MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Royal Brunei 787 Dreamliner

Looks like they are allocating 3 aircraft for daily BWN-DXB-LHR run and a further two for daily BWN-MEL?

May not be enough 787 left for other destinations

Not quite so. Only 1x 788 is needed to do BWN-MEL daily and 2x 788 for BWN-DXB-LHR daily. So BI will still have 2 spares.

Not quite so. Only 1x 788 is needed to do BWN-MEL daily and 2x 788 for BWN-DXB-LHR daily. So BI will still have 2 spares.

BI is only expecting delivery of 4 787s. The fifth one may not be delivered to BI.

BI is only expecting delivery of 4 787s. The fifth one may not be delivered to BI.

Did they order 5 Dreamliner? I always think they order only 4 Dreamliner in the beginning.

Only 5. I'm still hoping they will wake up and make this airline the Emirates of SEA.

LOL. I think they are really focused on regional route. The airline will be good as they are now. I don't think they want to expand further. RBA was a bit ambitious in the 90s. I hope they will change those small airbus to the new B737.

Researched a bit deeper on this matter...RBA did later acquire the rights to the LCAL order and have ownership to the aircraft. A local Islamic bank provided the financing (though it was effectively left to right pocket). So though we werent convinced by the local media due to lack of details, it was actually accurate reporting.

I see. I dint know LCAL Dubai base company went bust. I think RBA see buying is better than lease?

Designated Royal craft to replace their 767-200ER?

Continuing where I left off.

The VIPs are treated with dance performance, a way of showing them Malaysia's multi-cultural society.

787025Ceremony1200_zpsd399c361.jpg

787026Dancers1200_zpsd3e98fce.jpg

Other formalities such as speeches, memento exchanges are next. Welcoming speech by Dato' Azmi Murad, Senior General Manager, Ops Services, MAHB.

787027Speach1200_zps70e701d1.jpg

787028Listen1200_zps15c0cdc5.jpg

I got to know that it is a KLIA tradition for every new aircraft or new airline that lands in KLIA, there is always a cake cutting to commemorate the event.

787028aCake1200_zps00385e92.jpg

Waiting waiting for the media to board the 787. Once all the formalities are done, we were then ushered in.

787029WaitToBoard1200_zps61456b13.jpg

Captains busy with paperwork. Generous seating pitch for Biz Class

787031Captains1200_zps97c338a7.jpg

Posing for 'romantic' flying experience.

787035Couple1200_zps58e08599.jpg

Reclining the seat into flat bed

787032BizSeats1200_zps18399bc2.jpg

787033BizFlatBed1200_zpsb29b072b.jpg

Having a feel with Boeing's Sky Interior

787034SkyInterior1200_zps62a1e13c.jpg

Wide and spacious flight deck. Everyone is just super busy

787036Cockpit1200_zpsd352d72e.jpg

The moment all passengers been waiting for. Boarding. Mwingers on the prowl... Apologies for the blurriness. Everyone is just excited!.

787038Baim1200_zpsb651281c.jpg

787039CS1200_zpsbdbbe22f.jpg

787042WPRyan1200_zps3aa89e8f.jpg

787041Azuan1200_zps788a273a.jpg

787040Norman1200_zpsac811800.jpg

Just to share the economy seat slides to the front when recline.

Boeing staff captained a Royal Brunei flight KUL-BWN ?

(or am I not reading this correctly ?)

You did not read this correctly. There were two captain-ranked pilots in the cockpit. BI's chief pilot Capt Saiful Bahrin (who ferried -DLA from PAE to BWN) was always in the left seat.

..... - don't waste money on this leg alone. flight is all of 25 minutes including 5 minutes with the seatbelt sign off.....

Aiyoh, don't do ice bucket challenge on this lah :D

BI already scheduled 40 minutes each way - who knows, maybe do a few loops up there just to lepak sikit ? :)

BI already scheduled 40 minutes each way - who knows, maybe do a few loops up there just to lepak sikit ? :)

Haha - don't want people waste money mah :p

Well true...my last flight BI A320 from BWN to BKI, I remembered it to be low flying and the crew didn't even have the time to distribute drinks!

Well true...my last flight BI A320 from BWN to BKI, I remembered it to be low flying and the crew didn't even have the time to distribute drinks!

When I did my BI BWN BKI 787 flight the drinks were given pre takeoff. During the short cruise they went around collecting back all the cups

When I did my BI BWN BKI 787 flight the drinks were given pre takeoff. During the short cruise they went around collecting back all the cups

Yeah when I did BKI BWN many years ago, the drink run was done before push back. The cups were also collected before take off. IIRC we were given cold towels on the ground too. During the flight the crew only came round with a tray of full of sweets...they were popular with the kids!

I guess these cabin crews do learn from their seniors' past experiences :D

Years ago (decades actually) CX used to do HKG-BWN-BKI-HKG (or vv) triangular runs - hot tea/coffee being part of the menu

Needless to say, things got pretty frantic on BWN-BKI and BKI-BWN sectors, even without favourable tail winds :)

Then, you also get the odd one or two who insist on ordering a hot coffee aboard BKI-LBU (or vv) - that was era before common sense prevailed :)

Try your luck during the stormy season. Maybe you will do 40 minutes holding around BKI while waiting for the weather to clear.

I was on the A320 and I didn't remember drinks were distributed on ground after we boarded. Though I remembered towels were given. Age must have caught up with me, even thought it was nearly two years ago.