MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Airshow 2012

Next time must invest on trade day pass. :( It was so crowded this time around.

Thanks for those showing the N688JC.

Now I can see the tail clearly with the word Jackie & Dragon in Chinese.

When so many aviation greats rub shoulder in one place ... right there among some of the most beautiful planes in the world, you can be sure that many find just the inspiration they need.

One such inspired soul is Mwinger KS Ong ... standing under the Royal Australian Air Force's C-130J, he was sufficiently inspired to dump the "Kangaroo Hop" and instead adopt an "I can fly" pose.

mw-ICanFly-2012-02-17-01Cr-KSOng.jpg

The next day, I was sure I have found KS Ong's soulmate ... who was similarly inclined to take to the skies in her "I oso can fly" pose. KS Ong ... the search for a soulmate ends here.

mw-ICanFlyToo-2012-02-18-01Cr.jpg

KC Sim

I have test-uploaded a short video clip taken onboard the Boeing 787 Dreamliner during its recent demonstration flight on 14 February 2012 ...

You may watch it at :

and I will soon upload an even longer video showing the scene out of the window when the Dreamliner made two passes over the Marina Bay area of Singapore.

KC Sim

Thanks. When I was there on Saturday, his new toy wasn't there. :angry2:

A pity that Jackie Chan could not have kept his toy at the show for another two days ... I am certain many were disappointed as the presence of this private jet was highly publicised. You may read more about this visit at my blog at :

http://livelifelovelife-kc.blogspot.com/

KC Sim

Here some pictures of mine during visit on public day (18th Feb). Lucky to onboard B747 cabin tour and keep their special boarding pass.

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

Here is my contribution of demo and aerobatic flights on the 1st public day. The weather and lighting are not favorable (as always during the last 3 SIN airshows I attended!)

B787 flyby

#1 Sin-airshow2012-002.jpg

#2 B787_003_1.jpg

#3 Sin-airshow2012-003.jpg

RSAF F15SG and F16C

#4 Sin-airshow2012-004.jpg

#5 Sin-airshow2012-005.jpg

C-17A

#6 c17_retract_gear_1.jpg

B52 Stratofortress

#7 B52_flyby_5559.jpg

Mig-29 TUDM Smokey Bandits, I truly like their performance

#8 Sin-airshow2012-006.jpg

#9 Mig29-RMAF-SIN2012acopy.jpg

#10 Sin-airshow2012-007.jpg

#11 Sin-airshow2012-008.jpg

#12 Mig29-RMAF-SIN2012-formation.jpg

#13 Me and Jack of the Demo Team

smokey_bandit-Jack_SIN2012.jpg

The aerobatic solo Rebel

#14 Sin-airshow2012-009.jpg

My tribute to the 'Queen of the Skies'. Boeing B747 reflecting upon its past with one of the world’s most famous airlines – Singapore Airlines – after nearly 40 years in service. You will be missed.

IMG_1688_e_f_BW.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is anything joining the flight to HKG on the 6 April? It's Good Friday so I guess a lot of people will be spotting her then.

I think quite a lot of us will be onboard the flight rather than spotting at the airport - I am on both sectors. This is one flight we all have to be on ... and SIA is extending the flying time of each sector by almost an hour to maximise the enjoyment onboard this commemorative flight.

So far I understand that SIA is doing something special about the food that will be served ... along with champagne to send off the Queen. There will of course be giveaways ... and I think the aviation enthusiasts onboard will clear away the safety cards - not that these are going to be missed after 9V-SPQ lands back in Singapore at the end of the commemorative flight.

If I may dream, I would like it to do a low level flypast over Changi Airport or downtown Singapore (like the B787 did). Are any of our Malaysian friends booked to fly on SQ747 (SIN-HKG) and / or SQ748 (HKG-SIN) on 6 April?

KC Sim

Hi KC, understand the flight is already fully booked on both sectors in all classes. Since it's public holiday I wonder if anyone would drive down to catch her departure or arrival.

King KC, Ikman, Keith, Nguyen, Flee, KS, Kian Hong.....

My enormous gratitude for sharing your shots of the air show. Its like i were there as well. Shots are blady good!!. And that 788 window video excellent KC. Lucky you!! And appreciate the time and effort taken to upload those in this thread.

Cheers mates!!

Great action shot of 55152, Loc...

Thanks, guys, for sharing the Airshow pictures... :good: