MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Royal Brunei 787 Dreamliner

from the Borneo Bulletin

second Dreamliner would arrive in Brunei early next month, with further deliveries due in January and February next year. The fifth unit will be delivered at a later date.

"We are honoured to be the first airline to operate the Dreamliner to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. A big welcome ceremony is planned for the aircraft at KLIA including the traditional water cannon salute," said Mannion.

from the Brunei Times

The Minister also announced an ongoing review of Brunei's policy on regional air services in a rapidly evolving sector, noting that the Ministry of Communications had detected positive interests to form regional airlines among interested parties in the nation.

"In this regard, the ministry will be issuing a public consultation paper as part of the policy review exercise... The feedback received will become valuable input in the policy review. With such course, the Ministry of Communications will be conducting an iterative process before making the final policy call on regional air services operating in Brunei Darussalam," he announced.

In an interview with The Brunei Times, YB Pehin Dato Haji Abdullah clarified: "Not yet (for a date). But it will be before the end of this year certainly. We have two or three people interested in forming airlines. We would like to provide some sort of basic things about airlines business. Just imagine, a plane like this costs hundreds of millions. You can't just form an airlines without the cost of operations, passengers... It's not so much risk from anything else but from a business risk... you're buying an important asset. You're flying people. You must know where your revenues are going to come from, where your market is. We find that... in the applications, this information is missing."

Congratulations BI...its 787 biz class seats easily trumps MH's A380 biz class hardware...I like that ottoman.

(too bad you still need to wake up in the middle of the nite for those DXB stops on the LHR service)

http://www.bt.com.bn/news-national/2013/10/13/dreamliner-launches-aviation-revamp

The PTV in Y is like those on malindo's 739ERs.

Those J seats are identical to the TK 333/77W. I think CA also uses them along with a few other airlines. It's very comfortable seat that mostly hits the right notes. :)

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Seems like DLA is finally airborne, presumably doing some TnG at BWN currently.

1379324_10152531526406091_678772823_n.jp

Those J seats are identical to the TK 333/77W. I think CA also uses them along with a few other airlines. It's very comfortable seat that mostly hits the right notes. :)

That's great! I've flown both TK 77W and CA A332 before and I do like the J seats... especially the TK ones.

Does anyone know what's the legroom in Y? 32" I guess?

Looking forward to seeing trip reports in both J and Y !

Edited by H C Chai

TnG and crew familiarazation. It just took off again a moment ago for I don't know how many times today. Was told last batch of training for the day will be around 2-3am :lazy:

Seems like DLA is finally airborne, presumably doing some TnG at BWN currently.

1379324_10152531526406091_678772823_n.jp

Hmmm; all of a sudden I'm thinking about a SBW-BKI-BWN-BKI-SBW trip,just to try out the BI 787. :rolleyes:

Do it! It will be much more difficult to catch them once they are in the long haul roster.

Insya-Allah MAR; will do that,should time and condition permits.Thanks for the encouragement! :good:

KUL-BWN-KUL is RM453 (incl tax)

Yup and RM480 (incl tax) in certain date on Sunday. Both return equipment via B787.

BKI/BWN/BKI at RM251 and RM461 (incl tax)

363.00 MYR Total price for all travellers

Kuala Lumpur to Bandar Seri Begawan Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:20 - 14:40

Bandar Seri Begawan to Kota Kinabalu Saturday, November 16, 2013 16:25 - 17:05

Airline(s): Royal Brunei

Planning for booking KUL/BWN/BKI via B787 on this date. Just scared if 1st flight delayed, so is it ok to proceed with only transit time 1 hour 45 minutes?

Planning for booking KUL/BWN/BKI via B787 on this date. Just scared if 1st flight delayed, so is it ok to proceed with only transit time 1 hour 45 minutes?

I booked precisely same route/flight number one week earlier. Yes it is okay to proceed with this transit time as it is 1) a legal connection as defined by their systems 2) a protected itinerary, as it is one ticket anyway. In ALL likelihood, if you look at the flight timings, the plane that will operate your BI872 will be the same one that operates your BI825.

..... so is it ok to proceed with only transit time 1 hour 45 minutes?

BI managed to get us through with scheduled 40 minutes before at BWN, and that with a change of aircraft too :)

Edited by BC Tam

I booked precisely same route/flight number one week earlier. Yes it is okay to proceed with this transit time as it is 1) a legal connection as defined by their systems 2) a protected itinerary, as it is one ticket anyway. In ALL likelihood, if you look at the flight timings, the plane that will operate your BI872 will be the same one that operates your BI825.

Suzanne and BC Tam, thanks for advise. I was think they will operate same aircraft for BI872 and BI825.

Suzanne and BC Tam, thanks for advise. I was think they will operate same aircraft for BI872 and BI825.

I believe you are right, but the schedule is flexible enough to swap if needed. On Saturdays - both morning runs to KUL and SIN return to BWN at about 1430/1440 or so. Either one can then do the

1625 run to BKI, return to BWN and rest for the night. The other one not going to BKI does the 1830 to SIN , returning at close to midnight.

I think if there's a delay in either one inbound back to BWN, the late one will end up getting assigned to the 1830 to SIN instead. The earlier one goes to BKI as BI825.

1349397c34b111e3a39d22000ae80022_8.jpg

BTW- I'm going back to Brunei via Dubai next year in Late March- Will I get a chance to use this aircraft or use the RBA777?

Edited by zeqa