MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Royal Brunei 787 Dreamliner

Look like KUL need a new aircraft signage on the parking bay floor.. :lol:

Thought they will be 787 ready... Seems like they are still L-1011, AB3, 310, MD11 and DC-10 ready... never mind the fact that some of those types are no longer in service.

Thanks for sharing KS Ong, great pictures. Just to ask and confirm U on the belly's color. Is it dark grey or black? :D

It looks more towards dark grey. Plane seems better looking compared to the airbuses with their lighter shade of grey. Still prefer the old livery though but was told it would defeat the weight saving features of the dreamliner.

Hey all, I finally managed to get myself some access to internet.

Nice to meet some of you at KLIA, although in the end, some of you opted to offload voluntarily.

Overall, it was a great experience.

Positive: The cabin pressurisation and climate control are really good, I reached Brunei feeling refreshed. I was able to take a short nap. The mood lighting was indeed something special. The seat was spacious and comfortable. The crews are very nice and helpful, much better than some MH crew, IMO. The washroom is really spacious with two lids, one for adult, one for kids. It also has full length mirror and mirror with those celebrity lighting in the WC.

Negative points: The IFE selection is really limited. The meal was too little. The new plastic cutleries. The delay. The food voucher (ok, better than nothing).

I tried to ask for the souvenir packs for our friends who got offloaded but the crew kept saying the ran out already. Little did they realised I was observing them distributing the remainders among themselves when I asked them to fill in my log book. :( As for those who got offloaded, CV, LCS, Rayner and Waiping especially, please do ask for the souvenir packs when they call you. I had asked my friend working here at RBA HQ to ensure this is done.

I didn't manage to visit the cockpit although the flight instructor had arranged for me. Upon landing, the Boeing Support team came on-board immediately to investigate what went wrong at KLIA earlier. The crews were rushing as they were preparing the plane for short turnaround to Singapore which was delayed as well.

I recall reading about the "ownership" on BB or BT. It's incorrect.

LCAL is from Dubai. ALAFCO is Kuwait.

Thanks for the correction. LCAL went bust, Royal Brunei took over the delivery slots, from I was told by RB staff on last 19th Oct.

Edited by JuliusWong

Just wondering the problematic engine #2, is it the same engine that gave problem just before delivery?

From what my friend told me, the second engine won't 'hooked on' to the computer system despite multiple reboot. Keep showing "Error in system". As to what really went wrong, only the Boeing crews know. The press media here mentioned about the four hours plus delay.....lolx.

The load was 96 pax out of 254pax for BI872.

RB had updated their fleet info page with a very detailed seat configuration for their 787. http://www.flyroyalbrunei.com/brunei/products-and-services/fleet-information/

Edited by JuliusWong

Thanks for sharing KS Ong, great pictures. Just to ask and confirm U on the belly's color. Is it dark grey or black? :D

It's light black LOL :glare: In real life it looks to me like a very deep shade of grey, defo a good improvement over their Airbus fleet's shade of grey.

I tried to ask for the souvenir packs for our friends who got offloaded but the crew kept saying the ran out already. Little did they realised I was observing them distributing the remainders among themselves when I asked them to fill in my log book. :(

This was so unprofessional of them, and very disgraceful behaviour indeed. You should've made a complaint afterwards.

ROYAL Brunei (RB) airlines will be utilising the Boeing 787 for Manila and Kota Kinabalu routes starting today.

According to the national carrier’s online schedule, updated until the end of November, Manila flights will commence starting today.

The Dreamliner will fly the route twice weekly, every Wednesday and Sunday.

The Kota Kinabalu flights will happen four times a week, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, starting November 4.
The latest schedule said that these services are “prior to commencement of (the Dreamliner)’s Brunei to London, via Dubai, service” which is slated to start on December 1.

“Our B787 Dreamliner service from Brunei to Melbourne is scheduled to commence in the 2nd quarter of 2014,” stated the newest schedule.

The flag carrier earlier said that it was looking to strengthen its regional routes and plans to use the Dreamliner it has acquired for these destinations initially.

In an interview, Maswadi Hj Mohsin, chief officer of Group Services at RB, said that the carrier was eyeing new routes in Southeast Asia, other parts of Australia, Middle Asia, and “probably India”, among other markets.

Maswadi also said that the Dreamliner would to ply regional routes “for the first few months” following its delivery.

The plane is designed to seat between 210 to 290 passengers; however no official comment could be reached on the expectant occupancy of the plane for the Manila routes as of press time.

The carrier in May beefed up its flights to Kuala Lumpur to twice daily, indicating that it saw potential in servicing demands to and from its neighboring country.

This increase to 14 flights weekly comes shortly after an announcement of an increase to 11 weekly flights effective March 30.

The boost in flights was aimed to “better serve the strong flow of business and leisure traffic in both directions on this route”.

RB flights to Kuala Lumpur would continue to be jointly marketed with Malaysia Airlines through a joint code share agreement.

RB acquired the first of five Dreamliners earlier this month. It had its inaugural flight to Singapore last week, after which it went to Malaysia where it encountered a four-hour delay due to issues.

The four other Dreamliners will be arriving over the next eight months, officials have said.

The Brunei Times

almost every news report i read about RB 787, must have a mention about that 4hr delay

How many 787s has RBA ordered?

Only 5. I'm still hoping they will wake up and make this airline the Emirates of SEA.

Have you guys seen this? Has it been posted?

BI 787 being put together...

Where is the slow-mo version. :p

Souvenir for all got offloaded being arranged. Wait for good news. :)

do I get one as well? ;)

should have taken the flight had i known they offered those compensation..instead of them sending me on the direct, PACKED MH flight to BKI (seated last row on 9M-FFC...adding to my misery :glare: )

Edited by Nick R.

Only 5. I'm still hoping they will wake up and make this airline the Emirates of SEA.

Looks like they are allocating 3 aircraft for daily BWN-DXB-LHR run and a further two for daily BWN-MEL?

May not be enough 787 left for other destinations

Edited by S V Choong