MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Royal Brunei 787 Dreamliner

RBA must be in a bad shape, buying an old A320 from Tiger... :shok:

Not even bought, it is leased from CIT Aerospace of USA. The 'new' A320 was produced at the same time as RBA's two current A320s.

They have never ever been in a great shape, in the first place. It is just that only in recent years have they admitted the reality. In the early years, they pretended they were in great shape as the financials were (and still are) quite opaque anyway.

rbab787.png

Detalis of RBA B787-8M6 cabin configuration are out.

Total of 5 will be delivered through leasing company LCAL of Dubai. First delivery Sept 2013 till early 2015.

Total number of seats: 254 with Business Class and Economy Class

J class: 18 seats, three rows

Seat pitch: 79"

Seat Configuration: 2-2-2

Y class: 236 seats, approximately 26+ rows

Seat pitch: 34"

Seat Configuration: 3-3-3

The delivery will come with new in-flight experience with new IFE system, new pillows and blankets and new cutlery. New uniforms will also be rolled out soon.

Their loads out of MEL have been doing very well, most flights have been up to near capacity, can't wait to welcome their 787's here and can't wait to see what new product offerings they will have onboard !

Their loads out of MEL have been doing very well, most flights have been up to near capacity, can't wait to welcome their 787's here and can't wait to see what new product offerings they will have onboard !

Where did you get the data from? I don't know but at the time of booking my December flights with them, the economy section looked pretty empty to me!

was planning to return from melbourne on 8th of dec but was told flight fully booked,end up on a 9dec flight

anticipating the 787 Dreamliner, btw saw in some local blogs saw someone wearing 787 Dreamliner T-shirt nothing special though black colour with 787 dreamliner & Rb logo

was planning to return from melbourne on 8th of dec but was told flight fully booked,end up on a 9dec flight

anticipating the 787 Dreamliner, btw saw in some local blogs saw someone wearing 787 Dreamliner T-shirt nothing special though black colour with 787 dreamliner & Rb logo

I am on the 9 Dec flight as well :)

I only booked on Monday 29 Oct... I checked the price last night and has gone from AUD$693.50 per adult one way to AUD$1150 one way on 9 Dec!

I am on the 9 Dec flight as well :)

I only booked on Monday 29 Oct... I checked the price last night and has gone from AUD$693.50 per adult one way to AUD$1150 one way on 9 Dec!

early oct the one way fare was around AU$620 or $660+ oneway, but the abacus fair fare wasnt any attractive either B$1300 return Melbourne-Brunei-Melbourne (3 month validity ticket)

seems that ex Australia fares are slightly more expensive

As the holidays are near, MEL is especially busy during NOV-FEB, its not uncommon to see airlines filling their seats fast during this period, many are already booked out on certain days! BI are marketing themselves as a boutique airline and many people exMEL take advantage of their fairly priced fairs going to Asia and onto LHR. Information can be taken from the ABS website (although not public)

Singapore Airlines B772 9V-SVC operated yesterday's SQ225/225 Singapore to Perth & return services, previously with Royal Brunei Airlines.

The new scheme does nothing to enhance the airline's identity, and the 787 will have little impact on the airlines successes moving forward with intense competition on markets it shares with its direct competitors within the asian region.

Well, does getting new airplane improves the operations of RBA and turn profitable? But then, as many would have said earlier, RBA is an extension of the government, thus profitability or not is not a concern. With the new airplanes, I am sure new contracts for maintenance etc., will be called for and most beneficial to the circles of relatives controlling the airline's ground facilities.

news from brunei times RB to buy new aircraft for short haul routes

ROYAL Brunei Airlines (RB) is in the closing stages of procuring "brand new" aircraft for short haul flights beginning 2015.

Deputy Chairman of RB Dermot Mannion said that RB was currently at the end of an evaluation process which new aircraft to add to the fleet of short haul flights.

Referring the Brunei International Airport's $150 million modernisation project, as well as developments taking place RB, Mannion said "these are great moments of excitement and anticipation for Brunei."

With the arrival of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner in "a matter of a few weeks", Mannion said that those flying around the region between the period of October and December may also get a chance to experience the aircraft as RB will be flying the aircraft on regionally selected routes.

RB's targeted date for the 787's first long haul flight is December 1 this year, with the plane's shorter haul flight set to give "the public a feel of what this wonderful aircraft is going to look like."

RB will be the first carrier in South East Asia to deploy the Deamliner. Mannion has previously in an interview dubbed the aircraft as "game changer" for both for RB and "indeed the entire industry, incorporating the best in class passenger comfort and amenities."

In an interview with Breaking Travel News in September last year, he added that the aircraft would be used on "daily services to Dubai, London and Melbourne."

Shortest haul would be BWN - BKI!