. I hope you guys are too! :)

Some worst accident that really bother me was:

TWA 800- B747-100

American Airlines (unsure with flight number) Airbus A300 crash over new york

Northwest Airline DC9-82 over detroid

Alaska MD-82 over pacific

these are some US worst crash which killed everyone on board, except the NWA DC9, one survivor.

Azuddin

The 4 year old, the only survivor is truely amazing! Any factors that why he/she is safe?

The 4 years old is a girl. i have no clue how she survive. It's an incredible miracle. Ogrish.com has a collection of picture from the crash site (my warning don't look at it if you not ready) the pictures is very disturbing. from the look of the wreckage, you may think that no one could survive.

about that girl, some of my friend (older then me) says that the girl was thrown out of the aircraft when it break apart. one of my other friend who was there during that time says that the girl was found unconcious and away from the wreckage, for some reason she maybe fell off before the plane came to rest on the highway.

Azuddin

Guest Fendy

the one air disaster that still sends chills down my spine is the tenerife tragedy involving the KLM and pan american.

collision between planes also remind me of the British Airways Trident and Inex Adria DC-9 which collide in midair and crash. No survivor on this one.

Not to forget American Airline DC-10 crash after lost the starboard engine during rotation at Chicago ORD. Also no survivor and with ground casualties.

Azuddin

the Alaska MD-82 also another worst one. it' very unexpected how the stabilizer broke off.

also the Aeroperu 757, which crash because some aluminium foil covered the altitude scensor, cousing it to crash over the south atlantic killing all.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

The NLM cityhopper Fokker F28 which crashed at Moerdijk in the Netherlands, after take-off from Rotterdam, enroute to Eindhoven and Paris, while passing a thunderstorm...it experienced turbulence that "heavy", a wing broke-off and it crashed ...

A 757 DHL crashing with a Russian plane just happened when I got accepted as a cadet into SQ. But it definitely did not stop me. Poor thing, the Russian jet was full of children on a school trip.

From a.netters :)

LH 380 Hijacked

Just a fun joke accident.......is this count as disaster too :p :D :lol:

woah,

did the author open the time portal or do time travel for the news, look at the date :lol: .

quiet funny though, hijacked by autopilot.

Azuddin

A 757 DHL crashing with a Russian plane just happened when I got accepted as a cadet into SQ. But it definitely did not stop me. Poor thing, the Russian jet was full of children on a school trip.

You should watch the recreation of that tragedy on Nat Geo's Air Crash Investigation. Surreal is an understatement.

Edited by H Azmal

The air traffic controller was subsequently murdered by a hitman who was hired by one of the parents of the school kids...

The air traffic controller was subsequently murdered by a hitman who was hired by one of the parents of the school kids...

Ridiculous :blink: looks like the world is so small. God, I just wandering whose my flight controller from EWR to IAH, very bumpy ride, wish can kill him :p

Would you guys consider these two incidents as "disasters"? Could they have been avoided?:

1) KAL airliner shot down by a USSR (Russian?) fighter

2) Iran Air airliner shot down by a US missile ship.

Would you guys consider these two incidents as "disasters"? Could they have been avoided?:

what about the DHL A300 which were rocketed in iraq. landed safely with major damage on the left wing.

i'm afraid some of these accident are on purpose :unsure: .

Azuddin

BOth crashes have the distinctive feature of involving the US - it however denied all wrongdoing.

In (1) so many proof prior to and in the aftermath of the crash point to deliberate 'straying' into the USSR air space which only the US intel could benefit from.

In (2) I'll let G H W Bush do the talking:

"I will never apologize for the United States of America, ever. I don't care what it has done. I don't care what the facts are." (Newsweek, August 15, 1988)
Edited by H Azmal

Azzudin, may i know some detail about the TWA 800 crash? i missed it documentary which broadcast at National Geography Channel few weeks ago...

<_ also anyone heard that about ten years ago a aircraft break into two parts during take off at taiwan and it china airline but now is bankrupt... thanks in advance...>

Azzudin, may i know some detail about the TWA 800 crash? i missed it documentary which broadcast at National Geography Channel few weeks ago...

<_ also anyone heard that about ten years ago a aircraft break into two parts during take off at taiwan and it china airline but now is bankrupt... thanks in advance...>

the link provided by Azmal is good one about TWA 800. this incident occured in 1996. the b747-100 took off from JFK enroute CDG. based on national geographic, the plane split in the center and exploded before crashing into the atlantic.

about the taiwan incident, I'm not sure. there's a china airline B747-200 which crash over straits of taiwan 4 years ago and killed all pax 225:225

thank you very much.... btw, Azuddin, that crash is told by my teacher. the aircraft broke into two parts during rotate on the runway... :)

The one CAL mentioned by Azuddin, I heard that as well..

And another one, although not wasnt disaster, but if not mistaken, they(CAL 747-400) were cruising and suddenly they fell 10k feet in a sudden..Everyone was screaming&yelling like hell. Fortunately, our HEROs , that's the flight deck crews save all the lives! Respect to them!

Edited by Min Chun

thank you very much.... btw, Azuddin, that crash is told by my teacher. the aircraft broke into two parts during rotate on the runway... :)

SIA 9V-SPK (B747-400-Tropical Megatop scheme) did crash during rotate at TPE. but the plane split into 3.

i will keep my eye on the crash that you mentioned. anyway, any exact location and year of htat one?

Azuddin

Many SQ 747(SPK in Tropical Megatop Scheme) can be found in A.net..But be ready before u search the pictures!

I heard that the pilot taxing to the wrong runway and they only discovered when they were rotating and meet a "cari makan" on runway. They tried to pull up the aircraft, but no doubt how they tried, still crashed..this is what i heard. Not sure whether it's correct or not:)