MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Zamir

Airliner runs off taxiway at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport

A Delta Air Lines plane undergoing maintenance testing ran off a taxiway and down an embankment at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport early Tuesday.Delta spokesman Eric Torbenson said mechanics were testing the engines of the Boeing 737-700 around 5 a.m. when the incident occurred. There were no passengers on the jet.The plane ran off the end of a taxiway adjacent to Runway 26-L and over an embankment near the northeast corner of the airfield.There were no injuries to the two mechanics on board the plane, which Torbenson said sustained "significant damage."Delta spokesman Anthony Black said late Tuesday morning that “the cause is undetermined and under investigation.”The plane had flown into Atlanta from southern California's John Wayne Airport Monday night, according to the FlightAware flight tracking website.Runway 26-L was closed following the incident. At 9:30 a.m., flights were departing, but not arriving, on that runway

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/airliner-runs-off-taxiway-1383139.html

on Sunday, 9M-MQF nose gear sunked at KBR after the pilot took a wrong taxiway.

On Sunday 11th March u mean? Which flight number because I'm onboard 9M-MQF for flight MH1427 KBR-KUL on early morning but never heard this incident.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

MH1405 on March 11. Was surprised that no one mentioned anything about it here.

on Sunday, 9M-MQF nose gear sunked at KBR after the pilot took a wrong taxiway.

You sure it was the wrong taxiway? Because from what I heard, it happened as he was vacating the runway via taxiway Echo but I can't confirm it.

Yeah, the night flight. The return flight has been delayed until 0030hrs.

They managed to pull the plane sunken front gear and new set of cockpit crew flew the flight back on Monday 12th of March.

And today, 14th of March, I am on that MQF.

MH1405 on March 11. Was surprised that no one mentioned anything about it here.

You sure it was the wrong taxiway? Because from what I heard, it happened as he was vacating the runway via taxiway Echo but I can't confirm it.

Correction, SM Tang is right, it happened while he was vacating the runway, and he got stuck. But the incident wasn't the first, 2 incidents happened before involving AK birds (according to my friend), and MH MQF was the third victim.

Not enough lighting at KBR perhaps?

MH 1405 is KBR-KUL so they could not have been vacating the runway. No news on what happened yet so far though

I stand corrected.

Sign in to follow this