MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Moana Ishak

B777 Xwind Ldg Test. Dedicate to TK and Leech. Something to share..

tQ..nice ones..we can actually see how strong the landing gears are.

nice shot, reverse thrust.

wow....TK, LeeCH: did you experience x-winds and landings like these ???

Kader, indeed, amazed how strong these landing-gears are, although, I guess the planes were quite light...

Guys, did you notice the rudder deflection, once on the runway (to keep straight) ???...just amazing...Moana, thanks a lot for sharing - something nice for me to do once flying "my" little Cessna 152/172 again :lol:

Isn't that the same video put up by Azuddin on Feb 18 further down?

"It's a Crosswind Certification Test video on B777 and 747SP. Awesome angle and a matching backgrond music - Enigma- Return to innocent

Crosswind video

Azuddin"

Just an off-topic question: Moana, I wonder where you are from..... As the name Moana in NZ is of Maori or Pacific Island origin. :)

No need to apologise lah Maam. We all visit the same websites and sometimes two people have the same idea to share something interesting with the rest. Ok or not , Moderator?

No need to apologise lah Maam . We all visit the same websites and sometimes two people have the same idea to share something interesting with the rest. Ok or not , Moderator?

Attan, bila u jadi anak dia pula? :lol:

Ya..jsut discover..same video!

Anyways, thanks!

Yes its me Ona. Wing? well i already started with AirAsia last month. still ground school... on the A320. i graduated August 05.

Just an off-topic question: Moana, I wonder where you are from..... As the name Moana in NZ is of Maori or Pacific Island origin. :)

Im from KUL, malaysia. well....my parents got that name from Hawaii...

i have a friend (rugby player) from NZ... gf's name is Moana.

Attan, bila u jadi anak dia pula? :lol:

Ya..jsut discover..same video!

Anyways, thanks!

maam. not as is mother.

Ma'am. good morning ma'am.... good evening ma'am... thank you ma'am... :D

Yes its me Ona. Wing? well i already started with AirAsia last month. still ground school... on the A320. i graduated August 05.

Oooo...the A320. I caught The Red Devils last week. See some pics here:

http://ny6.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_ny6_archive.html

Scroll to the bottom of page.

.naim

Ma'am. good morning ma'am.... good evening ma'am... thank you ma'am... :D

Yes, and if you travel to the US, you better get used to ma'am-ing the ladies, esp. the ones at immigration, security and check-in counters. :D

.naim

Yes, and if you travel to the US, you better get used to ma'am-ing the ladies, esp. the ones at immigration, security and check-in counters. :D

.naim

you got that right. reminds me when i'm in college in Houston. My lecturer prefer you call her ma'am instead of miss. it's a friendly way to call a person.

Azuddin

Oooo...the A320. I caught The Red Devils last week. See some pics here:

http://ny6.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_ny6_archive.html

Scroll to the bottom of page.

.naim

Excellent blog, Naim, besides the 320 pictures, loved to see and read your Kuching story as well ;)

you got that right. reminds me when i'm in college in Houston. My lecturer prefer you call her ma'am instead of miss. it's a friendly way to call a person.

Azuddin

No, you don't have to call them maám or whatsoever, but the best thing is, whatever your age is, they will call you sir :huh:

If anyone has ever conversed with a Filipino before, you'll quickly realize all ladies are referred to as ma'am (pronounced mum) - it gets a bit of getting used to, particularly when a stranger refers to your mother as mum !

Bing,

Correct, but they're "Americanized" when it comes to speaking English...

Ma'am = madam = mem.

What's so strange about that?

Ma'am = White people to females...

Madam = Indians to females...

Mem = Phillipinos to females...

The above are the biased views held by most people in Dubai...

"Maám" is the American pronounciation of "Madam". I believe it is also spelled as "Madam" in American English. For English who have cockney accent, they often pronounced it with little stress on "t" or "d" sounds, it also sounds like "Ma'am" as well with subtle differences. It is just referring to the same thing........ Filippino, Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese and Korean are taught with American English, rather than UK English.

Isn't Maori mean native people of New Zaeland.........................

The team Maori does not mean "Native people" in NZ. Maori is the given name of a particular ethnic group who arrived to live in NZ several centuries before the European colonialists and early Chinese gold miners. Maori is certainly not the earliest people to arrive to live in NZ. It was the Morioris who arrived here to live first. It is believe that they were all killed and eaten to extinction by the Maori.

By the way, Maoris are related to Malays. They were part of the Austronesian speaking group originated from South China and South East Asia.

Sign in to follow this