MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

Penang (WMKP/PEN) 2012

Thanks Hon Kit.

Not from the bus stop. From the crash gate near the cargo area. Standing on the water pipe. Not very safe la!! Nearly fell off.

Also, Jln Bayan Lepas has been closed both ways. Could not get to the small river area today because of that.

Edited by LaurieB

Fantastic shots, Laurie! The first one is my fav, I like the combination...Queen of the skies gracefully returns to earth with the lush foliage behind.

Hi all PEN spotter.....i'm from BKI...I would like to ask PEN most used runway is rwy04 or rwy22, and the bus stop is it a best view for spot ???

Most of the time I go Rwy 04 is used. I personally think you'll have a better chance with Rwy 04. Rwy 22 usually in the afternoon, yet Rwy 04 can often take over as well.

The bus stop spot is ok. You might wanna pull some balancing act on the steel pipe there. :-)

Most of the time I go Rwy 04 is used. I personally think you'll have a better chance with Rwy 04. Rwy 22 usually in the afternoon, yet Rwy 04 can often take over as well.

The bus stop spot is ok. You might wanna pull some balancing act on the steel pipe there. :-)

ok..thank a lot :D

but the bus stop got fencing right ???

There is now new fencing inside the old fence at the bus stop. The new wire is about 2 feet higher and standing on the pipe, or rock, will not really get good shots anymore.

'Banana One' expected to arrive PEN this Saturday between 0800-0900L, leaving around 1630L the same day.

MH138 from ADL to KUL on 03 December 2012 was diverted to PEN around 8.15pm

MH138_zpsba8073ea.png

the only thing I managed to get during her departure at 9.25pm... :vava: taken from my hotel room

IMG_4060_zps84e966d3.jpg

the other aircraft involved was 9M-FFF from CGK

There is now new fencing inside the old fence at the bus stop. The new wire is about 2 feet higher and standing on the pipe, or rock, will not really get good shots anymore.

i was there this morning....no good spot...went home instead without taking any photos...

The only two photos that i get after went a short visit to PEN this morning....

9mafrpen17122012.jpg

img9983.jpg

*PEN is no more spotters friendly - with all those 'high rise' fencing... :(

Edited by Mohd Idham