MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

British Airways A380 to FRA, LAX, HKG, JNB, IAD, SIN & SFO

BA A388 will be sitting at HKIA for 9 hours

Wow. That's a long time to sit idle...

Meanwhile, MH is making full use of theirs!

If BA026 depart HKG early will arrive LHR during curfew hours.

Given most pax prefer evening/night departure from LHR and HKG, higher yield is more than compensate for idling. Keeping aircraft in the air with low yield load is worst off than keeping on the ground most of the time.

Edited by KK Lee

Nope. Not quite. Once MH receives all 6 380s, there is actually one spare aircraft! Only 5 frames are needed for 2x daily LHR and 1X daily HKG/CDG.

Nope. Not quite. Once MH receives all 6 380s, there is actually one spare aircraft! Only 5 frames are needed for 2x daily LHR and 1X daily HKG/CDG.

Not really... read it somewhere that eventho they receive all 6 by end of this month, MH will only have 5 frames in service for a bout a year as the A380 will take turn for wings repaired, besides MH still didnt announce route for their last frame

BA A380 configuration:

Lower deck
14 “enhanced” First Class suites
44 Club World seats, in the current 2-4-2 configuration
199 World Traveller seats, with 10 seats across in a 3-4-3 split

Upper deck
53 Club World seats, in the 2-3-2 configuration
55 World Traveller Plus seats, also in a 2-3-2 configuration
104 World Traveller seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration

http://biztravelguru.com/2013/03/british-airways-a380-interior-cabin-photos/?fb_action_ids=10151400415533541&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151400415533541%22%3A393103440796691%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151400415533541%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Many people think she looks good. But I think there's a huge white space at the back. At least on MH A380,there are swoosh ribbons.

Many people think she looks good. But I think there's a huge white space at the back. At least on MH A380,there are swoosh ribbons.

LH livery looks OK despie the huge white space at the back ...

Maybe BA cut cost and same crew will operate back to LHR.

I don't think they are that cruel to the crew. Anyway 9 hours on the ground is insufficient rest even for short haul ops. The minimum rest time will be at least the same as the preceding duty period, or at least 12 hours, whichever is longer.

Edited by Radzi

Rumours on short haul training flights prior to the launch of the A380 services to LAX and HKG:

And BA will operate the first training flights to ..... can't say. More than my job's worth.
It ain't anywhere in Spain, though.

PS There'll be two flights a day. One early morning and the other late afternoon.

Just like there are many 747 jets we will now see many A380 as they are becoming the big workhorse replacement of the 747.

Side news, BA is completing its impressive line of new aircraft with an order of 18 A350-1000. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/04/22/uk-iag-idUKBRE93L0SM20130422

1130700267_6ae0f22001_z.jpg?zz=1

BA's armada of new long range widebody aircraft will then consist of:

• 12 B77W
  • 12 A380
  • 24 B787
  • 18 A350-1000

From the article:

For Spanish flag carrier Iberia, IAG said it had reached agreement with Airbus and Boeing to secure commercial terms and delivery slots that "could lead to firm orders for A350s and/or or for Boeing 787s".

Firm orders would only be made when Iberia is in a position to grow profitably after restructuring, IAG said.

From the article:

Thanks. I just checked my sources and indeed 18 a350s for British Airways... Maybe then BA will return to KUL.. Lol.

A reliable source from A.Net leaked that BA will send the A380 to FRA for training flights from mid July 2013. http://fraaviation.forumsfree.de/t11040-speedbird-a380-routeproving-july-aug-2013

This news is in line with previous rumour that BA is sending the A380 twice a day (morning and mid day) to an airport that has already handled the A380 and it is NOT located in Spain.

Earlier on, MAD is heavily speculated to be the chosen one for the training flights.

More news about BA A380 test/training flights leaked in A.Net:

Got more news. Today I heard BA will test fly the A380 on LHR-MSE-CHR without passengers, and later LHR-FRA with passengers.

Sign in to follow this