MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Royal Brunei 787 Dreamliner

That's just a generic mock-up. BI's 787 has 3-3-3 layout in economy.

Haven't decided yet - if anything it'll be somewhere in the middle of november :p - I was thinking of heading to BKI to meet up with some friends and BI has a through fare from KUL-BKI. Imagine that... two international flights to make a domestic trip :)

Been there , done that, yes it does look a bit odd though sometimes I cant seem to price KUL-BWN-BKI, but can always do BKI-BWN-KUL.

I will be doing KUL-BWN on 19th October 2013....

Aircraft type?

Aircraft type?

Obviously he's not going to be dumb enough to go for the second BI flight that uses an A320 or an A319.

Thought it was very much pretty obvious what the topic was all about.

Aircraft type?

Obviously he's not going to be dumb enough to go for the second BI flight that uses an A320 or an A319.

Oct 19th to BWN with B787, coming back to KL with A319 on 27th Oct. B787 flight to KL is zero-ed out for BWN-KUL for rest of the month don't know why....

Oct 19th to BWN with B787, coming back to KL with A319 on 27th Oct. B787 flight to KL is zero-ed out for BWN-KUL for rest of the month don't know why....

The 787 service to KUL on 19th is a one-off. More "regular" service commences in Nov, maybe once -DLB is available. After BI871/19 Oct, -DLA will do the twice daily runs to SIN for the rest of Oct.

Maybe he got BI-ed like I did. Booked KUL - BWN - BKI on the 01 Nov and the itinerary clearly stated equipment was B787. Checked last week and the flight was changed to A319 :(. I'm gonna cancel the trip, take whatever is left after the penalty, maybe fly AK to KUL to spot the B787 instead.

No luck with inaugurals, my supposedly MH A380 to NRT last December was also cancelled by myself due to equipment change.

Maybe he got BI-ed like I did. Booked KUL - BWN - BKI on the 01 Nov and the itinerary clearly stated equipment was B787. Checked last week and the flight was changed to A319 :(. I'm gonna cancel the trip, take whatever is left after the penalty, maybe fly AK to KUL to spot the B787 instead.

No luck with inaugurals, my supposedly MH A380 to NRT last December was also cancelled by myself due to equipment change.

Haha, can relate to this. Booked on EK A380 early last year for KUL-DXB, then got crack problem. Whole A380 fleet grounded, we got an old B777 instead. Feeling sore till today!

I am not so kiasu - I never take anything for granted, especially when it comes to the B787!

Better to book SIN-BWN if want to try. But then I think I'd rather wait for Jetstar or Scoot to commence definitive scheduled services...

I am not so kiasu - I never take anything for granted, especially when it comes to the B787!

Better to book SIN-BWN if want to try. But then I think I'd rather wait for Jetstar or Scoot to commence definitive scheduled services...

The thing is the B787 should be stable by now. Went to their office last week to get confirmation and they told me the definitive schedule would be 1 Dec to LHR. Seriously, B787 over A380?

Hey Waiping, how are you mate? No worries for 19th October, the B787 is locked in for BWN-KUL return. A number of VIPs are onboard as well. My friend working with BI has double confirmed with me BI871/BI872 will be operated with B787 -DLA! Go ahead and book! :)

The thing is the B787 should be stable by now. Went to their office last week to get confirmation and they told me the definitive schedule would be 1 Dec to LHR. Seriously, B787 over A380?

I always have a soft spot for BI so I wouldn't mind giving up A380 for B787. To be honest it's a pain on the backside to get on and off the plane as big as an A380... :) It's a shame that I still couldn't find a way to book LHR-BWN-KCH, despite the fact that BI is now codesharing with MAswing on the KCH-BWN sector.

I just hope that the 9 abreast seating isn't as bad as 10-abreast on a 777...

Hey Waiping, how are you mate? No worries for 19th October, the B787 is locked in for BWN-KUL return. A number of VIPs are onboard as well. My friend working with BI has double confirmed with me BI871/BI872 will be operated with B787 -DLA! Go ahead and book! :)

Thanks. I'll try to sort it out within the next few days.

MAS put their dugong to service immediately after receiving it.. I wonder why other operator like RB need to keep them in hangar,do some short-haul flight for training.. It does not make sense business-wise

BI's 787 hasn't been flying since delivery flight?

.. I wonder why other operator like RB need to keep them in hangar,do some short-haul flight for training.. It does not make sense business-wise

BI is not a business entity (more of a social obligation thing)

Otherwise her existence would have ceased long time ago

Hence, different set of sense/logic/priority applies :)

Edited by BC Tam

MAS put their dugong to service immediately after receiving it.. I wonder why other operator like RB need to keep them in hangar,do some short-haul flight for training.. It does not make sense business-wise

If you were referring to MH's very first A380- that's totally untrue - never did happen. I stand corrected if your definition of "immediately" is a "few weeks". But it was about a month before the first MH A380 operated its first commercial flight.

BI can do some cabin familiarisation training whilst the 787 in the hangar, amongst others. I suspect BI is planning to throw a party to welcome the new addition to the fleet ....but only after the "ASEAN festivities" are done ... to maximise the PR impact.

the big celebration/Launching of a Betterfly is tomorrow night

The plane will be flying around/test run around Brunei starting Monday 14 October

source:@tweeting787 twitter

BI is not a business entity (more of a social obligation thing)

Otherwise her existence would have ceased long time ago

Hence, different set of sense/logic/priority applies :)

but the government cannot be pumping money again n again.at least they need to break-even

Edited by Teo

no idea how to post a picture.wanted to post a picture.thanks zeqa for the tips.a picture from tonight launch courtesy of a friend

03f8b034333e11e39d9c22000ab69be4_6.jpg

A Betterfly for RB

Edited by Teo

68c97910333b11e3844022000a1f9adf_8.jpg

Teo- go to webstagram and sign in. Over there- You can save the pics

68c97910333b11e3844022000a1f9adf_8.jpg

Teo- go to webstagram and sign in. Over there- You can save the pics

no idea how to post a picture.wanted to post a picture.thanks zeqa for the tips.a picture from tonight launch courtesy of a friend

03f8b034333e11e39d9c22000ab69be4_6.jpg

A Betterfly for RB

No problem. You can select the size too. WOW- I didn't there's a big event for it. LOL...