MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Cathay Pacific A350-900

On a mileage run :p i flew KUL-TPE-HKG-BKK-KUL in the space of 24 hours.

Lol....high roller......How could you manage such routing in a day is admirable....

wow didnt know we can do mileage run in Malaysia.. mind telling us how much is the ticket?

Erm - a bit complicated :p - there were a few tickets involved.

1) KUL-TPE//BKK-KUL was a MH Z fare (the BKK-KUL portion was not used for my return to KUL yesterday, i'll use it later this month)

2) TPE-HKG is actually part of a CX TPE-oHKG-CGK//SUB-xHKG-TPE D fare to be completed later

3) HKG-BKK was a HX J fare was something like 1650 HKD

4) the BKK KUL i DID use is part of another MH Z BKK-oKUL-oICN-xKUL-BKK ticket - KUL-ICN later this month :)

for those unfamiliar -

// = open jaw

o = stopover

x = cross (aka transit, no stopover)

1) KUL-TPE//BKK-KUL was a MH Z fare (the BKK-KUL portion was not used for my return to KUL yesterday, i'll use it later this month)

2) TPE-HKG is actually part of a CX TPE-oHKG-CGK//SUB-xHKG-TPE D fare to be completed later

4) the BKK KUL i DID use is part of another MH Z BKK-oKUL-oICN-xKUL-BKK ticket - KUL-ICN later this month :)

for those unfamiliar -

// = open jaw

o = stopover

Very very impressive 👍👍

for those unfamiliar -

// = open jaw

o = stopover

Wow! So many sarang (nested) tickets! I am no expert, but you should teach me more when I get invited to join some sort of guest list (VIP? I don't know) next year :D

Edited by Craig

Wow! So many sarang (nested) tickets! I am no expert, but you should teach me more when I get invited to join some sort of guest list (VIP? I don't know) next year :D

I'm like a bird. I like nesting. You know more than I do, so that makes you a bigger bird. :p

I'm like a bird. I like nesting. You know more than I do, so that makes you a bigger bird. :p

I am just an amateur. I go to kayak and look for the cheapest fare between two destinations - don't bother about loyalty. I never get invited to some list or key. :p

Edited by Craig

I am just an amateur. I go to kayak and look for the cheapest fare between two destinations - don't bother about loyalty. I never get invited to some list or key. :p

Why would you use a sea transport to find flights? Am I the only one confused here? 😂

Why would you use a sea transport to find flights? Am I the only one confused here?

I fly for the price of sea transport :D

Through the roof: passenger causes three-hour delay on Hong Kong flight to Bangkok after mistakenly tearing off part of ceiling

Traveller thought he was opening an overhead luggage bin on a new Cathay Pacific Airbus A350; the flight left three hours late after repairs

Report and pix: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/economy/article/1992855/through-roof-passenger-causes-three-hour-delay-hong-kong?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=SCMPSocialNewsfeed

SCMP sounded like a British junk tabloid when its said that the aircraft suffered serious damage...just because a cabin interior panel was forced open by a passenger. I'm surprised the aircraft was not scrapped because of that very serious, extremely dangerous, totally unthinkable incident!

Ouch... why would that section be redundant and not used as a space for a storage bin?

It's the rear section where crew rest areas are most likely within the crown, so no bins at all.

a350-media-flight-31_32796.jpg

Yup.. Very silly design.. Some A350 flights are not able to accommodate all pax hand carry...

Cathay Pacific to replace faulty Airbus A350 business class seats

Cathay Pacific will rip out and replace the business class seats in a quarter of its Airbus A350 fleet in response to a series of issues with poor-quality fit and finish which has been widely reported on social media
The A350 seats were supplied by Zodiac Aerospace and represent an update of the airline’s flagship business class on its Boeing 777-300ER and Airbus A330 fleet.
However, the seats – which have been flying for less than a year on the advanced A350 jetliners – have been beset by problems such as ill-fitting seat fabric and trim, peeling and flaking laminate surfaces and broken latch mechanisms.
“Zodiac has agreed to replace all business class seats on the first three A350 aircraft to join the Cathay fleet,” James Evans, Cathay Pacific’s General Manager of Product, confirmed to Australian Business Traveller.

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cathay Pacific Airways today announced that its daily flight from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Hong Kong will switch from a Boeing 777-300ER to an Airbus A350-900 operation beginning on October 29, 2017.

One of 16 A350-900s delivered to the airline since its launch in 2016, the aircraft features a refreshed Business Class cabin as well as new Premium Economy Class and Economy Class seats. The A350 will also be deployed on one of three daily San Francisco – Hong Kong flights beginning on the very same day. The airline's four flights per day from New York's John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) will continue to be operated by Boeing 777-300ER, which make up the majority of Cathay Pacific's ultra long-haul fleet.

More:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cathay-pacific-introducing-a350-to-newark-liberty-international-airport-300497077.html

EWR was touch and go for a while, so I'm glad to see CX is renewing its faith in it.

Hope to see the A350 on more routes, although that would mean fewer seats per flight if it replaces the 77G.

Sign in to follow this