MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Syed A Ridhwan

Kiwi plane makes distress landing

Kiwi plane makes distress landing

KOTA KINABALU: A Royal New Zealand Air Force aircraft made an emergency landing following problems to its hydraulics system.

The aircraft, carrying between 12 and 15 airforce personnel, turned back after taking off from the Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) for Australia at 10.32am yesterday.

Malaysia Airports Berhad senior airport manager Kamaruzzaman Razali said the Boeing 757 aircraft touched down seven minutes later.

n_37plane.jpg

Grounded: The Royal New Zealand Air Force jet at KKIA after its emergency landing.

The aircraft will be parked at the KKIA's Terminal 1 overnight to allow the airforce technicians to rectify the glitch.

The Star

Operator: New Zealand - Air Force

Plane: Boeing 757-2K2

1940656.jpg

Airliners.net

It was good that the plane landed safely.

It looks like RNZAF aircraft do visit Malaysia quite often - here is the sister plane, NZ7571, spotted at Subang (NZ7572 is the plane grounded in BKI):195642.jpg

There is an ongoing discussion here: http://www.malaysian...ndpost&p=302184

Edited by flee

Hi guys,

Funny enough. I stay near Whanupai Air base in Auckland and the other day I saw this RNZAF 757 plane with the weirdest noise and was going around and round. I told my wife, sumthing wasnt rite with that plane. True enough.... This was like Monday/Tuesday!!

They might be training up for the airshow? I have been inside NZ7571 during the airshow day in 2007 while NZ7572 performed the stun of steep climb in front of the public.

The plane just came back from SIN for C-check. Imagine you just send your car for service and it came back with serious problem. The only thing here is you can't just stop a plane at the roadside.

The only thing here is you can't just stop a plane at the roadside.

So they did the next best thing - stop it at the seaside! ;)

i saw this plane departing 2 days ago. i tough it belong to France air force coz i saw the blue white red color. didn't know that the plane return back to KKIA.

Sign in to follow this